• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I want to allow modification of a record only by specific user using SOQL query. Can this be done? 

Thanks
Mayank.
Hi all ,

I am confused with when exactly do we use an indirect lookup, a lookup and an external lookup relationship. Why cant we use just a lookup relationship for every case.

Thanks
Mayank. 
Hi all,

I have a quick question, I am not able to understand when exactly do we use 'insert()' and 'database.insert()'... both seem to do the work of insertion in the database. 

Thanks
Mayank.

Hi,

I was reading about testing in apex. I have a doubt with @isTest(SeeAllData=true). Now lets say i have a class with around 20 methods and i want to see data for all the methods in a class except for one or two. If I use @istest(SeeAllData=false) on a particular method it is not working. How can i achieve this. Is there a way of achieving this without specifying for individual methods .

Thanks
Mayank.
Hi all,

I am working on an assignment where i have multiple profiles for different users.I want a particular user to see only a subset of the picklist values.Can anyone help me achieve this.It would be of great help.

Thanks.
Hi all,
I am not able to understand that in what cases do we create a workflow rule, a roll up summary ,a trigger or a formula field , its really confusing .I looked this up on internet as well but its not clear. Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks.
Hi all , 
I am new to salesforce and aim to be a certified developer , can anyone please give me some suggestions and tips on how to prepare for salesforce platform developer 1 exam.
Thanks
Hi, I'm using the below code in visualforce page, it is working fine when I have "Opportunity.Commerical_Value__c" value, but if Opportunity.Commerical_Value__c doesn't have any value, it always return null. What I want is to have something like this "Opportunity.amount - 0 when Commercial_Value__c is empty. 
Anyone could help me on this? THank you in advance. 

<apex:outputText value="{0, number, Currency}"> <apex:param value="{!Opportunity.amount - Opportunity.Commerical_Value__c}" /> </apex:outputText>