• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a field to populate correctly in my template.  I must use a Custom template (I'm left justifying the entire email, not centered email like SFDC does OOB.  I'm also making the email appear widescreeen like normal emails does.  I've already figured all of that part out.).  So this means I need to create my template via actual HTML code, not the WYSIWYG interface SFDC provides in the HTML email template editor.  

I'm simply trying to have the first name of the contact come up, so I can send out "personalized" emails to a broad group of people.  My current code looks like this:  </font><p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="color: black;"><font face="Arial, sans-serif">Hi {!Contact.FirstName},</font></span></p><font face="Arial, sans-serif">

When I test the email, it looks great, OTHER than coming up "Hi {!Contact.FirstName},".  My goal is to have it come up "Hi Bob," (Bob being replaced by whatever name is in the contact record I'm sending to).   My question: what specifically do I need to change in that line of code to have it pull the contact name from the SFDC record?  How do I get the merge to work? 

Thanks!!