• 90 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am getting this error in sonarqube report, please suggest me how to avoid. below is the piece of code giving error.
Catch(Exception ex)
{
throw ex;
}
  • November 19, 2020
Hi team,

I have a requirement where I have VF  page and when I choose a file to upload I need to validate file size and display error message if it is more size. After successful upload page should be redirected back to the parent object. I tried in apex and ended up with view state error. Please help to solve this
Thanks In advance.
Hello Everybody,

We have integration requirement in our project where we need to send documents (PDF,Text,Emails etc) to external system. We need to have a Button on record page, once we click on that button few validations to be performaed after that need to display pop up window to browse files from local machine. Once we browse the file, size should be validated, if size is greater than default should display a message if everything is ok then a record should be created under notes & attachements section. Can someone pleas help me till this point how do I validate all these stuff upon button click. Later I need to send the file from salesforce.

Thanks,
Gowthami.
Hi All,
Anybody out there who can help with API calls/integration requirement in my project. I am new to integration requirements so looking for help. Below is my requirement.
I have Opportunity object where i need to place a button 'SendRequest'. When user clicks on this button i need to validate some matching criteria. If criteria met then i need to send request with few fields info like opportunity type,stage, createddate to external system and update few fileds on opportunity upon receiving response.

Please help me to achieve this task.
Thanks In Advance.
  • January 22, 2019
Hi All,

I have Opportunity object having a field called Control(text). Another object Control with fields Control(Number) and State(text). Both are not related to eachother. Now my requirement is when opportunity control is updated, i need to search that value in Control object and pull specific state value on  to opportunity. Please suggest how to achieve this.

Thanks.
  • December 24, 2018
Hi All,
I have a requirement stating when I send an email using Send Email button in Activity history and open it by clicking subject, I want to place Resend button. When I click Resend that particular mail should go again. How can we do this? please sugest me which approach i can follow.

Thanks.
  • November 21, 2018
Hi All,

Can we write SOQL inside button scripting to fetch child records. I tried something like below.
var reocrds = sforce.connection.query(here parent to child query) but it doesn't seem to be working.
Please help me know how can i do this.
 Thanks.

• October 16, 2018
Hi All,

I have a requirement where i have to fetch child records with specific name. If found i need to update check box to true on parent object.

Please help me how can i do that.

Thanks In Advance.
  • October 16, 2018
Hi All,

I have a requirement to update field on child records when a field on its aasociated parent gets updated. I want to achieve this using flows. I am new to flows so could not able to do. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks.
  • September 26, 2018
Hi All,
I have the below requirement. I have one parent and 2 childs. i want to get ids of two child records and update a field with id of child 2 on child1 and vice versa. How can i do this?

Thanks.
  • August 14, 2018
Hello All,

I am posting a custom chatter message to chatter. Can i track that message under show feed on record detail page. Is there any possibility?

Thanks for your help.
Hi All,

Please help me with the below requirement.
I have parent object Opportunity and child object Milestones. Opportunity has two milestones M1 and M2 which has status field. I want to restrict changing the status to completed on M1 unless M2 is completed. Can wedo this through VR?
Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi Folks,

I have a requirement where one parent has 2 childs. Now I am on child1 record, here i need to have hyperlink let's say child2 and when I click the hyperlink it should take me to that child2 record page. Please suggest how to implement this.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi all,

I have a requirement in visualforce Email template. I need to conditionally display subject for Email templates based on a field value. I found the below one in some blog.
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = 'Web','This is PG1 subject', IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = 'Other','This is PG2 subject','false') )}"  recipientType="Lead" relatedToType="Lead">

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

{!
IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = "Web","This is PG1 email"
IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = "Other","This is PG2 email ","false")
)
}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

</messaging:emailTemplate>
But in the subject i want to display Leasd source as well. Subject would be like "This is PG1 Email Web"/"This is PG1 Email Other".
Please help me with this requirement.

Thanks.
Hi All,

I have a requirement where the field holds comma separated values. Let's say 1234,4567,7890 like this. I want to split these values and check each value length. If length is <4 then error message should be displayed to user. Please help me how to achive this. I know that i should use split method first but after that how to check each field length?

