• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a managed package installed that starts a Batch job. In my custom code I have implemented a Future method. When the batch job starts it updates my object and invokes the trigger that calls the future method. I would like to call the Future method only when its a normal operation and not a Batch operation. I  intend to use the System.isBatch() property to determine whether its a Batch operation. Since the Batch job is in the managed package I am not sure whether the variable will return a "True" value in my custom code. Has anyone encountered such an case ?
I have a managed package installed that starts a Batch job. In my custom code I have implemented a Future method. When the batch job starts it updates my object and invokes the trigger that calls the future method. I would like to call the Future method only when its a normal operation and not a Batch operation. I  intend to use the System.isBatch() property to determine whether its a Batch operation. Since the Batch job is in the managed package I am not sure whether the variable will return a "True" value in my custom code. Has anyone encountered such an case ?