• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm new to Salesforce, so forgive me if I get the terminology wrong, but I'll try to explain this as detailed as possible.

On our agents' workspace, when they have a Case open, there is a Tab Lightning component that has Details, Email, Knowledge, etc.  On one of the tabs, we have an IFRAME with a page that has order details.  When the agents change information on this page, they have an "Update Case" that writes the changes.  Everything works great there.

The issue that I am trying to address is that the "Details" tab is not refreshing with the new data, so when the agent (for example) updates an invoice number and switches to the "Details" tab, the 'Invoice Number' field is not updated.  Of course, closing the case and re-opening displays the correct data, since the write to the object works.

What I would like to do is have that "Update Case" button refresh that OTHER tab, as well as the tab the component is on.  I already have:

$A.get('e.force:refreshView').fire();

...and that works for the tab that the button is on.  Is there a way to pass that refresh command to another sub-tab in the Tabs component?

Using the Napili template and the "Contact Support" page:

I've created a custom Global Action for our Web-to-Case page on a public, unauthenticated Commnity.  I've gone over the Object permissions for Case and the Community public profile, and it has Read/Edit access on every field on the Action's Page Layout, including 3 predefined fields.  The form displays correctly, but clicking the submit button just gives me "Oops, something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again."

This is my first Global Action, and I don't know what else to check.

I have a community using the Napili template.  It's a public community with no requirement to login.  I have the "Contact Support & Ask Buttons" component on the page, but we do not want to support Discussions.  I need to either:

A)  modify the component to remove the "Ask A Question" button, or
B) create a custom component with a button that navigates to the Contact Support page.

If I cannot modify the standard component, is there at least a place I can look at the underlying code so I can make my own?

I'm new to Salesforce, so forgive me if I get the terminology wrong, but I'll try to explain this as detailed as possible.

On our agents' workspace, when they have a Case open, there is a Tab Lightning component that has Details, Email, Knowledge, etc.  On one of the tabs, we have an IFRAME with a page that has order details.  When the agents change information on this page, they have an "Update Case" that writes the changes.  Everything works great there.

The issue that I am trying to address is that the "Details" tab is not refreshing with the new data, so when the agent (for example) updates an invoice number and switches to the "Details" tab, the 'Invoice Number' field is not updated.  Of course, closing the case and re-opening displays the correct data, since the write to the object works.

What I would like to do is have that "Update Case" button refresh that OTHER tab, as well as the tab the component is on.  I already have:

$A.get('e.force:refreshView').fire();

...and that works for the tab that the button is on.  Is there a way to pass that refresh command to another sub-tab in the Tabs component?

I have a community using the Napili template.  It's a public community with no requirement to login.  I have the "Contact Support & Ask Buttons" component on the page, but we do not want to support Discussions.  I need to either:

A)  modify the component to remove the "Ask A Question" button, or
B) create a custom component with a button that navigates to the Contact Support page.

If I cannot modify the standard component, is there at least a place I can look at the underlying code so I can make my own?