• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Greetings!

There is a part of a custom "Certification" app that I need to rethink, and I wonder if you can help me. One of the reasons for moving our certification of export documents into SF is so that we can track usage of our custom labels affixed to export documents, which each have a unique number. Keeping track of these through an automated system will make everyone much happier, so this drove our decision to move the entire process into SF. Today is launch day, and so far, it’s working, with one new issue to consider.  We're using the PE edition.

When a certification officer receives a client, the client may bring in 50-100 documents to certify at one time. Each document requires a unique label, which is affixed to the document, and recorded by the officer. All labels are in numerical order, and are 7 digits in length. Each office around the country (NY, DC, TX, CA) has their own range of numbers given to them. When those labels are done, they receive a new batch of labels, so the sequence of numbers will change every few months as a new batch is started.

If an officer receives 50-100 documents at one time, right now that means she or he will be entering 50-100 line items of documents in the custom object "Certification Document," which appears as a related list after a "Certification Invoice" (also custom object) has been started and saved once. Each line item on the Certification Document will be identical except for the label #, which should progress up one number from the label before it.

Is there some way, in process builder or workflow automation, to make this easier for our officers? For example, if the officers put in the first label #, and put in “50” for the # of documents, could 49 more line items of records be generated, with everything else the same except for the label #, which would progress up 1 value for each one?

Looking forward to your thoughts!
I asked this question for a prevous topic, but forgot to change the topic to be relevant to the questions (still new at this); sorry about that!

Using SF Professional Edition, would anyone know about to:

1) Create, on a custom object (Certification Invoice) page layout, a Related List section called Certification History, that lists all previous invoices for the custom field Exporter Company, if that field is filled in, or for the custom field Third Party Company, if the Exporter Company field is not filled in (either Third Party Company or Exporter Company will be filled in for every invoice; sometimes both will be filled in, but the Exporter Company information would be the priority for looking at Certification History).

2) Pull out the $ amount of the custom field Remaining Value (formula field) from the most recent invoice for the company listed in 1); and

3) Insert the value of 2) into my current invoice, into the custom field Previous Balance.

Here's what I've done so far, and there are 3 questions at the end of this rather lengthy description for anyone willing to take a look at this (I am learning that you developers like details!):

I have a custom app called Certification.

I have the following custom objects in the Certification app called:

- Certification Document - this brings in line items for the Certification Invoice object, showing # of documents, document destination, and subtotal for each set of documents going to the same destination.

- Certification Invoice - This is the main input form for our certification officers, and records all details necessary to process the certifying of commercial or legal documents, including payment details.

- Certification Receipt - This is as yet undefined, but I would like this to reflect many of the fields in the Certification Invoice, and it would be automatically filled in from the Certification Invoice when a custom button called Certify is clicked.

- Certification Type - This defines two types of documents for certification, either Commercial Documents or Legal Documents, and their price.

Here is how the Certification Invoice currently looks:
Certification Invoice
Within the object Certification Invoice I have two choices for companies/accounts: Exporter Company, or Third Party Company.  Both have lookup relationships to Accounts.  I created formula fields ("Company (Exporter)" and "Company (3rd party)" so that the lookup value of Exporter Company the Third Party Company would be a text result rather than a lookup value.

I then went into the custom Previous Invoice field, which has a lookup relationship with Certification Invoice.  Then I set up lookup filters to only look for previous invoices that matched either the name of the Exporter Company on the current Certification Invoice, or the name of the Third Party Company on the current Certification Invoice, with the default being the Exporter Company name if that was filled in.  In addition, the Certification Date+Time stamp of the current Certification Invoice must be greater than the Certification Date+Time stamp of the Previous Invoices.  That looks like this:
Previous Invoice lookup filters

This leaves me with a lookup list of invoices for the Exporter Company or 3rd Party Company ONLY, and once I pick which one from the list is the most current one, the Remaining Balance value from that Previous Invoice drops into the Previous Balance field of the current Certification Invoice.

QUESTION 1: My lookup filters have narrowed down the field considerably, but I'd still like to have the Previous Invoice specify not ALL of the previous invoices for the current Exporter Company or 3rd Party Company, but the most current one ONLY.  I've changed the Certification Invoice # to be a straight auto-generated #, and the Certification Date+Time stamp is also auto-generated.  How could I add another lookup filter that would do this?  Or is there another way?

QUESTION 2: How can I track the history of invoices for a particular company and put this information on this Certification Invoice page layout, specific to the Export Company or Third Party Company listed on this invoice?

QUESTION 3: Could certification history for the current invoice company be listed in the standard Related List called Certification Invoices?  If so, how would I set that up?  I've set up columns with relevant fields in the Related List section for Certification Invoices, but I don't know how to relate these fields to the previous invoice data.  Here's how it currently looks:
Related Lists: Cert. History
Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to share!

