• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I [new to this all] downloaded the �java getting started package� + java_samples.zip. I get Access to the API and everything works fine - I can create, edit and delete salesforce objects (leads, accounts, ⬦ ). But if I try to create a data record according to a custom object (I created an object named �reseller� in the salesforce UI with attributes �reseller_id� and �description� and wrote a function 'createReseller' according to 'createAccountSample'), following runtime error message shows up:

Failed to create reseller -  error message:

Tried to invoke method public common.api.soap.SaveResult[] common.api.soap.Soap.create(common.api.soap.Entity[]) throws org.apache.axis.AxisFault with arguments [Ljava.lang.Object;.  The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassCastException@1cdd2a1

My application logs in as a sysadmin, also the reseller properties seem to be set correctly (creatable:true ⬦). The data types are correct. After producing objects from the WSDL file with WSDL2JAVA I changed nothing at the custom object in UI. What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • January 27, 2004
I tried the PHP demonstration of Byrne Reese out. This, so far, only supports querying. I ask myself whether there are already extensions which allow to create, delete, update? Is that still to come? Each ìnfo/advice is welcome.
  • January 27, 2004

We are looking for assistance in beta testing our tool for doing Mass Updates/Insert and Account de-duplciations in salesforce.  It will allow you to update ANY table in salesforce or export any table to CSV. 

You can download the tools from www.demandtools.com and then email me at glenn.wilson@quotegen.com for authorization on your login.  We plan to have the contact de-duper ready sometime this month and are looking for beta asistance plus any feedback on other components that could be added to the toolset

GlennW - glenn.wilson@quotegen.com

• March 07, 2004

Hello,

I [new to this all] downloaded the �java getting started package� + java_samples.zip. I get Access to the API and everything works fine - I can create, edit and delete salesforce objects (leads, accounts, ⬦ ). But if I try to create a data record according to a custom object (I created an object named �reseller� in the salesforce UI with attributes �reseller_id� and �description� and wrote a function 'createReseller' according to 'createAccountSample'), following runtime error message shows up:

Failed to create reseller -  error message:

Tried to invoke method public common.api.soap.SaveResult[] common.api.soap.Soap.create(common.api.soap.Entity[]) throws org.apache.axis.AxisFault with arguments [Ljava.lang.Object;.  The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassCastException@1cdd2a1

My application logs in as a sysadmin, also the reseller properties seem to be set correctly (creatable:true ⬦). The data types are correct. After producing objects from the WSDL file with WSDL2JAVA I changed nothing at the custom object in UI. What is going wrong?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
  • January 27, 2004
I tried the PHP demonstration of Byrne Reese out. This, so far, only supports querying. I ask myself whether there are already extensions which allow to create, delete, update? Is that still to come? Each ìnfo/advice is welcome.
  • January 27, 2004