• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Most of the sfdx commands that I use are suddenly giving the above error. I've tried deleting my ~/.sfdx directory and rebuilding aliases from scratch, as well as re-authenticating to my DevHub, but that's no help, nor does changing log level options provide any additional data. The error code is AuthInfoOverwriteError and the stack from sfdx.log is

at Function.create (/Users/jeffgarbers/.local/share/sfdx/plugins/node_modules/@salesforce/core/lib/sfdxError.js:141:16)
at AuthInfo.init (/Users/jeffgarbers/.local/share/sfdx/plugins/node_modules/@salesforce/core/lib/authInfo.js:432:45)

sfdx --version gives sfdx-cli/6.56.0-e3fd846a1f (darwin-x64) node-v8.15.1

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to get past this error, as I'm pretty much dead in the water with most sfdx commands failing. Thanks!
I have some Jasmine tests in a Lightning project. The test app includes the line
<c:lts_jasmineRunner testFiles="{!$Resource.lexNewTeamTestSuite}" />
When I went to build a package version, I got the error

ERROR:  LexNewTeamTestApp: No COMPONENT named markup://c:lts_jasmineRunner found : [markup://c:LexNewTeamTestApp].

I used the command sfdx:force:lightning:test:install to install the LTS components into my scratch org. From the developer console, when I use FIle > Open Lightning Resources, lts_jasmineRunner does appear in the list. I am able to run sfdx:force:lightning:test:run to run the tests successfully. But I've tried doing the package version creation in two different projects, and both give this error.

I can work around the problem for now by commenting out the lts_jasmineRunner element in my test app, but that doesn't seem like it should be necessary. Can anyone help me understand what's going on and provide a better fix? Thanks in advance!
I'm using SFDX to build and deploy 2nd-generation packages for our internal use. My first package -- I'll call it "green" -- uses several custom fields and objects I'd already created in our production org. To get "green" to work in a scratch org, I included those field and object definitions in the package. Installing this "green" package into production worked fine.

I then created a new package "blue", which needed some of the classes I'd developed and deployed in "green". So I refactored those shared classes and components out of "green" and into a new package "common", and then made "common" a dependency for "green".

Now, I'm unable to install my new refactored version of "green" into production. It's dependent on "common", so "common" would need to be installed first. But installing "common" fails with errors because it includes classes that are already in the previous "green" package. I thought I'd just uninstall "green", but it appears as though doing so would delete all of the custom fields and objects that are defined in "green" (for use in scratch orgs) but had been created in production long before "green" existed.

Can anyone suggest a way around this catch-22? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
I'd like to be able to discreetly display the versionName or versionNumber defined in my Lightning component package. I've found an explanation at

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_versioning.htm

suggesting the use of {!Version} in markup and cmp.getVersion() in a client-side controller, but both of those return null in my component. 

The version name and number defined in my sfdx-project.json are appearing correctly when I check the "Installed Packages" page in Setup. 

Is there some other way to get the current version number of the component, or am I doing something else wrong? Thanks!
I recently installed a Lightning unmanaged package I've been working on into our production environment. Now, when trying to work on the package through Developer Console in a scratch org, I can no longer make changes to Apex classes used in that package. When I edit and try to save one, the error message says "managed installed classes cannot be saved".

I am able to edit and save Lightning components from the Console with no problem. Also, using Salesforce DX, I am able to edit Apex class files locally and use sfdx force:source:push to upload the changes to the scratch org. Using push lets me get work done, but I'd still like to make quick experimental changes in Developer Console.

Can anyone explain what's happening here and offer a fix? Thanks!

As a result of working through Trailhead lessons and experimental projects, there are now four packages listed when I run the command sfdx force:package:list. I don't want any of them any more and would like to delete them. I don't have any active scratch orgs or sandboxes, and none of the four unwanted packages appear in Setup's "Packages" or "Installed Packages" pages for my DevHub org, so the advice I've seen given to others -- uninstall the package, then delete it from the uninstalled packages list -- is of no help here.

I need help understanding two things:

1) Where do the packages shown by sfdx force:package:list "live"? Are they associated with my DevHub or what? Where would I find them in the Salesforce web-based UI?

2) How can I delete (not just uninstall) these packages?

I have a feeling I'm missing something basic. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
In its markup, a component can refer to its own attributes using {!v.attrname} .  Is there a similar way to refer to the attributes of its child components? From within the controller. you can use component.find('foo').get('v.childattr'), but I don't see a comparable way to do it from within the parent's markup.

