• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

we are using the migration tool and Ant for the deployment. Today I wanted to retrieve and deploy only Search Layouts for two custom objects. This should be possible as Search Layouts are a supported component type. That is what the documentation says (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/Content/daas_package.htm#component_types).

But in contrast to the documentation it was not possible to retrieve the Search Layouts for my custom object because the component type is not known to the meta data API:
[sf:retrieve] package.xml - Unknown entity:SearchLayouts

I also tried to list all components for that metadata type using <sf:listMetadata> but got a similar error message:
com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: INVALID_TYPE: Unknown type:SearchLayouts

At last I did a describe metadata types using <sf:describeMetadata> and found out that the component type SearchLayouts is not listed in the result file.

I did some tests for other 'supported component types' according to the documentation and found out that it's the same for the following types. They all are NOT supported:

• Picklist
  • SearchLayouts
  • Weblink
  • and so on (you can check that out by your own)

It would be great if Salesforce could enable the functionality for all component types that are listed in the documentation. Or remove this types from the doc.

Thanks
Felix

I have a new work pc ((Windows 7 64 bit) and want to install Force.com IDE

I downloaded the standalone Windows 64 installation and after configuring proxy settings as per the advice of our Tech Services proceeded to install but the Pulse installation seems to freeze half way through.

Tried the same installation on my home PC but seems to stop installing half way through "Installing Force.com IDE: Fetching software - 44.9 MB remains

Are there any detailed installation instructions for standalone installation. Or any advice?

I previously used Force.com under Eclipse on my Windows XP PC but only need Eclipse for Salesforce.

Screen grab 

• July 02, 2010

hi,

can anybody plz explain what is diffrence between develper edition and sandbox ?

Thanks,

daya

I'm doing most of my development via Eclipse. From this IDE, I can easily check in apex classes, visual force pages etc. into Source Control. The only gotcha is that new field definitions etc. don't appear to be synchronized to Eclipse. I'm wondering how folks add these to source control?

thanks!

Aiden

• May 28, 2010

Any one seen the below error on trying to create a Force.com Project from a Production Org? 

Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

I just signed up for Salesforce Developer Edition for the 1st time. However, on the lefthand side the APEX menu in Setup --> Developer is missing. What went wrong? Must i sign up additionaly for APEX acces, if so where?

Hi,

Do we have this facility of creating a sandbox on a SFDC server that will not be upgraded until after Production upgrade(Summer 10 upgrade)?

Can we downgrade Summer 10 upgrade to Spring 10 upgrade?

If this is possible by contacting Salesforce and doing it please let me know how the process goes. Or if this is possible by any other ways/means, do let me know how I can achieve it.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hello All,

I realize that this is a silly question, but when I try to update my Force IDE in Eclipse 3.4, using software updates, it states that no updates are available.

So I downloaded Eclipse 3.5 Galileo and tried installing the Force.com plugin, but the version number shows:  Force.com IDE    16.0.0.200906151227.

Is this the correct version for the Spring 10 release? I was under the impression that we should be using 18.x?

Thanks...

I understand that the sandbox can be refreshed through eclipse.  How do I do this?

I can see the meta elements in Production (objects, custom objects, tabs, layouts, etc).  But when I use "Deploy to Server" and deploy to the Sandbox, it doesn't copy over these elements.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

• March 10, 2010

Originally it was supposed to be Feb 15th --> http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Spring10/IDE

Then Tech Support told me it would be March 5th.

Today is March 7th and I still don't see it.

Does any know what is going on with the plugin? (or does SFDC just want to keep the developers in the dark)

Can someone please provide access to the new Eclipse 3.5 compatible plugin? At the very least provide a legitimate time/date when it will be available? ("After roll-out is complete" is not a commonly accepted release-schedule date)

If access cannot be provided, it would be helpful to know WHY the new IDE plugin has been withheld for the last several weeks despite the widespread availability of Spring '10 release features (at least in dev orgs).  My company has been actively bringing new clients onto the Force.com platform and working interactively with them on new developments, but it negatively impacts credibility not being able to provide simple why & when information for major release milestones.

