• 25 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Lightning Component with an InputField in it.
All I want to do is read the value of the field when it is changed.
So I have an onChange event on it which calls a function in the controller.
In the function, I can read the value by looking at 
event.ln.value
BUT - This doesn't seem correct to me as my component broke the other day, and I had to change the code to read "event.kn.value". This fixed it temporarily until it broke again and I had to change it back to "ln". What on earth is going on here? Is there a better way I should be looking up the value for this input field?

Is there anyway to either open a Lightning page from a record page action button (with the recordid included)
OR
to open a Lightning component from a record page action button but in full screen width (not just a pop up dialog)?

Thanks,
Matt

Is there any way to get just the "OuterHTML" text of a richtext field through Apex (NOT Visualforce)? I've checked all the String functions but none of them seem to do this.
e.g. the actual field content is: <body> This is the contents. </body>

I would like a trigger to return the value "This is the contents."

Is this possible?
Thanks,
Matt

Does anyone else get this error?
I have an actionSupport on an inputField in Visualforce with a param(eter).
The parameter isn't written back to the controller and I read this is because it needs a rerender.

However, when I add a reRender onto the actionSupport I get the error "An internal server error has occurred".

I've tried moving around outputPanels, forms and actionRegions everywhere but it still gives this error. Could it be a Salesforce bug? (In which case we are all doomed!)

I have a Lightning Component with an InputField in it.
All I want to do is read the value of the field when it is changed.
So I have an onChange event on it which calls a function in the controller.
In the function, I can read the value by looking at 
event.ln.value
BUT - This doesn't seem correct to me as my component broke the other day, and I had to change the code to read "event.kn.value". This fixed it temporarily until it broke again and I had to change it back to "ln". What on earth is going on here? Is there a better way I should be looking up the value for this input field?
If something goes wrong in lightning component and I go back to component bundle and mofidy the logic there and save and comeback to browser and refresh the page and execute the component , But the component is sometimes displaying the same old logic. Is it because the Javascript handler code is being cached in browser or any other reason. I am able to look at the new logic in browser after making three or four refreshes.
Is there any way to get just the "OuterHTML" text of a richtext field through Apex (NOT Visualforce)? I've checked all the String functions but none of them seem to do this.
e.g. the actual field content is: <body> This is the contents. </body>

I would like a trigger to return the value "This is the contents."

Is this possible?
Thanks,
Matt

Does anyone else get this error?
I have an actionSupport on an inputField in Visualforce with a param(eter).
The parameter isn't written back to the controller and I read this is because it needs a rerender.

However, when I add a reRender onto the actionSupport I get the error "An internal server error has occurred".

I've tried moving around outputPanels, forms and actionRegions everywhere but it still gives this error. Could it be a Salesforce bug? (In which case we are all doomed!)

When I use BR() in a Formula field to create a line break the value looks fine ion screen but when used in a report that is exported to excel the line break gets translated to "_BR_ENCODED_". 

The same thing does not happen when the report goes to Excel via the Printable View button but that can't substitute for the Export option.

One other post seemed to indicate this this was addressed way back in Winter 07' but that does not seem true now. 

The Export to CSV via reporting also replaces the line break with the "_BR_ENCODED_" test string.

Anyone know if this is a bug or SF really intended for it to work this.  Also, anyone have a work around to this problem?  Would have thought it would be more common given there is no native Address data type and lots of people would be creating formula based formatted address fields.

Thanks

• October 27, 2011