• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, 

I have a project coming up and I am interested in finding out if salesforce can be used to tackle it. 

Basically we are building a website that enables users to join, choose between one of two types of accounts and then search our database of users for other users. 

We would use Salesforce as the backend database that saves all our user informtion once they sign up via the website. They would need to have access to their profile to update it and make amends etc. 

Also we would need to create a search page that basically quieries the salesforce database and pulls back information such as users and some of their saved information. The search would need to have a filter option to enable people searching the database to change the requirements of the search and get specific results... Ie location, skills etc. 

Is this all possible via sales force and if so is there any documentation on how to do it?

Also what languages would I need to use to achieve this? Im thinking php? 
Thanks

Hello, 

I have a project coming up and I am interested in finding out if salesforce can be used to tackle it. 

Basically we are building a website that enables users to join, choose between one of two types of accounts and then search our database of users for other users. 

We would use Salesforce as the backend database that saves all our user informtion once they sign up via the website. They would need to have access to their profile to update it and make amends etc. 

Also we would need to create a search page that basically quieries the salesforce database and pulls back information such as users and some of their saved information. The search would need to have a filter option to enable people searching the database to change the requirements of the search and get specific results... Ie location, skills etc. 

Is this all possible via sales force and if so is there any documentation on how to do it?

Also what languages would I need to use to achieve this? Im thinking php? 
Thanks