-Chris

• March 06, 2010
Are developers on NA1, which already has Spring '10 (at least, some parts of it), going to have to wait until March 5th for the new IDE?
Hi,

We are having a strange behaviour on our Hudson (continuous integration system) when it deploys to an org using the ant tool. we are receiving this message:

Failed to submit request to Endpoint: https://na7-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/m/14.0 for user xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx

It prevents our Hudson task to run successfully, which is a bloquer for us.
I guess the error happens during the deploy task:

<sf:deploy username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}"

maxPoll="${sf.maxPoll}" pollWaitMillis="${sf.maxWaitMillis}"

serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" zipFile="${src.dir}/batch1.zip" runAllTests="false" logType="Debugonly">

</sf:deploy>

I haven't found anything in the forums and don't know what it means. Have you ever seen this problem before?

Cheers,

Laurent

I apologize in advance for the very newbish question.

I have just installed the force.com IDE in eclipse 3.4.  Trying to run the following code:

System.debug('hello');

The view comes back with "Anonymous execution was successful" but should it not print the "Hello" statement?  The other settings are default - Log category "Apex Code" and Log Level Debug

Here is a screenshot:

Is there another setting I could check for this?

Thanks!

Anyone know if the Spring 10 rollout delay means that the Spring IDE update will be pushed back from Feb 15th?

Thanks

David

I can't help but feel like I'm just having a brain fart here, but is there any reason why running the following code in the "Execute Anonymous" tab of the IDE would only display "Anonymous execution was successful." in the results box?

System.Debug('Hey There!');

Thanks!

Hi,

is it possbile to delete custom fields from a custom objects by using the metadata api in eclipse ? 

Currently when I do this, the .object files is refreshed with the previous content.

Thanks in advance

Would there be any downside to creating a seperate class from your controller to handle the data manipulation?

for example:

public class DataLayer { public void updateList(List<SObject> aList) {update aList;} }

This new class could either be abstract or an inner class,

basically it would serve the purpose of moving all data interaction through a class (layer) so you could do quick trigger like things without creating triggers

Does this approach cause any type of issue or problem?  I am not asking if it is redundant, just if there is anything wrong with doing it that way.

Thanks.

What am I doing wrong? I'm logged in as the administrator for an enterprise account.

Thanks,

Jon

• December 22, 2009

Hi,

We're currently have a Salesforce Enterprise license and I'm wondering as if is there a way we can bring all of our existing data from our Production environment to our Sandbox environment so that we can do some performance tests.  Any idea is welcome.

Thanks,

bear_2001

The Spring '10 release of the Force.com IDE contains the following major new features:

• Eclipse 3.5 Support
    • Use the Force.com IDE with Eclipse Platform 3.5 (Galileo).
  • New Metadata Support in Spring '10
    • Business Processes
    • Entitlement Templates
    • Data Category Groups
    • Enhancements to Schema, Dashboards, Reports, Workflow and more, including Action Overrides, Lookup Filters, and List Views on Standard Objects.
  • Documentation and User Assistance
    • All documentation has been updated with Spring '10 content, including the new Force.com Workbook based on the Warehouse application.

For more information, see the Force.com IDE Release Notes.

To get started, visit the installation instructions for Eclipse 3.5.

Jon
salesforce.com Product Manager

• April 20, 2010

The Force.com IDE for Spring '10 was originally scheduled for release this week, following completion of the Spring '10 server rollouts.  With the rescheduling of those final Spring '10 rollouts, we are also rescheduling the release of the Force.com IDE for Spring '10.

The new release date for the Force.com IDE for Spring '10 will be the week following the final Spring '10 server upgrade.  This date will be announced on Friday, February 19th.

Jon

• February 16, 2010

The Summer '09 release of the Force.com IDE contains the following major new features:

• Eclipse 3.4 Support lets you use the Force.com IDE plugin with the Ganymede release of the Eclipse Platform.Beginning with Summer '09, Eclipse 3.2.2 is no longer a supported platform.
  • New Metadata Support in Summer '09 adds Analytic Snapshots, as well as updates to the formats for Schema Objects, Apex, Visualforce, and more.
  • Summer '09 Upgrade Wizard seamlessly upgrades any Force.com project created in the Spring '09 or Winter '09 IDE. 