Best,

Cynthia
I'm looking to recreate, in Salesforce, a form that some of our officers use for processing payments.  The part of the form called "Amount Due" requires several formulas, which I'm not sure how to create.  As I'm new to Salesforce and creating formulas, any help would be appreciated!

The form looks like this, with the items in bold (Previous Balance, Credit,Total Due, and Remaining Balance) representing what I need to figure out formulas for:

Subtotal: (Greg Rohman helped me with this, and is an amount calculated, in US dollars, by multiplying # of documents by price per document)

Delivery Charges: (This is a flat fee and is therefore a picklist for either 0 or $15)

Previous Balance: (= Remaining Balance, if positive, from the last time this company did business with us)

Credit: (= Remaining Balance, if negative, from the last time this company did business with us)

Total Due: (= Subtotal + Delivery Charges + Previous Balance - Credit)

Total Paid: (This is manually enterered by our officers, in dollars)

Remaining Balance: (= Total Due - Total Paid; if positive, this becomes the new Previous Balance for the company on their next invoice; if negative, this becomes the new credit for the company on their next invoice)

Would you have any ideas about how to do this?
I want to subtotal the number of documents on an invoice with the price per document, with the price being variable and in a picklist.  My simple mind thinks this simple formula would work:

Number_of_Documents__c * Document_Price__c

However, it seems that Salesforce can't compute formula this when one of the items is in picklist form.

First, why can Salesforce not compute such a simple formula when one of the values is from a picklist?

Second, what do I need to add to make this work?

The Number_of_Documents__c custom field is a number field.

The Document_Price__c is a picklist of numbers: 35, 25, 15, etc.

Finally, how do I express the Subtotal as a value in US dollars?
I created a web-to-lead form & embedded the code in my website. The form looks correct in edit mode on my page, but once published, the field names disappear, so I can't test it (since I can't see what blank line relates to which field). I'd also like to match the font in the form to the font in the website, set up a validation rules that requires a match between "Email" and "Confirm Email."  On the wish list is creating two columns for information in the form that is short, so the whole form is not so long.  I added an extra line break to have more space between lines, and spaces after field names so that the names are butting up against the blank line.  In some cases I added a colon after the field name when missing.  All of these little "extras" did not change the fact that the form doesn't show up properly once publishes.  I published first with no changes, code exactly as it was generated from Salesforce, and then with changes.  No difference.  Can you help me?

Adding the entire code for this form makes this question longer than the maximum 32,000 characters.  What would be useful to post with this question if I can't include the entire code?
I'm looking to recreate, in Salesforce, a form that some of our officers use for processing payments.  The part of the form called "Amount Due" requires several formulas, which I'm not sure how to create.  As I'm new to Salesforce and creating formulas, any help would be appreciated!

The form looks like this, with the items in bold (Previous Balance, Credit,Total Due, and Remaining Balance) representing what I need to figure out formulas for:

Subtotal: (Greg Rohman helped me with this, and is an amount calculated, in US dollars, by multiplying # of documents by price per document)

Delivery Charges: (This is a flat fee and is therefore a picklist for either 0 or $15)

Previous Balance: (= Remaining Balance, if positive, from the last time this company did business with us)

Credit: (= Remaining Balance, if negative, from the last time this company did business with us)

Total Due: (= Subtotal + Delivery Charges + Previous Balance - Credit)

Total Paid: (This is manually enterered by our officers, in dollars)

Remaining Balance: (= Total Due - Total Paid; if positive, this becomes the new Previous Balance for the company on their next invoice; if negative, this becomes the new credit for the company on their next invoice)

Would you have any ideas about how to do this?
I want to subtotal the number of documents on an invoice with the price per document, with the price being variable and in a picklist.  My simple mind thinks this simple formula would work:

Number_of_Documents__c * Document_Price__c

However, it seems that Salesforce can't compute formula this when one of the items is in picklist form.

First, why can Salesforce not compute such a simple formula when one of the values is from a picklist?

Second, what do I need to add to make this work?

The Number_of_Documents__c custom field is a number field.

The Document_Price__c is a picklist of numbers: 35, 25, 15, etc.

Finally, how do I express the Subtotal as a value in US dollars?
I created a web-to-lead form & embedded the code in my website. The form looks correct in edit mode on my page, but once published, the field names disappear, so I can't test it (since I can't see what blank line relates to which field). I'd also like to match the font in the form to the font in the website, set up a validation rules that requires a match between "Email" and "Confirm Email."  On the wish list is creating two columns for information in the form that is short, so the whole form is not so long.  I added an extra line break to have more space between lines, and spaces after field names so that the names are butting up against the blank line.  In some cases I added a colon after the field name when missing.  All of these little "extras" did not change the fact that the form doesn't show up properly once publishes.  I published first with no changes, code exactly as it was generated from Salesforce, and then with changes.  No difference.  Can you help me?

Adding the entire code for this form makes this question longer than the maximum 32,000 characters.  What would be useful to post with this question if I can't include the entire code?