• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
distribution is a custom object distribution__c. I created a custom
 checkbox field quantity__c in this object. I want this field to updated another checkbox  field  called supplied__c on account object . That is, if  quantity__c is true and checked, supplied__c will also be true and checked. Also, for other records that already exist, how do I update this these records . Thank you
  • October 25, 2018
I want to create profile for api users. I do not wish to give them modify all data permission
due to history of them updating and doing stuff they are not supposed to do.
Will this restrict them from doing their job? In general, can someone please assist me in the right permissions for this users. I am aware of API enabled and api user only.
Also, for API user only, I know they cannot login through the UI. It can only create a session through the API. My question is, just incase I have to give them modify all permission, will they be able to login through the UI and create/ delete records?
  • September 24, 2018
State and country has been activated for my org but during this process, some states were assigned undefined value.
When I try to change it to the correct value, it gives this error: There's a problem with this state, even though it may appear correct. Please select a state from the list of valid states. I have read series of articles which did not help. I wrote trigger to update this values and also tried using dataloader. Yet still unresolved. I understand it is a mapping issue and also, I am not thinking of deactivating State/country. How can I resolve this please
  • September 07, 2018
Thank you for assisting, I am getting error INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'register__c' is not supported. While trying to create a user through the API. Profile  used is admin profile and all fields are appended rightly.
  • August 10, 2018
Getting error INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'register__c' is not supported. While trying to create a user through the API. Profile  used is admin profile and all fields are appended rightly.
  • August 09, 2018
What could be my best approach on this; business case: Emails to update fields in salesforce
Templates will have merged fields
Signatory first name
Signatory Last name
Date
Removal date.
it is expected that these fields will  automatically update contact fields when a reponses is received from customers. There should be a capability
of removing the signatory first and last name automatically if the customer wishes to in future with the removal date recorded
What is my best approach? can inbound emails do this? 
please options on achiving this without creating a template are also wellcome. 
I am not a core developer, detailed explanation will be much apreciated

• June 18, 2018
Templates will have merged fields
Signatory first name
Signatory Last name
Date
Removal date.
it is expected that these fields will  automatically update contact fields when a reponses is received from customers. There should be a capability
of removing the signatory first and last name automatically if the customer wishes to in future with the removal date recorded
What is my best approach? can inbound emails do this? 
please options on achiving this without creating a template are also wellcome. 
I am not a core developer, detailed explanation will be much apreciated

• June 17, 2018
I want to create a report on both the rating field in accounts and due date in Task field .
This report is based on areas I have not covered for the new months.
The areas are base on the Rating picklist fields in accounts named Rating X, Rating Y and Rating Z, status completed and due date in Task
I need to write a formula to give me these information
Rating x = 30days from the due date
Rating Y = 40 dayds from the due date
Rating Z = 50 days from the due date.
Example, if the due date was March 15 th, for Rating X, The next tiuch will be 30 days from the last due date
Then I intend using the formula field to create the report and dashboard.
I need help in creating this formula and any suggestion to a better approach will be well appreciated
Thank you

• March 31, 2018
I want to create profile for api users. I do not wish to give them modify all data permission
due to history of them updating and doing stuff they are not supposed to do.
Will this restrict them from doing their job? In general, can someone please assist me in the right permissions for this users. I am aware of API enabled and api user only.
Also, for API user only, I know they cannot login through the UI. It can only create a session through the API. My question is, just incase I have to give them modify all permission, will they be able to login through the UI and create/ delete records?
  • September 24, 2018
Getting error INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'register__c' is not supported. While trying to create a user through the API. Profile  used is admin profile and all fields are appended rightly.
  • August 09, 2018
I want to create a report on both the rating field in accounts and due date in Task field .
This report is based on areas I have not covered for the new months.
The areas are base on the Rating picklist fields in accounts named Rating X, Rating Y and Rating Z, status completed and due date in Task
I need to write a formula to give me these information
Rating x = 30days from the due date
Rating Y = 40 dayds from the due date
Rating Z = 50 days from the due date.
Example, if the due date was March 15 th, for Rating X, The next tiuch will be 30 days from the last due date
Then I intend using the formula field to create the report and dashboard.
I need help in creating this formula and any suggestion to a better approach will be well appreciated
Thank you

• March 31, 2018