• 40 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a picklist field (QR_Service__c) with a value of "IA".
Another picklist field (Tax_Prep__c) with a value of "Yes".
I have a formula field (Quallified_Service__c) which combines the values of both picklists and outputs it to a text field (Qualified_Service__c) as: "Yes + IA"

I want to be able to change the word, "Yes" to "Tax Prep".
This would change the output to "Tax Prep + IA"

But if "No" is selected in the (Tax_Prep__c) picklist, the final output would be: "IA"

I tried a CASE function but its not accurate because I don't have the Yes or the No variable to determine the actual output. If someone was to select No, they would receive the same output as Yes, as shown here.
CASE (QR_Service__c,
"IA",'Tax Prep + IA',
"")
This is what the front end looks like.

User-added image
Any ideas on how to properly get the value of No to help determine the output would be great.

Thanks!

Hi All,

We have a Lightning:InputField of date type. It's accepting dummy text like 'asdf' and saving as null to database. 

How can I prevent user to enter dummy text rather than a proper date?
Hi All,

When we are trying to removing value in currency field (using lightning:inputField ) and try to update, It's throwing above said error.

Please help. 
Hi All,

We have a Lightning:InputField of date type. It's accepting dummy text like 'asdf' and saving as null to database. 

How can I prevent user to enter dummy text rather than a proper date?
I have a picklist field (QR_Service__c) with a value of "IA".
Another picklist field (Tax_Prep__c) with a value of "Yes".
I have a formula field (Quallified_Service__c) which combines the values of both picklists and outputs it to a text field (Qualified_Service__c) as: "Yes + IA"

I want to be able to change the word, "Yes" to "Tax Prep".
This would change the output to "Tax Prep + IA"

But if "No" is selected in the (Tax_Prep__c) picklist, the final output would be: "IA"

I tried a CASE function but its not accurate because I don't have the Yes or the No variable to determine the actual output. If someone was to select No, they would receive the same output as Yes, as shown here.
CASE (QR_Service__c,
"IA",'Tax Prep + IA',
"")
This is what the front end looks like.

User-added image
Any ideas on how to properly get the value of No to help determine the output would be great.

Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know why is this checkbox 'Starts with a vowel sound' is used while creating objects in salesforce?

I read somewhere that 'This is used for languages where words need different treatment depending on the first character'.

If anyone can explain me with example on how it works that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Priya Nair

• April 26, 2010