Hoping I'm missing something simple - thanks in advance for any help.
Running under Classic, I have a "Custom Link" on our homepage that takes users to a custom Visualforce form I've created to ease data entry. Now, I'd like to provide that form's functionality with a Lightning user interface so it can be used effectively on mobile devices. I've worked through many of the Trailhead lessons, but I'm still unclear whether I should be creating a whole new "app" -- which seems like overkill --  or if there is some simpler way to deploy and provide access to the Lightning-based form that I intend to create. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? Thanks in advance!
I'm working through the geolocation app in Trailhead and I ran into a minor problem. The last step in the "Build the Account Map Display" section has you create a new, fresh scratch org ("GeoTestOrg"), push your code into it, import data, and make sure your stuff works properly there. I've followed the instructions carefully (I think) but I get an error when trying to load the sample data:
ERROR:  No such column 'Location__Latitude__s' on sobject of type Account.
I checked the Account schema in GeoTestOrg using this command, but my Location__c field doesn't appear:
$ sfdx force:schema:sobject:describe -s Account -u GeoTestOrg
Using a similar command for my "working" scratch org, I do see Location__c having been defined (and I see my location markers, etc. properly when I run from there):
$ sfdx force:schema:sobject:describe -s Account
So it seems as if the Location__c custom field on Account isn't getting pushed to GeoTestOrg. From the Developer Console on GeoTestOrg I do see that my components and other files (AccountList, AccountMap, etc.) are there, so something got pushed successfully.

I tried the create / push / check steps again with another new scratch org and got the same result -- no new Location__c field on Account. Anybody have any idea what I might be doing wrong, or what I can do to investigate? Thanks in advance for any help!

I've implemented a trigger that reassigns Tasks created by Email-to-Salesforce.  The first step in the trigger is to determine the Contact or Lead to whom the email was sent, represented in the Task object by WhoId.  In my development instance, when my trigger gets a Task, WhoId is populated with the ID of the Contact with the email address to which the message was sent.  But when deployed to production, WhoId is consistently null on those new Tasks.  At some point (not by my code) the new Task does get assigned to the corresponding Contact, but at the time my trigger fires, WhoId is null, and my business logic doesn't know who got the email.

Can anyone explain the inconsistency in behavior of this feature between my dev and production instances, and perhaps suggest a workaround? I could try parsing out the email addresses from the "Additional To:" part of the Task's Description field and looking them up, but I'm confused as to why what I have works in one place and not the other.

Thanks in advance for any help!

As a result of working through Trailhead lessons and experimental projects, there are now four packages listed when I run the command sfdx force:package:list. I don't want any of them any more and would like to delete them. I don't have any active scratch orgs or sandboxes, and none of the four unwanted packages appear in Setup's "Packages" or "Installed Packages" pages for my DevHub org, so the advice I've seen given to others -- uninstall the package, then delete it from the uninstalled packages list -- is of no help here.

I need help understanding two things:

1) Where do the packages shown by sfdx force:package:list "live"? Are they associated with my DevHub or what? Where would I find them in the Salesforce web-based UI?

2) How can I delete (not just uninstall) these packages?

I have a feeling I'm missing something basic. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
Running under Classic, I have a "Custom Link" on our homepage that takes users to a custom Visualforce form I've created to ease data entry. Now, I'd like to provide that form's functionality with a Lightning user interface so it can be used effectively on mobile devices. I've worked through many of the Trailhead lessons, but I'm still unclear whether I should be creating a whole new "app" -- which seems like overkill --  or if there is some simpler way to deploy and provide access to the Lightning-based form that I intend to create. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? Thanks in advance!
I've implemented a trigger that reassigns Tasks created by Email-to-Salesforce.  The first step in the trigger is to determine the Contact or Lead to whom the email was sent, represented in the Task object by WhoId.  In my development instance, when my trigger gets a Task, WhoId is populated with the ID of the Contact with the email address to which the message was sent.  But when deployed to production, WhoId is consistently null on those new Tasks.  At some point (not by my code) the new Task does get assigned to the corresponding Contact, but at the time my trigger fires, WhoId is null, and my business logic doesn't know who got the email.

Can anyone explain the inconsistency in behavior of this feature between my dev and production instances, and perhaps suggest a workaround? I could try parsing out the email addresses from the "Additional To:" part of the Task's Description field and looking them up, but I'm confused as to why what I have works in one place and not the other.

Thanks in advance for any help!