• Bayer Crop Science

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am attempting to set up logic that will run and create a Salesforce case if the current date equals either June 1st or October 1st.  I've been looking at process builder as one solution, but am struggling to find a way to set it to look at the current date instead of a relative date.  My other option I believe would be to create a custom Apex class and schedule it to run on those dates, however there is other criteria that must be met as well for these cases to be created and I'm not fluent enough with Apex enough to do this.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the best way to go about this would be?
Hello!

I have had a bit of a situation come up, and I'm hoping that someone with a higher Salforce IQ than me may be able to shed some light!

I have a workflow which runs like so: (Now()-On_Hold_Date_Time__c) where 'On Hold Date Time' is a Date/Time field that is autopopulated by a user action.  This creates a decimal numbe,  like .0034.  I had then created a second formula which took this number, multiplied it 3 times, and then output the number in a text field, this was that formula:
IF(ISBLANK(On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) , "", TEXT( FLOOR(On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) ) & " days " & TEXT( FLOOR( MOD( ( On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) * 24, 24 ) ) ) & " hours " & TEXT( ROUND( MOD( ( On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) * 24 * 60, 60 ), 0 ) ) & " minutes" )
This would output something similair to this: "2 Days 4 Hours 5 Minutes"

For some reason though the decimal output has now changed so this formula no longer works correctly and I need help figuring out what has happened.  I used to get an output of '1' for one day and .5 for 12 hours which made the math easy.  Now the output is unpredictable and does not fit into this formula.  I'm not sure what happened that would have changed it though.

​Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Hello!  I hope I am conveying this correctly, please feel free to ask me if the below is confusing!

We use ServiceMax in our org to manage cases/etc.  SM comes with it's own suite of buttons that the techs are supposed to use to change the status on their cases.  However, since the inline editting for the 'Status' feild on cases cannot be easily turned off, they were just using the inline edit instead of the SFM buttons from SM to change the status.  

I can't have them doing this however as their are triggers which activate off of the buttons, that don't activate when using inline editting.  I wrote a validation rule to stop them and display a friendly reminder to use the SFM buttons, however I need a way to make an exception to the rule when they use the SFM buttons.  Right now this is my rule:

AND($Profile.Name = 'SVMX-BR-Service User', ISCHANGED(Status))

I need to add some sort of exception so that it does let the users modify the value of the status feild if they are doing through the SFM buttons...any ideas?  Is there a way to clarify that only inline editting should be locked down?

User-added image

Thanks in advance!
Hello!

Has anyone ever heard (or done) an integration with Allen Bradley equipment?  I believe the software that the equipment uses is called Rockwell Automation, although I have also heard the name FactoryTalk thrown around a bit.  I am just starting to look into it, but figured I'd post on here first and see if anyone has any insights into if this has been one before?  Thanks in advance!
Hello,

I am tryig to hide the action column for cases on my related lists.  
example
We use ServiceMax and users are required to modify cases via the servicemax SFMs, not the default salesforce links.  I found this bit of code:
<style type="text/css">
.actionColumn {display:none; visibility:hidden}
</style>
In a different spot on the forums.  I'm not sure if this would serve my purpose however, and even if it would, I'm not sure where I would put it.  I want the change to affect ALL related lists, and I don't mind if it is applied to all users, although I would prefer it to be on a profile basis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Leah

I am attempting to create a custom formula on a report that will return either a '1' or a '2' depending on the status of a picklist.  I've never done this before, so I'm not sure how it would be done.  The goal is to then be able to use conditional formating on the chart depending on the value returned.

This is what I have so far:
IF(ISPICKVAL(SVMXC__Service_Group_Members__c.SM_PS_Technician_Status__c, 'Available'), 1,2)

However I am getting the error stating "Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Incorrect parameter type for function 'ISPICKVAL()'. Expected Picklist, received Object."

When I take the Object off of the field and run this formula:

IF(ISPICKVAL(SM_PS_Technician_Status__c, 'Available'), 1,2)

I get this error: "Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field SM_PS_Technician_Status__c does not exist. Check spelling."

Does anyone have any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a simple formula for my org that will autopopulate the case complete time when it is switched into a completed or closed status, otherwise it will put N/A in the field.  If the case is switched from completed to closed, I don't want it to update again, but if it's switched from any other value, to completed or closed, I want it to overwrite the 'N/A' and put in the closed/completed time.  