Find all the details in the Force.com IDE for Summer '09 Release Notes.

Ready to upgrade?  Just open the Force.com Start Page (Help > Show Force.com Start Page) and click Check for Updates. Detailed instructions.

First time user?  Follow these instructions to get coding with the Force.com IDE for Summer '09.

Want to learn more?  Read An Introduction to the Force.com IDE or visit the Force.com IDE home page

• June 16, 2009

The Summer '09 release of the Force.com IDE contains the following major new features:

• Eclipse 3.4 Support lets you use the Force.com IDE plugin with the Ganymede release of the Eclipse Platform.Beginning with Summer '09, Eclipse 3.2.2 is no longer a supported platform.
  • New Metadata Support in Summer '09 adds Analytic Snapshots, as well as updates to the formats for Schema Objects, Apex, Visualforce, and more.
  • Summer '09 Upgrade Wizard seamlessly upgrades any Force.com project created in the Spring '09 or Winter '09 IDE. 

Find all the details in the Force.com IDE for Summer '09 Release Notes.

Ready to upgrade?  Just open the Force.com Start Page (Help > Show Force.com Start Page) and click Check for Updates. Detailed instructions.

First time user?  Follow these instructions to get coding with the Force.com IDE for Summer '09.

Want to learn more?  Read An Introduction to the Force.com IDE or visit the Force.com IDE home page

• June 16, 2009

Salesforce.com has just released a minor update to the Force.com IDE for Spring '09.  The new release is version 15.0.2 and it is available on the normal update site at http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install.

This release contains the following changes:

• Resolves issue with missing components in Choose Metadata components dialog when connecting to an organization containing a managed package.
  • Resolves compatibility issues with some third party Eclipse plugins.

We recommend all users upgrade to take advantage of these changes.

Jon

• April 21, 2009

Salesforce.com has just released a minor update to the Force.com IDE for Spring '09.  The new release is version 15.0.2 and it is available on the normal update site at http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install.

This release contains the following changes:

• Resolves issue with missing components in Choose Metadata components dialog when connecting to an organization containing a managed package.
  • Resolves compatibility issues with some third party Eclipse plugins.

We recommend all users upgrade to take advantage of these changes.

• April 21, 2009

A new maintenance release of the Spring '09 IDE (15.0.1) is now available on Developer Force.  This release includes the following enhancements:

Force.com IDE for Spring '09 Maintenance Release

• Execute Anonymous now uses proxy settings on all platforms.
  • Erroneous validation warnings in the Visualforce Editor for <apex:*> and <c:*> tags are now disabled.
  • The Apex Editor no longer includes an extra curly brace.
  • The Apex Editor now includes assist suppport for:
    • Collection templates (for example, List<Account> )
    • Trigger.new and Trigger.old maps in Apex triggers
    • Public fields on Apex system classes (e.g. DMLOptions.assignmentRuleHeader)
    • Enums on Apex system classes (for example, ApexPages.Severity.ERROR)

Ready to upgrade?  Just open the Force.com Start Page (Help > Show Force.com Start Page) and click Check for UpdatesDetailed instructions.

First time user?  Follow these instructions to get coding with the Force.com IDE for Spring '09.

Want to learn more?  Read An Introduction to the Force.com IDE or visit the Force.com IDE home page.

Message Edited by JonP on 03-26-2009 04:19 PM
  • March 26, 2009

A new maintenance release of the Spring '09 IDE (15.0.1) is now available on Developer Force.  This release includes the following enhancements:

Force.com IDE for Spring '09 Maintenance Release

• Execute Anonymous now uses proxy settings on all platforms.
  • Erroneous validation warnings in the Visualforce Editor for <apex:*> and <c:*> tags are now disabled.
  • The Apex Editor no longer includes an extra curly brace.
  • The Apex Editor now includes assist suppport for:
    • Collection templates (for example, List<Account> )
    • Trigger.new and Trigger.old maps in Apex triggers
    • Public fields on Apex system classes (e.g. DMLOptions.assignmentRuleHeader)
    • Enums on Apex system classes (for example, ApexPages.Severity.ERROR)

Ready to upgrade?  Just open the Force.com Start Page (Help > Show Force.com Start Page) and click Check for UpdatesDetailed instructions.

