• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Are there any plans to allow us to move or install custom objects we create on one "schema" to another?

Is there any other way to setup custom objects for a new user/schema besides pointing and clicking?

Thanks!

I'm currently building an application that will make changes to SForce and detect/process changes made to SForce by others.

What is the best/recommended way to avoid seeing my own changes when I invoke getUpdated/Deleted?

I realize I can check the createdById and lastModifiedById, but what about deletes?

Is there a recommended/general method for handling this?

I noticed (first programmatically, because my program blew up) and then through the GUI, that the automatically-created accounts

have the entire address in the street.  Also, the zip isn't populated, although it's put into the street with everything else. 

I'm working on an integration with SForce.  Part of this is unit testing with JUnit.

Before I go any further, I'm running the j2sdk 1.4.2_02.  I recently downloaded and built the enterprise and partner objects for my test installation.  I ran the quickstart application and all went very well.

I'm able to build apps that talk to my SForce installation just fine.  However, when I try to run my JUnit tests, I get:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:143)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:152)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator.(SforceServiceLocator.java:10)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLogin.sforceLogin(SimpleLogin.java:50)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLogin.(SimpleLogin.java:40)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLoginTest.(SimpleLoginTest.java:33)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:135)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:114)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.(TestSuite.java:75)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLoginTest.suite(SimpleLoginTest.java:45)
        at sun.reflectnull
.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:111)
        at junit.swingui.TestRunner.runSuite(TestRunner.java:591)
        at junit.swingui.TestRunner$9.actionPerformed(TestRunner.java:283)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1839)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:245)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4897)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1606)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:532)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:272)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:76)
        at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.(BasicHandler.java:81)
        ... 44 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:416)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:525)
        ... 48 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:412)
        ... 49 more

I'm using Axis 1.1, which is just re-downloaded.  I'm using JUnit 3.8.1.

I've done quite a few other JUnit tests (not involving SForce) and they work fine.

I'm new to Axis, so I'm wondering if someone can point me to a relatively painless way to get Axis to work correctly in this situation.  It looks like the log factory in Axis completely blew up, based on the source tracing I did.

I'm currently building an application that will make changes to SForce and detect/process changes made to SForce by others.

What is the best/recommended way to avoid seeing my own changes when I invoke getUpdated/Deleted?

I realize I can check the createdById and lastModifiedById, but what about deletes?

Is there a recommended/general method for handling this?

Hello,

we are looking for a documentation / strategy how to develop custom objects and distribute this custom object to several salesforce.com clients or individual users. Is there any certification process for salesforce objects?

To clarify: We would like to develop a custom object with relation to another ASP-solution. As this might be interesting for other companies or individuals it is absolutely crucial that they can easily integrate this object on their own without time consuming integration process from our side.

Any hint is welcome

Thanks very much

Bernd

I'm working on an integration with SForce.  Part of this is unit testing with JUnit.

Before I go any further, I'm running the j2sdk 1.4.2_02.  I recently downloaded and built the enterprise and partner objects for my test installation.  I ran the quickstart application and all went very well.

I'm able to build apps that talk to my SForce installation just fine.  However, when I try to run my JUnit tests, I get:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:143)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.(Service.java:152)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator.(SforceServiceLocator.java:10)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLogin.sforceLogin(SimpleLogin.java:50)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLogin.(SimpleLogin.java:40)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLoginTest.(SimpleLoginTest.java:33)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:135)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:114)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.(TestSuite.java:75)
        at com.adc.sar.crm.alertNotificationManager.SimpleLoginTest.suite(SimpleLoginTest.java:45)
        at sun.reflectnull
.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:111)
        at junit.swingui.TestRunner.runSuite(TestRunner.java:591)
        at junit.swingui.TestRunner$9.actionPerformed(TestRunner.java:283)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1839)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:245)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4897)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1606)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:532)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:272)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:76)
        at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.(BasicHandler.java:81)
        ... 44 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:416)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:525)
        ... 48 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:412)
        ... 49 more

I'm using Axis 1.1, which is just re-downloaded.  I'm using JUnit 3.8.1.

I've done quite a few other JUnit tests (not involving SForce) and they work fine.

I'm new to Axis, so I'm wondering if someone can point me to a relatively painless way to get Axis to work correctly in this situation.  It looks like the log factory in Axis completely blew up, based on the source tracing I did.