• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
We have an external website that is integrated with Salesforce via REST APi.  On the website, when a user registers, a contact record is created and also a welcome email is sent right away.  Users also make purchases on the website which are recorded in Salesforce in real-time as well.  We do expect heavy traffic when we launch and we are worried about the API limit.  I read about Bulk API but it doesn’t seem to be applicable to our scenario since we are dealing with real-time transactions.  Maybe I am misunderstanding the bulk Api concept but if anyone could guide us on what we could do to batch real-time calls, I would greatly appreciate it.  Our website is built on Node JS with a vue.js frontend.
Hello all,
Our Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud are connected via the Marketing Cloud Connector.  I am trying to use the triggered send feature of Sales Cloud and send a Marketing Cloud email when a person account is created in the Sales Cloud.

I have the following trigger and test class set up on my Sandbox environment.
trigger Trig_Account on Account (after insert, after update) {
    if (!Test.isRunningTest()){
        et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate('Account');
    }
}

@isTest
private class Trig_AccountTest {
    static testMethod void myUnitTest() {
        Account testAccount = new Account(LastName = 'Test Account', PersonEmail= 'testclass@test.com');
        insert testAccount;
        testAccount = [select Id, LastName from Account where id = :testAccount.Id];
        System.assertEquals(testAccount.LastName, 'Test Account');
    }
}
The test class executes without any problems but the code coverage on the trigger remains at 50%(1/2).  I won't be able to deploy this to production because it needs to be at 75% at least.  I can't see what I am doing wrong here so any help will be apprecaited.
Hi,
We have person accounts enabled for our Salesforce instance.  I am using the Rest API to create an account record.  When an an account is created, there is formula field that gets calculated automatically to ge the long person contact id.  Is there a way to specifiy this attribute in the response?  I don't want to have to make a second call to get the long person contact id.
Hi all,
I have created a computed field that allows me to display the long contact ID (18 characters) of a contact record.  The formula I used is:  CASESAFEID(Id).  I am displaying this field on a "search layout" and "page layout".  I have noticed that when viewing a contact record, the long contact ID displayed in a "search layout" doesn't match what is displayed in a "page layout".  anyone has any idea why that is?
Hi,
I have created a trigger that will be used by the marketing cloud connector for trigger sends.  The trigger is as follows:
trigger Trig_Account on Account (after insert, after update) {
}
The test class for this trigger is:

@isTest
private class Trig_AccountTest {
static testMethod void myUnitTest() {
Account testAccount = new Account(RecordTypeId = '012c00000009EzV', LastName = 'Test Contact', PersonEmail = 'de123@yahoo.com');
insert testAccount;
testAccount = [select Id, LastName from Account where id = :testAccount.Id];
System.assertEquals(testAccount.LastName, 'Test Contact');
    }
}
When executing the test, I keep getting the error below.  It's a simple test and it's not obvious to me what could be missing.  

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Trig_Account: execution of AfterInsert

caused by: et4ae5.MCBaseException.InvalidParameterException: Whoops! Marketing Cloud Connect does not have access to the selected object. Contact your administrator to enable objects for Marketing Cloud Connect triggered sends.

Class.et4ae5.triggerUtility.automate: line 11, column 1
Trigger.Trig_Account: line 2, column 1: []

Hello all,
Our Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud are connected via the Marketing Cloud Connector.  I am trying to use the triggered send feature of Sales Cloud and send a Marketing Cloud email when a person account is created in the Sales Cloud.

I have the following trigger and test class set up on my Sandbox environment.
trigger Trig_Account on Account (after insert, after update) {
    if (!Test.isRunningTest()){
    }
}

@isTest
private class Trig_AccountTest {
    static testMethod void myUnitTest() {
        Account testAccount = new Account(LastName = 'Test Account', PersonEmail= 'testclass@test.com');
        insert testAccount;
        testAccount = [select Id, LastName from Account where id = :testAccount.Id];
        System.assertEquals(testAccount.LastName, 'Test Account');
    }
}
The test class executes without any problems but the code coverage on the trigger remains at 50%(1/2).  I won't be able to deploy this to production because it needs to be at 75% at least.  I can't see what I am doing wrong here so any help will be apprecaited.
Hi,
We have person accounts enabled for our Salesforce instance.  I am using the Rest API to create an account record.  When an an account is created, there is formula field that gets calculated automatically to ge the long person contact id.  Is there a way to specifiy this attribute in the response?  I don't want to have to make a second call to get the long person contact id.