• 45 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to follow the directions for the Developer's Beginner Module, I'm on: Displaying Records, Fields and Tables. 

The instructions seem to be missing something as I can't get my apex code to display the records as indicated in the instructions or I'm doing it incorrectly and the instructions aren't missing anything. But I think there is a missing piece. 

Here's the code: 
<apex:detail standardController="Account" >
    <apex:relatedList list="Contacts"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="Opportunities" pageSize="5"/>
</apex:detail>

My Preview screen comes up blank. Your help would be appreciated to know what I'm missing. 

Thanks.
T.

Hi all,

I seem to have hit a snag with my work. I have used this technique before but for some reason I am gettting this error, Method does not exist or incorrect signature: [List<AggregateResult>].get(String). 

List<Contact> l_ConToUpdate = [SELECT ID,INV_YTD_Entertainment_Spend__c,INV_PYTD_Entertainment_Spend__c FROM Contact where Id in :Set_Id];
        For (Contact con:l_ConToUpdate){
            List<AggregateResult> l_EventToCountCY = [SELECT SUM(INV_Cost__c) Total FROM Event WHERE WhoId = :con.Id AND CALENDAR_YEAR(ENDDATETIME) = :System.Today().year() AND INV_Type__c = 'Entertainment'];
            CY_Sum = Double.valueOf(l_EventToCountCY.get('Total')); <-- error on this line

Any hints?
Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a request from my Sales Department to create a dynamic dashboard based around the logged in users territory that should display all of the contact within said territory. I have looked into dynamic dashboards but I wanted to ask is this feasible to do with out of the box functionality? I know a visualforce page would be an easy way around this but they want to be able to recreate this dashboard for accounts/opportunities after the first one is created. With that being the case, VF would require more custom work every time they want a new dashboad.

Thoguhts? 

Thanks, 

Andrew

Hi All,

I am currently tasked with reworking one of my organizations classes that counts Activity totals for users. Currently it is leaving out those who are not the main contact on the Activity. Currently the query functions as the following:

select count(id) exp1, Calendar_Year(EndDateTime) exp2, whoId, INV_Activity_Owner_Type__c exp3,  INV_Activity_Owner_Terr__c exp4
                                 from   Event where  whoId in :contactSet 
                                 group by Calendar_Year(EndDateTime),whoID ,INV_Activity_Owner_Type__c, INV_Activity_Owner_Terr__c

I am attempting to change this to use event relation as it stores all the contacts to the activity, when I try the following I recieve an error stating that it has failed to understand the relationship Event.***.

select count(id) exp1, Calendar_Year(Event.EndDateTime) exp2, RelationId, Event.INV_Activity_Owner_Type__c exp3,                     Event.INV_Activity_Owner_Terr__c exp4
                                        from   EventRelation 
                                        where  RelationId in :contactSet        

Thanks in advance for the information.                          
Hi all,

This may sound like a dumb question, but I am currently unable to change the field level securities for the Private standard field under Events. I have users in specific regions and one needs to be able to see this field while the other does not want it. When attempting to edit the FLS clicking the check boxes is not an option. Any advice? 
I am on the sytem admin profile and would think I should beable to edit this.

User-added image
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to Visualforce and I seem to have hit an error in my syntax, though I believe there is a better way to go about what I am trying to accomplish.

I am attempting to pass an account id to a report and have had success with the below code.
<apex:outputLink onclick="return isClickedInConsole(this)" html-data-reporturl="/{!$Label.Factset_List_View}?pv1={!URLENCODE(LEFT(Account.id,15))}" id="theLink_14">
                <apex:outputLabel value="Factset List View"/>
                <br/>
</apex:outputLink>

But I have now been requested to dynamically send the parent account id if the Hierarchy Level is equal to L3. Using the following code and other similar variations I recieve a syntax error and I am not sure how to go about solving it.
<apex:outputLink onclick="return isClickedInConsole(this)" html-data-reporturl="/{!$Label.Factset_Dashboard}?pv1={!URLENCODE(LEFT({!IF((Account.Hierarchy_Level__C=='L3'),Account.parentid,Account.id)},15))}" id="theLink_13">
                <apex:outputLabel value="Factset Dashboard"/>
                <br/>

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I am trying to follow the directions for the Developer's Beginner Module, I'm on: Displaying Records, Fields and Tables. 

The instructions seem to be missing something as I can't get my apex code to display the records as indicated in the instructions or I'm doing it incorrectly and the instructions aren't missing anything. But I think there is a missing piece. 

Here's the code: 
<apex:detail standardController="Account" >
    <apex:relatedList list="Contacts"/>
    <apex:relatedList list="Opportunities" pageSize="5"/>
</apex:detail>

My Preview screen comes up blank. Your help would be appreciated to know what I'm missing. 

Thanks.
T.
Hi all,

This may sound like a dumb question, but I am currently unable to change the field level securities for the Private standard field under Events. I have users in specific regions and one needs to be able to see this field while the other does not want it. When attempting to edit the FLS clicking the check boxes is not an option. Any advice? 
I am on the sytem admin profile and would think I should beable to edit this.

User-added image
Hi Everyone,

Brand new to Visualforce and I seem to have hit an error in my syntax, though I believe there is a better way to go about what I am trying to accomplish.

I am attempting to pass an account id to a report and have had success with the below code.
<apex:outputLink onclick="return isClickedInConsole(this)" html-data-reporturl="/{!$Label.Factset_List_View}?pv1={!URLENCODE(LEFT(Account.id,15))}" id="theLink_14">
                <apex:outputLabel value="Factset List View"/>
                <br/>

But I have now been requested to dynamically send the parent account id if the Hierarchy Level is equal to L3. Using the following code and other similar variations I recieve a syntax error and I am not sure how to go about solving it.
<apex:outputLink onclick="return isClickedInConsole(this)" html-data-reporturl="/{!$Label.Factset_Dashboard}?pv1={!URLENCODE(LEFT({!IF((Account.Hierarchy_Level__C=='L3'),Account.parentid,Account.id)},15))}" id="theLink_13">
                <apex:outputLabel value="Factset Dashboard"/>
                <br/>

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!