Your inputs appreciated.

Thanks.
  • April 25, 2018
Hi,
I am rendering one field on VF page and saving a record by populating value on rendered field. When I edit that saved record that rendered field is not visible on the edit page. Can someone help me to understand what might be the reason.

Thakns.
  • April 08, 2018
Hi,

I am rendering a picklist field based on text field null or not. I want the rendered field exactly below the text field. To achieve this I am using PageblocksectionItem and Panelgrid but this is interrupting alignments. Can any one suggest other ways without interrupting the alignments.

Thanks.
  • April 08, 2018
Hi All,

I need to render a picklist field if other text field is valued. How to check if the field is valued or not? Can someone please help me this.

Thanks In Advance.
  • March 22, 2018
Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need a field to be manual entry for some set of users. In the existing functioanlty the field is Auto populate through Apex calculation. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
  • March 19, 2018
Hi All,

I have Account object and Issue(custom object). Issue object have look up relation with Account. I have a button called create Issue on Account object which is overriden by VF page. When I click on create Issue, i want to render some fields based on associated account region. so in my controller i want to check something like below.
If(Issue__c.Account__r.Region__c == 'abc') is this the correct way? I am getting the expected value. Can some one please help me with this pls?

Thanks.
  • February 02, 2018
Hi team,

I have a requirement where I have VF  page and when I choose a file to upload I need to validate file size and display error message if it is more size. After successful upload page should be redirected back to the parent object. I tried in apex and ended up with view state error. Please help to solve this
Thanks In advance.
Hello Everybody,

We have integration requirement in our project where we need to send documents (PDF,Text,Emails etc) to external system. We need to have a Button on record page, once we click on that button few validations to be performaed after that need to display pop up window to browse files from local machine. Once we browse the file, size should be validated, if size is greater than default should display a message if everything is ok then a record should be created under notes & attachements section. Can someone pleas help me till this point how do I validate all these stuff upon button click. Later I need to send the file from salesforce.

Thanks,
Gowthami.
Hi All,
I have a requirement stating when I send an email using Send Email button in Activity history and open it by clicking subject, I want to place Resend button. When I click Resend that particular mail should go again. How can we do this? please sugest me which approach i can follow.

Thanks.
  • November 21, 2018
Hi All,

Can we write SOQL inside button scripting to fetch child records. I tried something like below.
var reocrds = sforce.connection.query(here parent to child query) but it doesn't seem to be working.
Please help me know how can i do this.
 Thanks.

• October 16, 2018
Hi All,

I have a requirement where i have to fetch child records with specific name. If found i need to update check box to true on parent object.

Please help me how can i do that.

Thanks In Advance.
  • October 16, 2018
Hi All,
I have the below requirement. I have one parent and 2 childs. i want to get ids of two child records and update a field with id of child 2 on child1 and vice versa. How can i do this?

Thanks.
  • August 14, 2018
Hi Folks,

I have a requirement where one parent has 2 childs. Now I am on child1 record, here i need to have hyperlink let's say child2 and when I click the hyperlink it should take me to that child2 record page. Please suggest how to implement this.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi all,

I have a requirement in visualforce Email template. I need to conditionally display subject for Email templates based on a field value. I found the below one in some blog.
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="{!IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = 'Web','This is PG1 subject', IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = 'Other','This is PG2 subject','false') )}"  recipientType="Lead" relatedToType="Lead">

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

{!
IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = "Web","This is PG1 email"
IF(relatedTo.LeadSource = "Other","This is PG2 email ","false")
)
}

</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

</messaging:emailTemplate>
But in the subject i want to display Leasd source as well. Subject would be like "This is PG1 Email Web"/"This is PG1 Email Other".
Please help me with this requirement.

Thanks.
Hi All,

I have a requirement where the field holds comma separated values. Let's say 1234,4567,7890 like this. I want to split these values and check each value length. If length is <4 then error message should be displayed to user. Please help me how to achive this. I know that i should use split method first but after that how to check each field length?

Your inputs appreciated.

Thanks.
  • April 25, 2018