• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a Custom Auth Provider by creating a class that implements Auth.AuthProviderPlugin. I just copied the example shown in the documentation for the API 38, the one I am using, and I tried following the guide at https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sso_provider_plugin_custom.htm&language=en_US&type=0 . 

Unfortunately, when I was creating the Auth Provider in SalesForce, I received the following error:

'Custom Metadata Type is either invalid or null . Check the returned type for getCustomMetadataType() method'
I have tried using different kinds of return values ('CustomSSO__mdt', 'CustomSSO'...) for getCustomMetadataType() and I have checked thoroughly that the Custom Metadata Type exists and the API Name is the one used in getCustomMetadataType().

I have ended up with just this code as the provider plugin, trying to remove as much as I could from the given example, ending up just with the basic skeleton for the plugin:

global class CustomSSOProviderPlugin implements Auth.AuthProviderPlugin {  

global String getCustomMetadataType() {
                   return 'CustomSSO__mdt';
               }

global PageReference initiate(Map<string,string> authProviderConfiguration, String stateToPropagate) {
                   return null;
                }

global Auth.AuthProviderTokenResponse handleCallback(Map<string,string> authProviderConfiguration, Auth.AuthProviderCallbackState state ) {
                   return null;
                }

global Auth.UserData  getUserInfo(Map<string,string> authProviderConfiguration, Auth.AuthProviderTokenResponse response) { 
					return null;             
                 }

global String getTokenValueFromResponse(String response, String token, String ns) {
					return null;
                }  

}
I'm pretty sure that I've followed the guide on the SalesForce docs properly, but I can't get past this one error.

User-added image

If anyone has any idea of how can this solved, help would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!