• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to retrieve records from MONGO DB and show it in salesforce using REST API?

Is it possible to insert records to Mongo db from Salesforce using REST ?

if Possible,Any Code Samples Please?

Thanks,
Ravi Narayanan

Hi All,

We have a requirement to integrate UPS with Salesforce.com. The requirement is to automate below two processes:

1.  to send the information of confirming shipment and get the shipping label from UPS

2.  to have the tracking information updated in SF from UPS

I have researched on it and found below points:

1. The WSDL provided by UPS cannot be directly consumed in SF.com, it throws an error 'Found schema import from location UPSSecurity.xsd. External schema import not supported'.
  2. I am also in touch with UPS to confirm if we can integrate it using HTTP request/response. For it I’ll require their webservice URL on which I can POST data using HTTP callout and get response back in XML. BUT before proceeding in that, I would like to confirm that Can we make HTTP callouts from a trigger or scheduled APEX? As our requirement is to automate the shipping so most probably we’ll be doing HTTP callouts from a trigger (calling Future class) or may be batch Apex. I found the below post on discussion boards related to it which states that there can be some issues:

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Scheduled-Apex-and-HTTP-Callouts/td-p/177792

3. There are some applications on AppExchange like ExactShip (ShipCRM) but those don’t meet the requirements as they are manually driven.

4. There are some third-party products like AIVEA (eShip), who provide webservices to integrate with UPS but their WSDL could not be consumed too (Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unable to find schema for element; {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}schema. None of their clients have earlier integrated their webservices with SF.com. I am working on integrating their webservices using HTTP request/response but would like to get any detailed documentation on HTTPS callouts (to pass parameters to webservice and parse the XML response). Kindly let me know where I can find details about it.

It would be really great if I can get any help on this.

Thanks !

• April 28, 2010