• Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

We have a client who is looking to make an inbound SOAP call to Salesforce (i.e. their IBM middleware will initiate a call to push data to Salesforce).   

So far so good, however they are telling me that they already have the WSDL files, as they also send the same data to various other (non Salesforce) systems.  I.e. they have generated the WSDL themselves.

My understanding is that for inbound calls (to Salesforce), they will need to use either the Partner or the Enterprise WSDL generated by Salesforce - and not one created by them.  Is that correct?

If this were an outbound call / callout (from Salesforce) then i know i could consume their existing WSDL, however is it possible to consume a 3rd party WSDL for inbound calls?  

Hope you can help!
Jon

Hi all,

We have a client who is looking to make an inbound SOAP call to Salesforce (i.e. their IBM middleware will initiate a call to push data to Salesforce).   

So far so good, however they are telling me that they already have the WSDL files, as they also send the same data to various other (non Salesforce) systems.  I.e. they have generated the WSDL themselves.

My understanding is that for inbound calls (to Salesforce), they will need to use either the Partner or the Enterprise WSDL generated by Salesforce - and not one created by them.  Is that correct?

If this were an outbound call / callout (from Salesforce) then i know i could consume their existing WSDL, however is it possible to consume a 3rd party WSDL for inbound calls?  

Hope you can help!
Jon