• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am changing the template of a community from the Visualforce + tabs to a lightning template.

I have a custom button of type list view. But i do not find a way to make it work.

if it is JavaScript type it does not even appear the button, which makes sense because of lightning.

if I use Visualforce type it appears but when I click it nothing happens.

if I use url type, it appears but nothing happens when I click it.

how do I make this work?

Thanks,
Fernanda

I have installed this tool in our sandbox and would like to install this in our production environment.  I am very excited about this product and how it could help us to better manage our Salesforce data, but we only want system administrators (or a specific profile) to see these buttons.

For a related list view, this can easily be done by creating an alternate page layout that is assigned to the system administrators.  However, it seem that when you add the button to the object list view the buttons is visible to all users that have access to that object, not just the system administrators with the rights to this functionality.  Since the users do not have the required permissions, the Insufficient Privileges page will display if they attempt to use the button.  This will be frustrating and confusing to our users.  We really don't want the users to see the buttons at all. 

The object list buttons are the ones we are most interested in from an administrative perspective.  If we are not able to set it up so the buttons can only be seen by the system administrators, we won't be able to use the product.

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can accomplish having the object list view buttons only visible to a specified profile?  I am hoping that we aren't the only ones with this requirement and that there is a way around this problem. 

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as we would really like to use this product!

• July 02, 2013