• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I'm trying to display records of an custom object on a page using lightning component. And then based on that i have to generate PDF of that page.So anybody suggest me code samples? and help me out to solve it.

Thanks
Hi, I'm trying to display records of an custom object on a page using lightning component. And then based on that i have to generate PDF of that page.So anybody suggest me code samples? and help me out to solve it.

Thanks
1) Is it possible to do it without generating or "rendering" the apex pages?

Currently, I have code that does it in apex pages, where it takes in the apex page as an argument then collects the data before processing the blob. However, to do so I have to be ON the apex page before clicking the button to generate it.

Is it possible to "generate" the apex page (without actually making it show up on screen / being redirected to it) on a lightning page so that I can pass it as an argument to the pre-existing code?

I ask because I have a lightning page that shows a list of all users elligible for profile generation. It doesn't make sense to click on the user to be redirected to their apex:page before being able to generate the CSV or XLS or PDF. Instead, I want buttons available on the lightning page which I can click on to handle all of that.

2) I found some links about generating PDF and CSV within lightning but I'm wondering what the downsides are (so that I can make an educated decision on if I can live with it)

https://medium.com/@ToAnshulVerma/salesforce-lightning-generate-pdf-from-lightning-components-with-in-memory-data-cd5dffe0fe25

http://www.sfdcmonkey.com/2017/04/19/download-csv-file-data-salesforce-lightning-component/

I am using Force.com IDE with Eclise 3.6.  How to Run Visual force Page coding in the Eclipse. Where can I see my Page Output.

Consider I developed an Visual force Page for my organisation. I want that same Visual force page for other Organisation. How to port that Application to that organisation.(It is like changing .exe files from system to system).

Then How to deploy that Application in AppExchange........

Plz clear my Basic doubts....Then only I can go to developement......In Force.com Tutorials they give Codings for Visual force page....but didn't say How to  Edit coding, Run that coding in Eclipse IDE....Plz Help...............