• 0 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
After spending close to two hours on the phone with Salesforce support, they suggested I should post here to find a solution to my problem. So now I am at the mercy of you kind developers prowling these boards and I am hopeful that together we can find a solution to my problem.

The Problem
Case ownership is transferring between users and my default support queue without the user's input, however, it appears as if the user is the one transferring the case. This can occur minutes after they initially take ownership, and sometimes it happens several hours later. It occurs with both open and closed cases, the latter be especially frustrating since the newly assigned owner will go to work the case without realizing it's already been closed. I have also verified that this is happening both during and after hours - when users are no longer logged into the system  - so I know that they are not the ones transferring the cases despite the Case feed suggesting otherwise. 

Investigation Thus Far
Assignment Rules - Even though I assumed this had nothing to do with assignment rules, I double checked. Sure enough, there are no active assignment rules - nor are there any Case page layouts where the 'Assign using active assignment rules' is visible and/or checked by default.

Apex Triggers - Salesforce support suggested this was the cause, which makes sense, but I looked and there are no active Apex Triggers that I have written / implemented, which would cause this behavior. In fact, there are only three (3) Case object triggers, all of which are managed by installed packages, and none of which are desigend to do anything with regards to Case ownership (one is related to our mapping software and the other two are for a contest/gamification application)

I just want to thank everyone in advance for any support or guidance you can provide here. Please let me know if there is anything else I should provide that would help diagnose the issue here.

Thank you.

Ben

• November 23, 2016