• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All!
I am trying to create an attachment using microsoft flow builder. I have a flow builder that triggers on a form submit. Once triggered, the flow creates an opportunity in Salesforce and then passes the Record ID to the next step which is creating an attachment and using the Record ID from the previous step as the Parent ID. Everything works correctly except that I am unable to download the PDF from the attachment. I am trying to pass a URL in the body of the attachment. It is converted to Base64 when submitted to Salesforce as required. When I paste the URL into google chrome it automatically downloads a PDF. However when I try and open the attachment I receive the following message, Failed to load PDF. Can someone let me know if what I am trying to do is possible or if it is not possible to pass a URL and have Salesforce download it as PDF.

Thank You for any help. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. I have tried to open a ticket with Salesforce but they were unable to help me. 

Here is the code snippet from the image below.
{
"Name": "test.pdf",
"Body": "aHR0cHM6Ly9zZXJ2aWNlcy5jb2duaXRvZm9ybXMuY29tL2QvVlVMMS1LQ0l1VW11bkpGNWllc0xrZz9jb2RlPVZxdHdpWlNYNE5hcGdPT1daR1VjQWZ4bzB6NjdtSFpKYlUzb09RcUJzMm8k",
"ParentId": "a0N1L00000ZrcFEUAZ",
"ContentType": "application/pdf"
}

The body decoded from base 64 is: 
https://services.cognitoforms.com/d/VUL1-KCIuUmunJF5iesLkg?code=VqtwiZSX4NapgOOWZGUcAfxo0z67mHZJbU3oOQqBs2o$

User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

I am trying to create a SOAP that when a record is created it will send certain fields of that record to an external system. I have the XML schema for the other system, but I am very lost on how SOAP works and how to accomplish this? Can someone please explain to me how I should even begin to start this process. I have seen lots of documentation on how to create a SOAP that will update salesforce but I only need to update the external system. I know external messages based on a workflow would accomplish a similar result but I have to be able to pass login information and that is not possible with extermal messages. 

Thanks for any help.

We currently use opportunities (renamed service contracts) to record our customers and the Gas contract that they have agreed to with us. However, when a different vendor submits a new contract for that same customer we create a new service contract. We want a way to have any service contract with the same phone number show in a related list view on each service contract. Additionally, we are beginning to sell a new product and have created a new object. (Electric Service Contracts) We want these customers who have the same phone numbers to show up in another related list view section on the service contract and vice versa on the electric service contract. So that both the gas service contracts and electric service contracts will have gas and electric contracts with the same phone numbers listed in two separate sections on each. Salesforce has recommended creating a trigger to accomplish this but I am a little lost on exactly what I need to do from here. I can link them together using a lookup field but this allows me to only link one account. Any assistance in much appreciated! -Update: I have since talked to Salesforce and they have informed that it is not possible to link Parent to Parent. 
Hello All!
I am trying to create an attachment using microsoft flow builder. I have a flow builder that triggers on a form submit. Once triggered, the flow creates an opportunity in Salesforce and then passes the Record ID to the next step which is creating an attachment and using the Record ID from the previous step as the Parent ID. Everything works correctly except that I am unable to download the PDF from the attachment. I am trying to pass a URL in the body of the attachment. It is converted to Base64 when submitted to Salesforce as required. When I paste the URL into google chrome it automatically downloads a PDF. However when I try and open the attachment I receive the following message, Failed to load PDF. Can someone let me know if what I am trying to do is possible or if it is not possible to pass a URL and have Salesforce download it as PDF.

Thank You for any help. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. I have tried to open a ticket with Salesforce but they were unable to help me. 

Here is the code snippet from the image below.
{
"Name": "test.pdf",
"Body": "aHR0cHM6Ly9zZXJ2aWNlcy5jb2duaXRvZm9ybXMuY29tL2QvVlVMMS1LQ0l1VW11bkpGNWllc0xrZz9jb2RlPVZxdHdpWlNYNE5hcGdPT1daR1VjQWZ4bzB6NjdtSFpKYlUzb09RcUJzMm8k",
"ParentId": "a0N1L00000ZrcFEUAZ",
"ContentType": "application/pdf"
}

The body decoded from base 64 is: 
https://services.cognitoforms.com/d/VUL1-KCIuUmunJF5iesLkg?code=VqtwiZSX4NapgOOWZGUcAfxo0z67mHZJbU3oOQqBs2o$

User-added image

User-added image
User-added image

User-added image
We currently use opportunities (renamed service contracts) to record our customers and the Gas contract that they have agreed to with us. However, when a different vendor submits a new contract for that same customer we create a new service contract. We want a way to have any service contract with the same phone number show in a related list view on each service contract. Additionally, we are beginning to sell a new product and have created a new object. (Electric Service Contracts) We want these customers who have the same phone numbers to show up in another related list view section on the service contract and vice versa on the electric service contract. So that both the gas service contracts and electric service contracts will have gas and electric contracts with the same phone numbers listed in two separate sections on each. Salesforce has recommended creating a trigger to accomplish this but I am a little lost on exactly what I need to do from here. I can link them together using a lookup field but this allows me to only link one account. Any assistance in much appreciated! -Update: I have since talked to Salesforce and they have informed that it is not possible to link Parent to Parent.