• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am trying to use the following syntax in an email template.....

{!if(Account.Parent="",Opportunity.Account,Account.Parent)} 

.....What this says in english is "If Parent Account Name is empty, replace Parent Account Name with Opportunity Account Name"......

However, when this statement is activated (i.e. the Parent Account is empty) it is replaced with the Opportunity AccountID ??

When I remove the IF statement and simply use {!Opportunity.Account} the Account Name is presented...

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I am setting up an email template which I will distibute to colleagues and customers.  In some cases my colleagues have been entered into the system in upper case e.g JOHN SMITH which means that when I start the email with...

"Hi {!Contact.FirstName}" it is returning "Hi JOHN".  What I would like it to do is display as "Hi John".

I am not an administrator of the system so I would like to force the test into the correct case rather than edit the data at source.

Any ideas?
Hi,

I am setting up an email template which I will distibute to colleagues and customers.  In some cases my colleagues have been entered into the system in upper case e.g JOHN SMITH which means that when I start the email with...

"Hi {!Contact.FirstName}" it is returning "Hi JOHN".  What I would like it to do is display as "Hi John".

I am not an administrator of the system so I would like to force the test into the correct case rather than edit the data at source.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I am trying to use the following syntax in an email template.....

{!if(Account.Parent="",Opportunity.Account,Account.Parent)} 

.....What this says in english is "If Parent Account Name is empty, replace Parent Account Name with Opportunity Account Name"......

However, when this statement is activated (i.e. the Parent Account is empty) it is replaced with the Opportunity AccountID ??

When I remove the IF statement and simply use {!Opportunity.Account} the Account Name is presented...

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance