• 0 Points
  • Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey all, I have a flow that I am kicking off when an email message is recevied by the system.  When I try to debug since it's not working right, I cannot do so as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pick an email in the system to test from!  This is the screen and what it's looking for.  What does it want here.  The ID of an icoming email preveiously recieved did not do the trick.  I'm having an issue with this flow not working and I really want to run in debug mode to figure out where it's stopping in the process!  I've searched google and can't find anything on how to pass this flow an email message! 

User-added image

Hello all!  I am not a dev, but we have a team of them at my new company.  They don't want me using record triggered flows, and that is all that I have ever used.  So I have some questions about triggering flows from Apex.

My use case is mostly right now for sending out atuomated emails from a flow on cases. I have to send one when the case is opened and then I need to create some emails/notifications when cases have gone untouched.  So here are some questions I have. 

1) since I am triggering this from Apex, do I need to start with getting a record?  Or is that handled in Apex in the after update statements?  If I am kicking off a flow after update from Apex would it already have all of the data that I need from that case that was being updated same as record triggered? 

2) How would I build in a time dependency?  Is it the same as I would with record triggered?  For instance I need to say if it's been > 24 hours and the case hasn't been updated I need to notifiy someone of this.  Would I be able to build that in the same as before on the record triggered flows?  Or do I need something else in there to handle this?

Thanks in advance for any help or adivce on this.  I'm new to this format and getting very confused on what I need to do with my flows.