• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi SFDC Experts,

We have 25,000+ reports and 200+ dashboards. We are in process of cleaning up our reports and deleting them.

When I attempt to delete reports which are being used in dashboard, I am getting following message -

"Report cannot be deleted One or more dashboards depend on this report. Please delete the dashboard components referring to this report and try again."

Here is the challenge. SInce I have 200+ dashboards, how to find the report is being used in which dashboard ? Opening each dashboard to find if the report is the particular report is being used is pain.

Is there any way I can generate a report to find list of reports being used for dashboards and dashboard name. Something like...

Report Name            Dashboard Name

-------------------         -------------------------------

Thanks.

• April 01, 2011

Hi,

Being an admin, I can see 'Active' field at the user record but it is not visible to other users.

SFDC does not have any way to set field level security for 'Active' field which is at user object. Also this field is not available so I could add to the user page layout.

Any help, how to 'Active' field visible to all users.

Thanks

• February 23, 2011

Hello,

I have one report which uses advance report filter(?pv0="xxxxxxxx") as given below(I got this from SFDC help): -

=================================================

How do I populate Advanced Filters in a Report from a Custom Link?

To populate  advanced filters in a report from a Custom Link, follow the listed steps below:

1. Create your report with all the fields that you want to see, and the standard filters that you want. (For example - my Accounts or Created Date = 01/20/04.).

2. Add advanced filters that you want to populate with the merge fields.

3. Save the report and take note of the report Id (that is the 15 character string in the URL when you run your report).

4. Add your Custom Link to look like this: /00O30000000cR29?pv0={!Account_ID}
where /00O30000000cR29 is the report ID
and pv0={!Account_ID} is the first line in the advanced filter section.

NOTE: pv1 is the second advanced filter and so on. You can add as much as 10 advanced filters, using the '&' to separate them in the URL.

====================================================

Now my report is broken. It is not changing the filter criteria on run time. Does anyone has same problem? It seems bug in the new release.

Thanks 

• September 24, 2009
Hi,

I have 50 mail merge templates with different details. Based on state, it should select particular mail merge template. I want to write a sControl which can select particular mail merge template based on state.

How can I do this sControl?

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Sunil on 03-20-2008 02:46 AM
  • October 10, 2007
How to store date into Date field using scontrol? I am using follwing code to store date into custom field: -

tru.set("TB1__c","6/8/2007");
I am getting error "6/8/2007' is not a valid for the type 'xsd:date'.

Please advise, how can store date. This is really urgent.

Thanks.

• June 08, 2007
Hi,

I am trying to store current date into one of the custom date field at Opportunity object. I am using the code below: -

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> 
<html> 
<head> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script> 
<script src="/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js"></script> 
<script language="javascript"> 

function saveRec() 
{ 
var opp = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity"); 
opp.set("Id", "{!Opportunity.Id}"); 

var mydate=new Date() 
var year=mydate.getYear() 
if (year < 1000) 
year+=1900 
var day=mydate.getDay() 
var month=mydate.getMonth()+1 
if (month<10) 
month="0"+month 
var daym=mydate.getDate() 
if (daym<10) 
daym="0"+daym 

var date1=month+"/"+daym+"/"+year; // this returns eg. 05/09/2007

opp.set("Questionnaire_Back__c",date1); 

I am getting error "05/09/2007' is not a valid for the type 'xsd:date'. Any idea where I am doing mistake? Do you have any example of updating date field?

Thanks in advance.

• May 09, 2007
I want to use a custom link at Opportunity Object that creates a new record in custom object. I have written following code in sControl.

I am getting 'Object Expeceted' error in the line '<body onload="pageInit()">'.

Might be I am asking very basic questions but plz help me to solve this problem.

