• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am currently trying to automate our loan process at work within Salesforce.
We use two seperate objects to manage loans and loan assets - Contract Loans (manages the actual loan) and Contract Loan Assets (manages the assets themselves).
One of the fields within the Contract Loan object is "Loan Status", which is a picklist field, consisting of the following options:
  • New
  • Pending Approval
  • Approved
  • Rejected
  • Closed
As you can probably assume from the options, this object (Contract Loan) utilises the approvals process.
When a loan is created, it's loan status is automatically set to "New", whilst the loan owner makes any changes to the record prior to submitting it for approval.
At this point, I want the loan asset (which is a related object to the contract loan), which also has a "status" field, to set the asset status to "pending approval" so that it no longer shows in the asset view for our support staff, so that they don't request loan assets that already have contract loan's open/open pending approval.
In an attempt to make this work, within the approval process, I set one of the initial actions to change the contract loan status field to Pending Approval once submitted for approval, which works.
I then thought to use process builder to make the second part happen, i.e. update the loan asset to say "pending approval" also, which worked.

After I got the first part working, I thought I'd try and make it so that when the loan itself is approved, the loan asset changes to "on loan", again using process builder, but at this point, it stopped working and wouldn't update the contract loan asset object further than pending approval, which I don't understand.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Hello,

I am currently trying to automate our loan process at work within Salesforce.
We use two seperate objects to manage loans and loan assets - Contract Loans (manages the actual loan) and Contract Loan Assets (manages the assets themselves).
One of the fields within the Contract Loan object is "Loan Status", which is a picklist field, consisting of the following options:
  • New
  • Pending Approval
  • Approved
  • Rejected
  • Closed
As you can probably assume from the options, this object (Contract Loan) utilises the approvals process.
When a loan is created, it's loan status is automatically set to "New", whilst the loan owner makes any changes to the record prior to submitting it for approval.
At this point, I want the loan asset (which is a related object to the contract loan), which also has a "status" field, to set the asset status to "pending approval" so that it no longer shows in the asset view for our support staff, so that they don't request loan assets that already have contract loan's open/open pending approval.
In an attempt to make this work, within the approval process, I set one of the initial actions to change the contract loan status field to Pending Approval once submitted for approval, which works.
I then thought to use process builder to make the second part happen, i.e. update the loan asset to say "pending approval" also, which worked.

After I got the first part working, I thought I'd try and make it so that when the loan itself is approved, the loan asset changes to "on loan", again using process builder, but at this point, it stopped working and wouldn't update the contract loan asset object further than pending approval, which I don't understand.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!