• Member since 2016
  • Product Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a validation rule on account object inside our managed package which checks the validity of custom field value from the same managed package.
After installing this managed package, the above validation rule works fine until the package license gets expired. If the package license is expired then it shows the error,
Field [FieldId] is inaccessible
on account detail page on updating/deleting account record.

Ideally, a validation rule inside managed package should not execute if package license is expired (Like apex trigger don't run if package expires).
Any idea about this error or behavior?
Hi,

We are using sforce.one js object for navigating custom VF page in Lightning mode. We have added custom VF page on record page from where navigation takes place to different custom VF pages using sforce.one. The navigation works seamlessly. But on nth level page (n > 1) if we click browser's reload button it loads the first page which has been navigated using sforce.one.

For e.g. From record page first we navigate to 'P1' page using sforce.one. Then from 'P1' page we navigate to 'P2' page using sforce.one. Then on 'P2', If we reload the page then it loads 'P1'.

I have checked in chrome (V-56.0.2924.87), Firefox (V-52.0.2).

Please can anyone help me? Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Yogesh Shete 
Hi,
We are using standard Salesforce action ($Action.Opportunity.New) on custom VF page for Opportunity creation. It works fine in Classic mode but not in Lightning mode. In Lightning mode it shows record type selection. It allows to select avaialble record type. On clicking continue it shows record creation popup, but inside popup it always shows page layout assigned for master record type. Then on clicking save button it shows 'Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user:'. 

Please, can anyone help me?
Hi,

I am writing a trigger handler class for trigger in apex. But I am confused, whether to use 'With Sharing' or 'Without Sharing' keyword on handler class? In apex, trigger runs in system context so trigger handler should run in system context. So to run trigger handler in system context 'Without Sharing' keyword must be used on it. But almost all places, I have seen that 'with sharing' keyword gets used on trigger handler class.

Would anyone help me? Please.
We have a validation rule on account object inside our managed package which checks the validity of custom field value from the same managed package.
After installing this managed package, the above validation rule works fine until the package license gets expired. If the package license is expired then it shows the error,
Field [FieldId] is inaccessible
on account detail page on updating/deleting account record.

Ideally, a validation rule inside managed package should not execute if package license is expired (Like apex trigger don't run if package expires).
Any idea about this error or behavior?
I have a VF page which contains a output link and passing some values as query string to another VF page.  
I am using the same vf pages in lightning experience but the problem i am facing is i am not getting Query string values, when i  switcehd to lightning experice. how can I get VF page query strings if i am in lightning experience.  
  • March 28, 2017
Hi folks,

Does any one know if it's possible to set parent id parameter in e.force:createRecord event in Lightning Component or any workaround for this?

I have two custom objects in a master (Project)-detail (Task) relationship. I want to override the OOTB New button on the Tasks related list. When I click a custom Quick Action button from the Project page to create a new Task, I do some validation first and then if success I'd like to forward the user to the create new Task page with the parent field for Project to be populated like it works with the out of the box New button on the related list. Because the parent id is not being passed, when the new Task form gets loaded, the parent field appears open in the search mode and the user has to select the parent record which is very inconvenient. 

Would anyone have a suggestion? Thankyou in advance
  • March 28, 2017
Hi,
We are using standard Salesforce action ($Action.Opportunity.New) on custom VF page for Opportunity creation. It works fine in Classic mode but not in Lightning mode. In Lightning mode it shows record type selection. It allows to select avaialble record type. On clicking continue it shows record creation popup, but inside popup it always shows page layout assigned for master record type. Then on clicking save button it shows 'Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user:'. 

Please, can anyone help me?
Here's my business case: we have a few VisualForce pages that we use in Classic to override the Tab View. When we migrate to Lightning Experience, these Tab View VF pages will no longer be necessary. However, during the transition period, we need users in Classic who navigate to the tab to see the custom VF page, while users in LEX who navigate to the same tab to see the standard Lightning tab view.

There are a few methods I'm aware of to detect which UI theme a user is currently in. My first thought was to use the JavaScript Lightning navigation methods to force the user to navigate to the standard tab view UI, but the current navigation options feel lacking. Closest thing I see is navigateToList(​) but that requires you to specify a ListView. I'd prefer it to be ListView agnostic as we have to roll this out to many tab across many clients.

Is there another way to do this? Maybe hack the URL of the default lightning tab view and force a redirect to that URL? (Yuck, that seems worse than the solution above as I type that out and read it back)
Hi,

I am writing a trigger handler class for trigger in apex. But I am confused, whether to use 'With Sharing' or 'Without Sharing' keyword on handler class? In apex, trigger runs in system context so trigger handler should run in system context. So to run trigger handler in system context 'Without Sharing' keyword must be used on it. But almost all places, I have seen that 'with sharing' keyword gets used on trigger handler class.

Would anyone help me? Please.