==================== Code Start ===================

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>PVA Case: {!Opportunity.Name}</title>
<script language="javascript"
src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/setup.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/roletreenode.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/sfdcPage.js"></script>

<script language="javascript">

function pageInit()
{
sforceClient.init("{!API.Session_ID}", "{!API.Partner_Server_URL_70}");
}

function saveRec()
{

var tru= new Sforce.Dynabean("Trust__c");

tru.set(“Name”, “Trust 7”);
tru.set("Opportunity","Test Case");
tru.set("GA__c", "Test GA");
tru.set(“GA_Address__c", "Test GA Address”);
tru saveResult = sforceClient.Create(tru)[0];

}
</script>
</head>

<body onload="pageInit()">

<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD><input value=" Save " class="btn" type="button"
title="Save" onclick="saveRec()" name="save"> <input value="Cancel"
class="btn" type="button" title="Cancel" onclick="window.close()" name="cancel"></TD>

</TR>
</TABLE>

</body>
</html>
======================== End Code ==========================

Thanks in advance.
  • April 30, 2007

Hi,

I am very new for .NET. I want to develop a web application where end user can enter new persuits information and also can update existing persuits. If I have my own database then I don't have any problem to perform this action. But I am working on enterprise edition of www.salesforce.com. and I want to connect my web application with www.salesforce.com database.

I have downloaded WSDL file but I am not able to understand how can I use it. As I mentioned earlier that I want to make a web application where user can enter new persuit and update existing persuits. Here I want to perform my web application functionality  with salesforce database as I am having existing data in salesforce.

Now the problem is that how WSDL file can help for my web applciation and how can I use it in my web applciation.

Can anyone help me. It is very urgent as I want to develop my web applciation using salesforce.com WSDL file.

Hope anyone will help me.

Thanks in advance.

Sunil

• July 06, 2004
Hi,
I have two fields on my Object ,as date time (data type) like Start_date__c and End_date,if i enter the 1-1-2014 in start date and 7-7-2015 in end date fields,the results suppose be like 1Y-6M-5D (i.e 1 year 6months 5 days) not exactly the same format as i mentioned but,my requirement is like users should be able to know how many years,moths,weeks and days left in another field, counting from the date that user enters in the fields.  
Wondering if this is possible with configuration or do i need apex?
I want to implement a mobile messaging functionality in my app. I have searched similar apps on app Exchange but couldn't find a free one. Please help me out.

Hi,

Is there any mechanism in SFDC, by which records/fields are made editable/read-only based on certain criteria. Example, the record will only be read-only if the "Status" field has values as "Terminated" but otherwise read-only.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi SFDC Experts,

We have 25,000+ reports and 200+ dashboards. We are in process of cleaning up our reports and deleting them.

When I attempt to delete reports which are being used in dashboard, I am getting following message -

"Report cannot be deleted One or more dashboards depend on this report. Please delete the dashboard components referring to this report and try again."

Here is the challenge. SInce I have 200+ dashboards, how to find the report is being used in which dashboard ? Opening each dashboard to find if the report is the particular report is being used is pain.

Is there any way I can generate a report to find list of reports being used for dashboards and dashboard name. Something like...

Report Name            Dashboard Name

-------------------         -------------------------------

Thanks.

• April 01, 2011

Hi All,

I need to control a picklist in a child object which will have values that depend on the selection done in the parent object's picklist field.  Is there any way to achieve this in SFDC?

Thanks

Hi,

I have to lock objects making them not deletable (except by administrador)
how can i do that?

someone can help me whith this?

Thanks!

Hi All,

While transferring account to the user I received notification as following:

Transfer Requires Read

The new owner must have "Read" permissions on this type of record.
Click here to return to the previous page.

For this I'd created a Role below to User's role to whom I'm transferring and when I'm transferring the record to the user I got the same notification message. I tried to over come by creating a sharing rule, but the result is same.

Hope this will help you to understand my problem.

Any help to overcome this notification will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

• October 26, 2010

I have  two picklist fiels which have 4 vales each (PickList1, Picklist2). I have a custom text field lets call it Entry__c which would be populated with some value from picklist 1 or 2.