First time user?  Follow these instructions to get coding with the Force.com IDE for Spring '09.

Want to learn more?  Read An Introduction to the Force.com IDE or visit the Force.com IDE home page.

Message Edited by JonP on 03-26-2009 04:19 PM
  • March 26, 2009

We're looking into officially supporting Eclipse 3.4 in an upcoming release of the Force.com IDE.  If you've tried to install the IDE plugin into Eclipse 3.4, please help us by sharing your experiences here.

• What issues, if any, did you experience while installing the IDE in Eclipse 3.4?
  • What features, if any, failed to work in Eclipse 3.4?  Were you able to resolve any of these issues yourself?
  • What features worked normally in Eclipse 3.4?  Have you used the IDE in Eclipse 3.3 or 3.2.2, for comparison?

Your feedback is invaluable to usin ensuring a high quality release.

Thanks,

Jon

• March 05, 2009

Announcing the release of the Force.com IDE for Spring '09!  The latest release of the Eclipse plug-in for Force.com development contains the following major new features:

• Apex Editor Code Assistance provides Apex code completion suggestions for user-defined classes, system classes, and schema objects.  Real-time code parsing highlights syntax errors and updates the outline view as you type.
  • New Metadata Support in Spring '09 adds Custom Sites, Customer Portals, and Partner Portals, as well as enhancements to Schema Objects, Profiles, and Reports.
  • Spring '09 Upgrade Wizard seamlessly upgrades any Force.com project created in the Winter '09 (v14) IDE.
  • Documentation and User Assistance adds the Force.com Web Services Developer's Guide to Eclipse online help, featuring everything you need to know about creating Web Service API clients and writing SOQL queries.

Find all the details in the Force.com IDE for Spring '09 Release Notes.

• February 19, 2009

Announcing the release of the Force.com IDE for Spring '09!  The latest release of the Eclipse plug-in for Force.com development contains the following major new features:

• Apex Editor Code Assistance provides Apex code completion suggestions for user-defined classes, system classes, and schema objects.  Real-time code parsing highlights syntax errors and updates the outline view as you type.
  • New Metadata Support in Spring '09 adds Custom Sites, Customer Portals, and Partner Portals, as well as enhancements to Schema Objects, Profiles, and Reports.
  • Spring '09 Upgrade Wizard seamlessly upgrades any Force.com project created in the Winter '09 (v14) IDE.
  • Documentation and User Assistance adds the Force.com Web Services Developer's Guide to Eclipse online help, featuring everything you need to know about creating Web Service API clients and writing SOQL queries.

• February 19, 2009

• February 19, 2009

A new maintenance release of the Winter '09 IDE (14.0.2) is now available on developer.force.com.  This release includes the following enhancements:

• Resolves Eclipse 3.2 compatibility issues for "Choose Metadata Components" dialog
  • Provides progress feedback when retrieving list of metadata components from server
  • Minor usability enhancements in Add/Remove Metadata Components
  • Improved error handling

How to Upgrade
Upgrading your Winter '09 Force.com IDE to this latest release couldn't be easier.  Simply open the Force.com Start Page (Help > Show Force.com Start Page) and click "Check for Updates" in the upper right corner.

Force.com IDE Resources

• December 12, 2008

A new maintenance release of the Winter '09 IDE (14.0.2) is now available on developer.force.com.  This release includes the following enhancements:

• Resolves Eclipse 3.2 compatibility issues for "Choose Metadata Components" dialog
  • Provides progress feedback when retrieving list of metadata components from server
  • Minor usability enhancements in Add/Remove Metadata Components
  • Improved error handling

How to Upgrade
Upgrading your Winter '09 Force.com IDE to this latest release couldn't be easier.  Simply open the Force.com Start Page (Help > Show Force.com Start Page) and click "Check for Updates" in the upper right corner.

