• 59 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm working for an ISV. We have this problem that everytime we install our managed package to our new customers, we have to set up the custom user profile, OWD and sharing rules manually. I wonder if anyone knows a way to automate this process? 
Not sure if anyone know a tool that can help with this? I'm working at an ISV and we have an admin account setup in each of our customers' orgs. The problem is that we have 30+ customer and every quarter we are required to change our passwords as per salesforce password policy. Does anyone know if there is any password management software that can change the password of our admin accounts all at once, instead of having to log into each of our customer's org and change the password one by one. This is very manual process and often takes up to 3 hours to complete. I'm looking for a better way to do this...

I am a newbie salesforce develoepr working for a ISV and we support multiple customers. The chanllenge I have right now is that some customers have certain custom fields while others don't have the fields. 

Does anyone here know how I can build a visualforce page so that the field name is not hard-coded in my visualforce page. Instead I want to be able to specify the field names that I want to display in a text file, so that the fields that are displayed in my visualforce page are adjustable for each customers. 

I am stuck on this for a while now. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!  
I am trying to update a task from a visualforce page that I made but kept getting this error below: 

"Value 'Mon Sep 30 00:00:00 GMT 2013' cannot be converted from Text to com.force.swag.soap.DateOnlyWrapper."

Anyone knows how to solve it?
Does anyone has sample code to show how to sort a generic sObject List by a field?
Going through the Trailhead tutorial on SOSL search query and is wondering why the searchList variable is a List within a List. Can't we just use <List<sObject> searchList instead of List<List<sObject>> searchList ? Anyone here can kindly explain?

List<List<sObject>> searchList = [FIND 'Wingo OR SFDC' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Account(Name),Contact(FirstName,LastName,Department)];

I'm working for an ISV. We have this problem that everytime we install our managed package to our new customers, we have to set up the custom user profile, OWD and sharing rules manually. I wonder if anyone knows a way to automate this process? 
Flow doesnt work in my Chrome browser.  Any way to correct this?
Not sure if anyone know a tool that can help with this? I'm working at an ISV and we have an admin account setup in each of our customers' orgs. The problem is that we have 30+ customer and every quarter we are required to change our passwords as per salesforce password policy. Does anyone know if there is any password management software that can change the password of our admin accounts all at once, instead of having to log into each of our customer's org and change the password one by one. This is very manual process and often takes up to 3 hours to complete. I'm looking for a better way to do this...

Experts, I am generating a report using conga composer manually on daily basis. It is giving the report in .pdf format. Is there any way to automate the process ? I want to store the .pdf report in my computers.

Thanks,
Ram
I am a newbie salesforce develoepr working for a ISV and we support multiple customers. The chanllenge I have right now is that some customers have certain custom fields while others don't have the fields. 

Does anyone here know how I can build a visualforce page so that the field name is not hard-coded in my visualforce page. Instead I want to be able to specify the field names that I want to display in a text file, so that the fields that are displayed in my visualforce page are adjustable for each customers. 

I am stuck on this for a while now. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!  
I have a requirement to get the data from SFDC. I am looking to get the data of about 37 different objects and dump that into HDFS. The objects of interest are  

Account
Activity
Address
Case
Central Office
Contact
Custom Event
Customer
Drop Permission
Drop Permission Territory
Drop Permission Walklist
Drop Placement Order
Event
Event Address
FSA
ICI Code
Knock
Leads
MDU
Network
Opportunity
Order Product
Pricing Rules
Product
Project
Project Name
RecordType
ROE Opportunity
Special Event
Special Event Assignment
Store Code
Tasks
T1 Member
TELUS Product
Users
Vendor Group
Vendor Sales Rep
Work Orders

Which approach is better BULK REST API v/s OPEN  REST API?
What necessary steps I need to do for that? aka I need to know the Key, connectivity string , parameters etc
Does anyone has sample code to show how to sort a generic sObject List by a field?
I'd like to see the Challenge questions for the Summer Release module that I've just completed, so I can prepare for the release exam.  How can I find these?
I was working on the Getting Started with Apex Triggers and my code doesn't seem to be working, could someone please, help me find the error. I have stared at it for awhile and can't seem to figure out where my mistake is, any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {
    for (Account a : [SELECT BillingPostalCode, ShippingPostalCode FROM Account WHERE BillingPostalCode != null AND Match_Billing_Address__c = TRUE AND Id IN :Trigger.New]) {
        a.ShippingPostalCode = a.BillingPostalCode;
    }
}

And my error is: Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Setting 'Match_Billing_Address__c' to true did not update the records as expected.

Hello All, I'm having an issue with the Using Formula Field Challenge . I'm using the formula that Vivek provided to a solved question yesterday " TODAY()  -    DATEVALUE(LastModifiedDate) " but its been met with this error below when its been checked by the challenge " 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today

Can anyone assist???
Trailhead Module 3:  Create a formula field that determines the number of days between today and the last activity date for a case's account.
Your support team has asked for improved visibility on account activity level at the time they’re helping with customer issues. Specifically, when they’re looking at a case, they’d like to see an at-a-glance view of the number of days since the case’s related account was last active. Create the formula using these requirements.The formula should be on the Case object.
The formula should be of return type Number.
The formula should be named 'Days Since Last Update' and have a resulting API Name of 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c'.
The formula should return the number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today.

I created the following:

I created a new custom formula field with return type number and called Days Since Last Update.
I created this formula: Account.LastActivityDate - TODAY()

I get this error message:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today

Can you please assist what I did wrong?  I'm not sure if my formula is even correct with the challenge.  Please help!

Thank you.
Please help!  I am stuck on creating flows.  Can't seem to work.  I keep on re-doing my work and not sure if I am doing it right.  The challlenge as follows:

To pass this challenge you will need to create a flow that implements the business process of Account, Contact, and Opportunity data entry and place it on a Visualforce page.The Flow will need to be called 'New Customer Flow'.
The Flow should have a screen with fields for First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Opportunity Amount, and Opportunity Stage.
The Flow needs to have steps to create an account, a contact, and an opportunity from the data entered.
Opportunity name, close date and stage are required fields. Name the Opportunity '{Company Name} - {Last Name}', set the close date to one month from today and set the stage to 'Prospecting'.
The Flow should be invoked from a Visualforce page.
The Visualforce page should be called FlowPage.
The Visualforce page will need a component to reference the 'New Customer Flow' process.

If possible, if you can provide a snapshot.

Thank you.
public class StringArrayTest{
    public static List<String> generateStringArray(Integer n){
    List<String> lstString = new List<String>();
     for(Integer i=0; i<n;i++){
         lstString.add('\'Test '+i + '\'');        
     }
        System.debug('__________'+lstString);
        return lstString;
    }   
}