I have another custom field lets call it Result__c which has to be populated based on the Entry__c field. If the Entry__c field has value from Picklist1 the result__c field should be "Success" or if it has values from PicklistValue2  the result__c field should be "Failure" else blank,

We are having an issue with users selecting the wrong case record type, because rather than selecting one they simply choose the default.  Because they may need to submit cases under different record types, we don't want to remove the other options --- but want them to have to CHOOSE which type of case to submit.

Is there a way to have NO record type as the default for specific profiles?  I have tried to delete the record type from the default with no luck and just am not sure whether I'm missing something.  Or, is there a way to create an option for

--- Choose Record Type ---

that forces them to choose the right one?

• October 21, 2010

I have 2 custom fields in the opportunity like Start date and End date
The format for them is Start Date:-  10/20/2010 10.59PM
                               End Date :-    11/31/2010   10:59 PM
The time will be set automatically whatever the time the system shows.

Now, the requirement is that  Star Date : Any date  12:01AM and End date : Any Date 11:59 PM.

So the time should be displayed like that no matter what ever the created date and time and it is for every oppotunity.

Is it possible  to do write any formula field or trigger, please help me on this?

Hi,

I am using "contact" to store some of the contact details of clients. I have another custom object "client details" where I am storing more information about the client like client history, current employment etc. The "client details" has a lookup relationship with "contact".  The "client details" has a standard field "Client Name". How to assign contact name which is a lookup field in the  "client details" to the "client name"  standard field? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• October 20, 2010

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this:

How do i assign system generated Case numbers that do not only include number? for example i currently have cases that get assigned a case number automatically in a {0000000} format, is there a way to assign either random numbers, or random letters or prefferable a combination of the both?

Thanks,

Mike 

Hi Guys,

I am using windows7 - 64 bit and office 2010 beta .. just check out the error and suggest what can be done ...

Error is as follows: The code in this project must be updated for use on 64 bit system.Please review and update Declare statements and then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute.

Thanks in Advance

Hi all -

I'm struggling with how to set a date field to today() using a custom button's on click javascript.

I'm using the button to set the value of two picklist values, set a date field to Today() and set a second date field to Today()+180.

When I first wrote it and tested it earlier in the week, it was executing but was setting the wrong dates. Today it just errors out.

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")} var QR= new sforce.SObject("Quote_Request__c"); QR.id = "{!Quote_Request__c.Id}"; var temp_dev_date=new Date(); temp_dev_date.setDate({!TODAY()}) var temp_val_date=new Date(); temp_val_date.setDate({!TODAY()}+180) QR.Delivered_Date__c=temp_dev_date; QR.Validity_Date__c=temp_val_date; QR.Customer_Requirements__c="Test update of auto close button."; QR.Status__c="Closed - Completed"; QR.Stage__c="Delivered"; var result = sforce.connection.update([QR]); if (result[0].getBoolean("success")) { // Refresh window window.location.reload(); } else { alert("something broke"); }

Appreciate any guidance or other approaches that could be used to accomplish this.

hi,

I am writing an s-control to calculate the count of related records for a custom object. eg: number of attendants to a meeting. I can certainly write this by myself but given how simple and common this scenario is, I tried to search if there was an existing s-control I could leverage?

I'm new to the help links but I looked at the Wiki, the discussion boards etc and I could not find any sample code for such a simple request.

Alternatively, is there a database or repository/link listing re-usable s-controls? That would be extremely resourceful.

KS-SFDC
  • December 15, 2008
Hello,

Is it possible to query Reports and retrieve its Id. Something like...

Code:
Select Id from Report where name='MyReportName';

I have a requirement where I want to redirect the user to a Report from my SControl. I dont see any Report object in the salesforce schema.

Thanks,
Rohit
Hi There,

There is probably a really simple answer to this that I am missing somewhere.

We are trying to populate the standard field Lead.MobilePhone through the API but we are told this field does not exist.

Sure enough, it is not in the WSDL or visible through the Force.com Schema browser.

However, it *is* available in the SFDC interface to fields and pagelayout. If I add the field to a pagelayout, it is not available when I add a new lead.

I am a bit baffled.

Any ideas?

Thanks