• 10 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
What im trying to do: I have a custom field called "Total Potential Contract Amount". This field is a formula field which is driven by the sum of the all the Manual FYXX Revenue fields (which by their name are manually entered). I am trying to get the Amount field (which is native to Salesforce) to be automatically updated by the Total Potential Contract Amount Field any time the TPCA value changes or is updated. 

What I currently have implemented (but is not working properly): 
  • A work flow rule that will auto-update the Amount field with the "Total Potential Contract Amount" value based on the following criteria:
    • Rule Criteria: (Opportunity: Opportunity NameNOT EQUAL TOnull) 
  • The Immediate Workflow actions are driven by a field update indicating the following detail:
    • Name: Auto-Update Amount with Total Potential  
    • Unique Name: Auto_Update_Amount_with_Total_Potential  
    • Description: This filed update will auto-update the "Amount" (hidden) field with the manually entered "Total Potential Contract Value"
    • Object: Opportunity  
    • Field to Update: Opportunity: Amount
    • Field Data Type: Currency
    • Formula Value: Total_Contract_Amount__c
  • The rules using this field update are as follows (same as above):
    • Evaluate the rule when a record is: created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria
    • And when the following criteria are met:
      • Opportunity: Opportunity Name not equal to "blank" - as this is a required field to create an opportunity
I dont think that having that criteria is adequate to update a field from a custom field. I am thinking an Apex trigger might be a better solution? Have the TPCA field update the Amount field any time the TPCA is changed or updated by a SF user. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

What im trying to do: I have a custom field called "Total Potential Contract Amount". This field is a formula field which is driven by the sum of the all the Manual FYXX Revenue fields (which by their name are manually entered). I am trying to get the Amount field (which is native to Salesforce) to be automatically updated by the Total Potential Contract Amount Field any time the TPCA value changes or is updated. 

What I currently have implemented (but is not working properly): 
  • A work flow rule that will auto-update the Amount field with the "Total Potential Contract Amount" value based on the following criteria:
    • Rule Criteria: (Opportunity: Opportunity NameNOT EQUAL TOnull) 
  • The Immediate Workflow actions are driven by a field update indicating the following detail:
    • Name: Auto-Update Amount with Total Potential  
    • Unique Name: Auto_Update_Amount_with_Total_Potential  
    • Description: This filed update will auto-update the "Amount" (hidden) field with the manually entered "Total Potential Contract Value"
    • Object: Opportunity  
    • Field to Update: Opportunity: Amount
    • Field Data Type: Currency
    • Formula Value: Total_Contract_Amount__c
  • The rules using this field update are as follows (same as above):
    • Evaluate the rule when a record is: created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria
    • And when the following criteria are met:
      • Opportunity: Opportunity Name not equal to "blank" - as this is a required field to create an opportunity
I dont think that having that criteria is adequate to update a field from a custom field. I am thinking an Apex trigger might be a better solution? Have the TPCA field update the Amount field any time the TPCA is changed or updated by a SF user. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!