• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,
I need records as a result of query such as:
Select Id, Description from Task where Subject ='Profile Email : Season's Greetings'
But this gives me a MALFORMED QUERY Exception. Using "includes" also does not work in this case. Query such as
Select Id, Description from Task where Subject includes ('Profile Email : Season's Greetings')
also runs into exception due to the single quotes present afte the word Season. Double Quotes are not allowed in SOQL.
Please suggest me the best way in which such queries can be invoked?

Natasha

Hi All,
I am looking for some means of running 2 queries but the results of one should be depenedent on the results of other - so basically a JOIN.
 in usual SQL I am looking for results as would be returned by:

select C.id, C.accountid, C.last name, A.AccountName
from Contact C
JOIN Account A
ON C.accountid=A.id
WHERE A.Website='abcd'

Could someone please help me with achieving equivalent results through the SF API calls? What is the best way to achieve this?
Looking forward to some early responses...
Natasha

I need to get a TASK ID for a created task by our application which is integrated with SF.
All that I have is the Email Subject, and the value for EmailName__c which is a customized attribute for the client's account in which the task is created.

I am running the following query:

Select AccountId, Id from task where Subject='ExactTarget Email: %%FirstName%%, would you like to be MindLeaders guest in Las' and Status = 'Completed' and EmailName__c = 'PLuS Promotion'

I use the software given to us by SF to run such queries and the operaiton always times out. And if I use a C#application, I set the batch size as 50 but the operation never results in any records. The data as per me is correct based on the task that I am trying to retreieve.

Can anyone guide me as to what can be wrong? The log in for this account succeeds.

Hi,
I need records as a result of query such as:
Select Id, Description from Task where Subject ='Profile Email : Season's Greetings'
But this gives me a MALFORMED QUERY Exception. Using "includes" also does not work in this case. Query such as
Select Id, Description from Task where Subject includes ('Profile Email : Season's Greetings')
also runs into exception due to the single quotes present afte the word Season. Double Quotes are not allowed in SOQL.
Please suggest me the best way in which such queries can be invoked?

Natasha

Hi All,
I am looking for some means of running 2 queries but the results of one should be depenedent on the results of other - so basically a JOIN.
 in usual SQL I am looking for results as would be returned by:

select C.id, C.accountid, C.last name, A.AccountName
from Contact C
JOIN Account A
ON C.accountid=A.id
WHERE A.Website='abcd'

Could someone please help me with achieving equivalent results through the SF API calls? What is the best way to achieve this?
Looking forward to some early responses...
Natasha