Force.com IDE Resources

• December 12, 2008
The Force.com IDE, a powerful client application for developing, testing and deploying Force.com applications, is now Generally Available.  To get started, visit the Force.com IDE page on developer.force.com.

The Winter '09 release of the Force.com IDE contains the following major new features:
  • New Metadata Support in Winter '09 includes new Analytics and Translation Workbench components, an expanded Custom Object definition, Apex class templates, and more.
  • Metadata Component Directory displays a complete list of the metadata components in your organization available for downloading into your Force.com project.
  • Simpler Project Structure removes package folders, so metadata components are easier to find and synchronize regardless of what packages they are in.
  • Documentation and User Assistance adds 40 new IDE topics, context-sensitive help for all IDE dialogs, wizards, and actions, and the complete Force.com platform documentation and tutorials.
  • Usability Enhancements add a friendly Start Page and improve wizards, screens, commands, editors, and error handling in the Force.com IDE.
Get an overview of all the IDE from An Introduction to the Force.com IDE, learn about what’s new in the Winter '09 Release Notes, or jump right in with the installation instructions.

Note:  There is no direct upgrade path from previous Developer Preview releases to the Winter ’09 Force.com IDE GA.  Please see the release notes for more details.

• October 28, 2008
We've posted this on the Force.com IDE pages on developer.force.com before, but I wanted to remind everyone on the boards that the Force.com IDE is compatible with Eclipse 3.3.x and 3.2.2 only.

We have not tested the IDE with Eclipse 3.4, and while this is on our roadmap we do not know if or when it will actually be blessed.

Today we learned from Steve Andersen at gokubi.com and Scott Hemmeter of Arrowpointe that in Eclipse 3.4, deleting a Force.com Project from the Package Explorer may risk deleting the metadata components in your project from the server as wellWe have confirmed this behavior does NOT affect Eclipse 3.3.x or 3.2.2.

Until salesforce.com announces Force.com IDE compatibility with Eclipse 3.4, we strongly recommend sticking to Eclipse 3.3.

Jon

• August 22, 2008
The salesforce.com Development as a Service team has just released the Force.com Migration Guide, an instruction manual for using the Force.com Migration Tool to move metadata between your Salesforce organizations.

View the Force.com Migration Guide online or download the PDF, or visit the Force.com Documentation Library for a complete list of online product documentation.

• July 02, 2008
The salesforce.com Development as a Service team has just released the Force.com Migration Guide, an instruction manual for using the Force.com Migration Tool to move metadata between your Salesforce organizations.

View the Force.com Migration Guide online or download the PDF, or visit the Force.com Documentation Library for a complete list of online product documentation.

• July 02, 2008
Summer '08 Metadata API Support adds the following Salesforce components:
  • Home Page Components
  • Home Page Layouts
  • Page Layouts
  • Validation Rules
  • Workflows
Project Contents Selection lets you control what to download:
  • All packages and default unpackaged components (identical to previous releases)
  • Single package
  • Selected metadata types only
  • None (if loading project from version control system)

Usability Enhancements
  • Simplified connection options in the New Force.com Project wizard
  • Refresh objects list from within the New Apex Trigger and New Workflow wizards
  • Force.com Projects now use Eclipse proxy server settings, rather than per-project settings
  • Improved stability and performance

Resources
Visit the IDE Home Page on developer.force.com, or jump straight to the information you want:

Message Edited by JonP on 06-19-2008 02:05 PM
  • June 17, 2008
Summer '08 Metadata API Support adds the following Salesforce components:
  • Home Page Components
  • Home Page Layouts
  • Page Layouts
  • Validation Rules
  • Workflows
Project Contents Selection lets you control what to download:
  • All packages and default unpackaged components (identical to previous releases)
  • Single package
  • Selected metadata types only
  • None (if loading project from version control system)

