Replies
I created a very basic Trigger:

trigger HelloWorld on Lead (before update) {
    for (Lead L : Trigger.new) {
    L.FirstName = 'Hello';
    L.LastName  = 'World';
  }
}

When I create a new Lead record in Classic, it works as expected (ie, no change since it should fire only in Update) but when I create a new Lead record in Lightning, as soon as I save, the first and last name gets updated to Hello World.

This is a brand new developer Org and so there are no other triggers etc. Has anyone else run into this problem?

L.FirstName = 'Hello';
    L.LastName  = 'World';
  }
}

When I create a new Lead record in Classic, it works as expected (ie, no change since it should fire only in Update) but when I create a new Lead record in Lightning, as soon as I save, the first and last name gets updated to Hello World.

This is a brand new developer Org and so there are no other triggers etc. Has anyone else run into this problem?

L.FirstName = 'Hello';
    L.LastName  = 'World';
  }
}

I have taken a new role and attempting to clean up the existing org. I have made progress deleting unecessary apps. However, I monster app Learn Trac and View Trac are giving me problems the vendor cannot overcome. 

There is a component c:SearchCustom that I cannot remove because it is reference in 2 of the created communities. I found the component on the community page and removed it and published the change. Both communities are inactive however I keep geeting the same error message below. I know you cannot not delete communities but I have deactivate them. 

Does anybody have any ideas? - Thanks!

Cannot complete this operation. The object you're trying to delete is in use on site Creators1, which is under development. : Site The object you're trying to delete is in use on site Sovrn_Community_C, which is under development. : Site The object you're trying to delete is in use on site Creators1, which is under development. : Site The object you're trying to delete is in use on site Sovrn_Community_C, which is under development. : Site Referenced by a component instance inside the Lightning Page Search : Lightning Page The object you're trying to delete is in use on site Creators1, which is published. : Site The object you're trying to delete is in use on site Sovrn_Community_C, which is published. : Site

HI,

To give permissions (create,edit,delete,view)on a particular object we use profiles.

But in sharing settings sections we can find the feature called organization wide default. Here we can give the public readonly, public read/write ..... permissions. 

what is the difference between these profile based and organization wide default permissions?

I observed that, profile will overides org wide default permissions. is it right? if it is correct then  which situation we use the org wide default settings for an org once we have profile permissions?

please clarify this