• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
For a custom field, there is a "Where is this used?" button. How can I find every place a standard field is used?
I would think this would be something which is straightforward, but as far as I can tell it is not. I hope I'm wrong.

I want to place a button on a custom object list page which will execute a LWC. 

What I HAVE tried is to use lightning out from a Visual Force page attached to the button, but this doesn't allow me to use NavigationMixin.Navigate, nor it seems window.open(url). Also, it doesn't seem to allow the use of ShowToastEvent.

Also, since Salesforce is encouraging the use of LWC, I would be surprised if there is not a way to call the LWC component directly from the button.

Ideas? Advice?
I would like to be able to close a toast event (shown using ShowToastEvent in LWC Javascript) from the Javascript - if the user hasn't closed it yet and the 3 seconds timer hasn't elapsed - and a called Apex method has returned.

Is this possible? If so, how is it done?
I have this aura code:
<aura:iteration items="{!v.giaList}" var="giaRecord" indexVar="number">
        <c:GIO_GauListItem
          origGiaRecord="{!giaRecord}"
          giaRecord="{!giaRecord}"
        />
      </aura:iteration>
In GIO_GauListItem.cmp, I have:
<aura:attribute name="giaRecord" type="Object" />
  <aura:attribute name="origGiaRecord" type="Object" />
But, in the sub-component, when giaRecord changes, so does origGiaRecord. Are these values being passed by reference from the parent component? that is, not actually two instances of the object?

How can I maintain the original values in the copy?
All the samples I've seen of Apex trigger handlers have them calling static methods in a helper/service class. What happens when a second trigger of the same type (say after insert) on the same object happens before that static method has finished executing? Will the second trigger call that static method and take over its execution - changing records, variables, etc?

This reveals my ignorance, but I've tried to figure this out on my own (using Google, etc.) without success.

Help/guidance/explanation would be greatly appreciated.
I created a package (unmanaged, unlocked). When I click on the Package Name link to add classes, etc. to the package, I get a list of class IDs 01p36000... along with two buttons labled "Recompile All". Also these messages: "Bad References Found" and "Please press Recompile All or edit and resave the following items".

When I click one of the buttons, I get "java.lang.NullPointerException". When I click any of the links to the classes, I get "Data Not Available".

It seems the classes in the list no longer exist. It also seems there is some corruption within our prod org.

How can I resolve this?

Because of this problem, I am unable to add a managed package to a scratch org - based on the Dev Hub - based on this production org.
I am using Eclipse Oxygen.3a and Force.com version 38.0.0.201701101558 from https://developer.salesforce.com/media/force-ide/eclipse45. Our staging environment is on Winter '19, so this should be supported.

When I write a switch statement as described in the Apex Developer Guide, the IDE complains as if it doesn't support the switch statement.

Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody know of a solution? I've tried to update Force.com, but am told I have the latest version.
I created a package (unmanaged, unlocked). When I click on the Package Name link to add classes, etc. to the package, I get a list of class IDs 01p36000... along with two buttons labled "Recompile All". Also these messages: "Bad References Found" and "Please press Recompile All or edit and resave the following items".

When I click one of the buttons, I get "java.lang.NullPointerException". When I click any of the links to the classes, I get "Data Not Available".

It seems the classes in the list no longer exist. It also seems there is some corruption within our prod org.

How can I resolve this?

Because of this problem, I am unable to add a managed package to a scratch org - based on the Dev Hub - based on this production org.
For a custom field, there is a "Where is this used?" button. How can I find every place a standard field is used?
I would think this would be something which is straightforward, but as far as I can tell it is not. I hope I'm wrong.

I want to place a button on a custom object list page which will execute a LWC. 

What I HAVE tried is to use lightning out from a Visual Force page attached to the button, but this doesn't allow me to use NavigationMixin.Navigate, nor it seems window.open(url). Also, it doesn't seem to allow the use of ShowToastEvent.

Also, since Salesforce is encouraging the use of LWC, I would be surprised if there is not a way to call the LWC component directly from the button.

Ideas? Advice?
I would like to be able to close a toast event (shown using ShowToastEvent in LWC Javascript) from the Javascript - if the user hasn't closed it yet and the 3 seconds timer hasn't elapsed - and a called Apex method has returned.

Is this possible? If so, how is it done?
I have this aura code:
<aura:iteration items="{!v.giaList}" var="giaRecord" indexVar="number">
        <c:GIO_GauListItem
          origGiaRecord="{!giaRecord}"
          giaRecord="{!giaRecord}"
        />
      </aura:iteration>
In GIO_GauListItem.cmp, I have:
<aura:attribute name="giaRecord" type="Object" />
  <aura:attribute name="origGiaRecord" type="Object" />
But, in the sub-component, when giaRecord changes, so does origGiaRecord. Are these values being passed by reference from the parent component? that is, not actually two instances of the object?

How can I maintain the original values in the copy?
All the samples I've seen of Apex trigger handlers have them calling static methods in a helper/service class. What happens when a second trigger of the same type (say after insert) on the same object happens before that static method has finished executing? Will the second trigger call that static method and take over its execution - changing records, variables, etc?

This reveals my ignorance, but I've tried to figure this out on my own (using Google, etc.) without success.

Help/guidance/explanation would be greatly appreciated.
I am using Eclipse Oxygen.3a and Force.com version 38.0.0.201701101558 from https://developer.salesforce.com/media/force-ide/eclipse45. Our staging environment is on Winter '19, so this should be supported.

When I write a switch statement as described in the Apex Developer Guide, the IDE complains as if it doesn't support the switch statement.

Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody know of a solution? I've tried to update Force.com, but am told I have the latest version.