This is what I have so far, (I could be way off...) but the formula editor is giving me an error, would anyone be willing to take a look at it and let me know what I did wrong?  Thank you! 
If (AND((ISPICKVAL(Status = "Complete")||(ISPICKVAL(Status = "Closed"), ISBLANK(Complete_Date_Time) || (Complete_Date_Time = "N/A"), NOW(),
 BLANKVALUE(Complete_Date_Time, "N/A"))

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a workflow process that will send me and a few other admins an email when the number of cases for a certain location hits 7 within 7 days.  I was looking at this, and it seems to be somewhat close to what I am tring to do, but not quite.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Thank you!
Hello!  I am fairly new with Salesforce and have been doing a lot of on-the-fly-learning lately!  I have two portals that we use for my company, one for us internally with full permissions to everything, and one for all of our partners, with limited permisions.  I thought that I had the permissions set correctly, but it has been brought to my attention that when customers search for certain keywords in the partner portal it will bring back results for our equipment only.  They can't see/access any other objects, but for some reason when the do a direct search it will bring back equipment, a feild that they should not be able to access.

Any ideas how I can modify the permissions so that they are not able to do this with the search feature?

Thank you!
Hello!

I have had a bit of a situation come up, and I'm hoping that someone with a higher Salforce IQ than me may be able to shed some light!

I have a workflow which runs like so: (Now()-On_Hold_Date_Time__c) where 'On Hold Date Time' is a Date/Time field that is autopopulated by a user action.  This creates a decimal numbe,  like .0034.  I had then created a second formula which took this number, multiplied it 3 times, and then output the number in a text field, this was that formula:
IF(ISBLANK(On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) , "", TEXT( FLOOR(On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) ) & " days " & TEXT( FLOOR( MOD( ( On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) * 24, 24 ) ) ) & " hours " & TEXT( ROUND( MOD( ( On_Hold_Total_Length_n__c) * 24 * 60, 60 ), 0 ) ) & " minutes" )
This would output something similair to this: "2 Days 4 Hours 5 Minutes"

For some reason though the decimal output has now changed so this formula no longer works correctly and I need help figuring out what has happened.  I used to get an output of '1' for one day and .5 for 12 hours which made the math easy.  Now the output is unpredictable and does not fit into this formula.  I'm not sure what happened that would have changed it though.

​Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Hello!  I hope I am conveying this correctly, please feel free to ask me if the below is confusing!

We use ServiceMax in our org to manage cases/etc.  SM comes with it's own suite of buttons that the techs are supposed to use to change the status on their cases.  However, since the inline editting for the 'Status' feild on cases cannot be easily turned off, they were just using the inline edit instead of the SFM buttons from SM to change the status.  

I can't have them doing this however as their are triggers which activate off of the buttons, that don't activate when using inline editting.  I wrote a validation rule to stop them and display a friendly reminder to use the SFM buttons, however I need a way to make an exception to the rule when they use the SFM buttons.  Right now this is my rule:

AND($Profile.Name = 'SVMX-BR-Service User', ISCHANGED(Status))

I need to add some sort of exception so that it does let the users modify the value of the status feild if they are doing through the SFM buttons...any ideas?  Is there a way to clarify that only inline editting should be locked down?

User-added image

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

I am tryig to hide the action column for cases on my related lists.  
example
We use ServiceMax and users are required to modify cases via the servicemax SFMs, not the default salesforce links.  I found this bit of code:
<style type="text/css">
.actionColumn {display:none; visibility:hidden}
</style>
In a different spot on the forums.  I'm not sure if this would serve my purpose however, and even if it would, I'm not sure where I would put it.  I want the change to affect ALL related lists, and I don't mind if it is applied to all users, although I would prefer it to be on a profile basis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Leah

I am attempting to create a custom formula on a report that will return either a '1' or a '2' depending on the status of a picklist.  I've never done this before, so I'm not sure how it would be done.  The goal is to then be able to use conditional formating on the chart depending on the value returned.

This is what I have so far:
IF(ISPICKVAL(SVMXC__Service_Group_Members__c.SM_PS_Technician_Status__c, 'Available'), 1,2)

However I am getting the error stating "Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Incorrect parameter type for function 'ISPICKVAL()'. Expected Picklist, received Object."

When I take the Object off of the field and run this formula:

IF(ISPICKVAL(SM_PS_Technician_Status__c, 'Available'), 1,2)

I get this error: "Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field SM_PS_Technician_Status__c does not exist. Check spelling."

Does anyone have any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a simple formula for my org that will autopopulate the case complete time when it is switched into a completed or closed status, otherwise it will put N/A in the field.  If the case is switched from completed to closed, I don't want it to update again, but if it's switched from any other value, to completed or closed, I want it to overwrite the 'N/A' and put in the closed/completed time.  

This is what I have so far, (I could be way off...) but the formula editor is giving me an error, would anyone be willing to take a look at it and let me know what I did wrong?  Thank you! 
If (AND((ISPICKVAL(Status = "Complete")||(ISPICKVAL(Status = "Closed"), ISBLANK(Complete_Date_Time) || (Complete_Date_Time = "N/A"), NOW(),
 BLANKVALUE(Complete_Date_Time, "N/A"))

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a workflow process that will send me and a few other admins an email when the number of cases for a certain location hits 7 within 7 days.  I was looking at this, and it seems to be somewhat close to what I am tring to do, but not quite.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Thank you!