• 30 Points
  • Member since 2019

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I wanted to create a formula field that calculates the number of words (or characters) in a long text area, but I see that Salesforce does not have this capability. But I hear that apex can accomplish this? Sadly, I am not good with apex code, but I'm wondering if someone has any ideas on how to draft this code? Here are the specifics I am working with:

• Calculate number of words (or characters) of field Testimony__c on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c and display results in field Testimony_Word_Count__c (also on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c).
I would like to create a check box field thiat is automatically checked base upon the values of two other feilds on the same object.  If the 'project type' pick list feild does not equal 'Windows' and a check box field 'Electrican Required' is unchecked I would like a new check box field I named  'Shutter Permit' to be checked.  I tried reading the formula documentation and came up with something like this as a formula, but I have no idea what I am doing... can someone help me?

If (((Contains(Project_Type__c,"Windows") && ISBLANK(xProject_ElectricianApplies__c)), True, null)

I wanted to create a formula field that calculates the number of words (or characters) in a long text area, but I see that Salesforce does not have this capability. But I hear that apex can accomplish this? Sadly, I am not good with apex code, but I'm wondering if someone has any ideas on how to draft this code? Here are the specifics I am working with:

• Calculate number of words (or characters) of field Testimony__c on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c and display results in field Testimony_Word_Count__c (also on Custom Object TargetX_SRMb__Essay__c).