Usability Enhancements
  • Simplified connection options in the New Force.com Project wizard
  • Refresh objects list from within the New Apex Trigger and New Workflow wizards
  • Force.com Projects now use Eclipse proxy server settings, rather than per-project settings
  • Improved stability and performance

Resources
Visit the IDE Home Page on developer.force.com, or jump straight to the information you want:

Message Edited by JonP on 06-19-2008 02:05 PM
  • June 17, 2008

Hi,

we are using the migration tool and Ant for the deployment. Today I wanted to retrieve and deploy only Search Layouts for two custom objects. This should be possible as Search Layouts are a supported component type. That is what the documentation says (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/Content/daas_package.htm#component_types).

But in contrast to the documentation it was not possible to retrieve the Search Layouts for my custom object because the component type is not known to the meta data API:
[sf:retrieve] package.xml - Unknown entity:SearchLayouts

I also tried to list all components for that metadata type using <sf:listMetadata> but got a similar error message:
com.sforce.ws.SoapFaultException: INVALID_TYPE: Unknown type:SearchLayouts

At last I did a describe metadata types using <sf:describeMetadata> and found out that the component type SearchLayouts is not listed in the result file.

I did some tests for other 'supported component types' according to the documentation and found out that it's the same for the following types. They all are NOT supported:

• Picklist
  • SearchLayouts
  • Weblink
  • and so on (you can check that out by your own)

It would be great if Salesforce could enable the functionality for all component types that are listed in the documentation. Or remove this types from the doc.

Thanks
Felix

I'm working in a two man dev team - we're using the IDE and each of use have our own dev org. We're using Subclipse for version control. We came across what I think is bug or prehaps we're doing something wrong. Here goes

Dev1 changes the name of a field (Acct to Acc) in a sObject (insurance_policy__c) in his org and syncs the change to his IDE. This field has a lookup relationship with Account called insurance_policies. All changes are checked into svn.

Dev2 gets the latest version from SVN and loads it into his IDE. It sees that the sObject has changes. He then does a Save to Server  - it fails with an error that says that there is already a relationship called insurance_policies. It fails to recognise that only the field name has change and that this not a new field. The only work around is to manually rename the field directly in SF,  or rename the relationship name in the local metadata. The latter results in a new field and new relationships.

During a Save to Server SF should check and compare the incoming metadata and drop the fields that have been removed including relationships and accept the changed field and its relationships or even better just recognise a simple name change.

Hi.  Are Deployments (available through Monitor Deployments) capable of being queried?  I'd like to be able to query for deployments and get the overall code coverage, validate only flag, number of components, deployer, etc so that I can build dashboards against these.  Is that available or should I put something on Idea Exchange?

• August 12, 2010

Hi,

I have a trigger to be deployed to production.

The trigger assigns some Leads after a Business criteria to a Queue.

I have created that queue in sandbox and when i try to deploy the trigger through the Force.com IDE, it is raising an error in deployment plan, saying reference ID not valid.

since that queue ID is used in trigger, i guess i need to move the queue first to production which would have same ID.

So how do i first move my queue to production?

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

In the last few weeks, I've noticed an odd behavior within my Force.com IDE Projects. When I save changes to the server it goes through the save process as if successful, but the changes do not get saved to the server and the asterix still appears beside the code file.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix this.

I updated my projects to the lastest reslease prior to the emergence of this issue. I noticed that my production environment projects give a warning that they need to be updated; however this save issue appears even in my sandbox projects that updated successfully and have thrown no warnings.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone experiencing the problem installing the Force.com IDE and then install the Android SDK in Eclipse v3.5.2.

When I first installed the Force.com IDE in Eclipse it shows up the appropriate icon and I can trigger the Force.com IDE without any problem.

Then I installed the Android SDK , after the installation the IDE icon in Eclipse disappeared and also the Android icon in Eclipse never showed up.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Followed steps to download IDE 3.5 and got the following error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 19.0.0.201006111421 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 19.0.0.201006111421)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE Core 19.0.0.201006111421 (com.salesforce.ide.core 19.0.0.201006111421) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.core.resources [3.3.0,3.6.0)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Force.com IDE 19.0.0.201006111421 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 19.0.0.201006111421)
    To: com.salesforce.ide.core [19.0.0,20.0.0)

I have a new work pc ((Windows 7 64 bit) and want to install Force.com IDE

I downloaded the standalone Windows 64 installation and after configuring proxy settings as per the advice of our Tech Services proceeded to install but the Pulse installation seems to freeze half way through.

