• 10 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a custom site that allows customers/users to self-register. If the customer/user registers with a username that already exists in the org, a standard error alert is presented to them, 

"Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted."

This does not inform the customer/user of the problem that they are using a username that already exists. Is there a way to customize this message? Even better, is there a way to customize it without APEX code?

I wanted to create a formula field that calculates the number of words (or characters) in a long text area, but I see that Salesforce does not have this capability. But I hear that apex can accomplish this? Sadly, I am not good with apex code, but I'm wondering if someone has any ideas on how to draft this code? Here are the specifics I am working with:

• Calculate number of words (or characters) of field Testimony__c on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c and display results in field Testimony_Word_Count__c (also on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c).
We would like to create a visualforce page for a list of workflow emails that have been sent to our clients that we can place on each client's contact record. Can anyone point me in the right direction for doing this? Thank you!
We have a custom site that allows customers/users to self-register. If the customer/user registers with a username that already exists in the org, a standard error alert is presented to them, 

"Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted."

This does not inform the customer/user of the problem that they are using a username that already exists. Is there a way to customize this message? Even better, is there a way to customize it without APEX code?

I wanted to create a formula field that calculates the number of words (or characters) in a long text area, but I see that Salesforce does not have this capability. But I hear that apex can accomplish this? Sadly, I am not good with apex code, but I'm wondering if someone has any ideas on how to draft this code? Here are the specifics I am working with:

• Calculate number of words (or characters) of field Testimony__c on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c and display results in field Testimony_Word_Count__c (also on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c).