• Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,
1. we know that we can not call a future from a batch or from another future because both are asynchronous. But we can call a batch from another        batch even batchs also asynchronous. I googled it but did not get any proper answer. could you please suggest your views ont his.
2. we can call a batch from another batch only from start or finish method but not from execute method, why?
Any response would be appriciated.
Thanks,
Anuj

it is not working..i need to restrict ownership field requird
and(( $RecordType.Id ='0127F000000RqjzQAC'),
     (ISBLANK(text( Ownership ))) 
   )
Hi.
When ever we create or edit an opportunity with an account , then the team members in the account should be created into opportunity team members
How to solve this scenario

Regards
Rajesh
When ever we create or edit an opportunity with an account , then the team members in the account should be created into opportunity team members. Please suggest me how to do this
Regards
Rajesh
Hi,
Do we have any andriod or iOS application to have a easy read of discussion forums 

Regards
Rajesh
Hi I have a application form in the portal. Once it has been filled by the person by that name need to create a user in the Sfdc. Can I know we cam make this functionality.

Regards
Rajesh
hi here while updating the picklist field from to active to inactive need to insert a record in the invoice. Please find below code is not working.
trigger newinvoice on Contact (after update) {
    List<Invoice__c> recordsToupdate = new List<Invoice__c>();
    for (Contact c : [select id,name,status__c from Contact where status__c='active']) {
        if (Trigger.isupdate) {
            Invoice__c ln = new Invoice__c();
ln.name = 'aaa' ;           
        }
    }
    update recordsToupdate;
}

Regards
Rajesh
Hi.
When ever we create or edit an opportunity with an account , then the team members in the account should be created into opportunity team members
How to solve this scenario

Regards
Rajesh
Hi All

I have a custom object and custom email field. Looking for mass email to selected record using vf page.Any solution.
I have 'lead status' picklist with values.

New
Working
converted
unqulaified

Out of these only unqualified can be selected manually. Others are automatic. When others are selected manually ,a validation must be thrown
I tried using who.name ,it throws error. what can be done?

Thanks in advance.
Hello All,

It is a specific requirements from my client's IT services NOT to use Apex unless it is absolutly impossible to do otherwise. Here is my need, 
I created a lightning component to update a specific field on the Case object, the user was supposed to choose a rating from radio buttons and an Apex controller modified a custom field with the selected value.

That was before I knew that they were stricly "apexless". So the question is, is there a way to update a field directly within a lightning component without using any Apex ?

I've read about Lightning Data Service, but I'm not quite sure yet that it is what I want to do as it updates the whole object and not just the field I want to modify. 

Any inputs on that ? Thank you !
Hi All,
1. we know that we can not call a future from a batch or from another future because both are asynchronous. But we can call a batch from another        batch even batchs also asynchronous. I googled it but did not get any proper answer. could you please suggest your views ont his.
2. we can call a batch from another batch only from start or finish method but not from execute method, why?
Any response would be appriciated.
Thanks,
Anuj

Hello Community,
I am using Customer Community License but this license doesn't allow to create account record only read and edit permission is available but want to create the account using this license is there any workaround for this besides changing the license.

Please share your thoughts need to get a solution on an urgent basis.
Thanks.
I have two objects one is a standard object i.e Account and the other one is a custom object and their have a look up relations .I have  created 3 text fields as A,B,C in  custom object.Now when I concatenate b/w A and B , the result should get displayed in C.when u type the value manually in field C ,it should throw the error.So which type of trigger is used and how wil u write the code?
Hi everyone, 
could you please help me in this

When I queried using Query editor, am able to fetch the records from case history. but
when I write in apex class as dynamic query using case history, am getting below error
12:43:35:070 USER_DEBUG [64]|DEBUG|The following exception has occurred: Invalid field case.status for CaseHistory
  • November 18, 2018
Hi All.
I have a requirement which requires me to create a formula field, i dont have much background on Salesforce and still learning, so any help will be appreciated!

I am attempting to create a new formula field called "Days Overdue" on a custom object and the logic for the field should be as below;

When the "Status__C" does not equal to (<>) "closed", and
 If "Actual End date__C" is blank, "Days Overdue" = Today - Planned End Date__C 
 If "Actual End date__C" is not blank, "Days Overdue" = Today - Actual End Date__C 

When the "Status__C" equal to (=) "closed", 
--> "Days Overdue" = Actual End Date__C - Planned End Date__C

I want to incorporate values for both conditions (Status <> Closed & Status Closed) in the same "Days Overdue" Field

Thanks!

Hi, My  question is regarding checking whether users have access to specific object or not.

In my scenario I have a set of user ids and for these user ids I have to check if they have access to specific object or not. I have done my POC on this, but I am not able to acheive this. I tried this by using metadata but failed.
Background: My company is growing and adding additional Product Families. Due to this we are doing a branding refresh and applying new colours to each of the product areas. I am remapping the product codes but also adding in the new product families, I am trying to assign the new colours to each of the new families. When I edit the product family in object manager and try to assign a new colour by selecting "Colour Chart" I am only given the standard colours. Is there a way to input the exact shades of colour to the Colour Chart so that I can select the correct brand colour? 
Hi,

We would like to delete the contacts in production which are not linked to Opportunity, Note, File, Attachment, Task, Event, Activity etc.

Attachment, Notes,  Files, Tasks and Event objects are not supporting the semi join inner queries. 

Is there anyway i can find the Contacts records which are not used anywhere in salesforce?
  • November 13, 2018
I am facing an issue in getting "New Task" standard button on Activity related list on Case object.

New Task button is visible on the Open Activities related list:
User-added image

But it is not visible on Activites related list:
User-added image

I have added "New Task" button from related list section on page layout but it is still not visible:
User-added image

Any idea on how to achieve those actions on Activities related list same like Open Activities related list. I want to keep only the Activities related list and remove Open Activities from the page.
it is not working..i need to restrict ownership field requird
and(( $RecordType.Id ='0127F000000RqjzQAC'),
     (ISBLANK(text( Ownership ))) 
   )
Looking for more in depth SF developer courses.  Any recommendations others have found helpful?
Hi Every one ,
How to write a trigger on Account Object if the record is Exist then update the records else created new Account Records ?

Thanks 
Aklkk
  • November 09, 2018
hi everyone,

why we need to mention without sharing keyword, eventhough by default it is without sharing