Tried the same installation on my home PC but seems to stop installing half way through "Installing Force.com IDE: Fetching software - 44.9 MB remains

Are there any detailed installation instructions for standalone installation. Or any advice?

I previously used Force.com under Eclipse on my Windows XP PC but only need Eclipse for Salesforce.

Screen grab 

• July 02, 2010

Hi,

Is there any tools to migrate salesforce config (include custom object, custom fields, vf pages, trigger, etc) and data with preserved the link (between account vs contact, etc) from 1 instance to other instance?

Thanks.

sq

Hi, it looks like FLS is not possible when creating new field using Eclipse.

So what is the easier way to do it?

My deploy from Ant failed this morning to a new "Developer Edition" org with this error; I have a few custom fields added to the User object. This deployment has been working fine and is run very frequently because we use continuous integration.

Does anyone have insight into this error?

Thanks,

Keith

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a sandbox but I can't find the link to do that.

I'm using a Developer Edition. I've been searching through the discussion board and all I found is Setup > Data Management > Sandbox.

Unfortunately, when I do Setup > Data Management, there's no Sandbox link there.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Regards,

Hizan

• June 07, 2010

Hi,

I think Apex Classes/Triggers can be migrated through Data-Loader. Can Anyone please suggest me any idea regarding this? I have no idea at all.

If the answer is "yes" then please tell me how to do this? (CSV file preparation/Mapping etc etc). And my Last question will be should I require Test-classes for that too?

Thanks in advance.

Nil.

I've tried to upload a trigger to sandbox via Eclipse but I get an error stating that the ORG is not enabled for deploying, I also get an error INVALID_TYPE: Cannot create ApexClass. So basically i CAN'T SAVE ANY CHANGES TO SANDBOX.

I've tried all sort of things such as changing the XML to Active ut it won't save the changes to sandbox. I dont know why it is doing this, since I've done all sort of triggers and some coding and never saw this issue in Sandbox, only in production.

Can anyone tell me what it is that I am not noticing or need to do?

This is the error I get when I try to save the trigger to Sandbox:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Save error: Not available for deploy for this organization PreventPortalUserOwner2.trigger _SANDBOX Shell Project/src/triggers line 0 Force.com save problem

Description Resource Path Location TypeSave error: Not available for deploy for this organization

I am trying to move a new app we created to our partner/de org (since we are only allowed 1 manage app in our dev org.  I pulled only the objects, pages, and classes used by the new application using Eclipse.  I then tried to push them to the new partner org.  I could not successfully push the pages or classes.  I tried just pushing the objects, and that showed me what the problem was.  Currently the object API names are all in the format nstest1__EDocument__c.  However, when I use Eclipse to deploy them to the new org, it strips out the 'nstest1__’ beginning.  This then breaks all of the existing code, and since the code wouldn’t run properly SF does not allow Eclipse to deploy it to the new org.

I guess I understand that object names are unique, but I don’t understand the point of the Deploy functionality if this is true.  I don’t see how the same code can exist on different orgs when the objects cannot be deployed to different orgs.

hi,

can anybody plz explain what is diffrence between develper edition and sandbox ?

Thanks,

daya

Hi!

I get the following malfunction from the latest version of Eclipse which differs slightly from the version shown on the salesforce.com installation documentation:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 16.0.0.200906151227)
  Missing requirement: Force.com IDE Deployment 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.deployment 16.0.0.200906151227) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui [3.3.0,3.5.0)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Force.com IDE 16.0.0.200906151227 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 16.0.0.200906151227)
    To: com.salesforce.ide.deployment [16.0.0.200906151227]

Can anyone please advise how to proceed to install the IDE?

:smileysurprised: