• 5 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We've started to get spam leads from our web-to-lead capability added to our corporate web site. I suspect our 'contact us' web form has been scraped and is now falsely being posted with bogus information. I may need to disabled this capability for the time being to get this siutation under control but what safe guards can Salesforce offer for this issue? It seems a form of CAPTCHA (completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart) would be the best solution. Anything to can offer? Please help. Regards, -- Mark
When creating a custom tab with a custom object, I can add attachments to that custom object. However, the Sforce documentation appears not to support that same functionality. Is that true?

Thanks.
-- Mark
There doesn't seem to be a way to add a custom link or scontrol to events. Is this limitation expected to change?

Thanks
I've added a custom field for tasks which I only want to show when listing activities for a custom object. I've updated the page layout for the custom object to display this new field (a picklist) in tasks (through the related list section) but when I create a task, this field doesn't display. Interestingly, the custom field column shows up in the "Open Activities" list. What am I missing?

Thanks
-- Mark
Greetings,

Is there a way to access a custom tab from frontdoor.jsp? I noticed that each custom tab I create gets it own GUID. But I'm not sure on how to get there from frontdoor. In addition, can I perform a query through the API to get the custom tab GUID rather than statically referring to it?

Thanks,
-- Mark

I'm able to successfully set the a user password using the 4.0 api.  However, the next time I login at SF, it brings me to the Change Password page saying that my password has expired which requires me to set my new password for the second time.  Can you tell me why?

Thanks.

p.s.

Also, it would be nice/helpful to provide a method to verify the old password.

The 10000 character limitation on the sql string for the query method limits the number of records that can be filter by IDs to approx. 340 records.  Any plans on removing the limitation?

We were alarmed to find that attempts to view our AppExchange's application datasheet (PDF file) were failing in Internet Explorer with the error: "The file could not be written to the cache". It turns out any AppExchange file download will fail if the AppExchange web page is displayed with HTTPS (SSL).

I think there's two fixes:
1) force all AppExchange pages to display non encrypted (HTTP).
2) Review header settings used to make sure they don't interfer with PDF downloads
  • The server sends the "Cache-Control: No Store" header.
  • The server sends the "Cache-Control: No Cache" header.

Who know how many customers were frustrated when attempting to get more information from AppExchange due to this issue.

Regards,

-- Mark

When creating a custom tab with a custom object, I can add attachments to that custom object. However, the Sforce documentation appears not to support that same functionality. Is that true?

Thanks.
-- Mark
There doesn't seem to be a way to add a custom link or scontrol to events. Is this limitation expected to change?

Thanks
Greetings,

Is there a way to access a custom tab from frontdoor.jsp? I noticed that each custom tab I create gets it own GUID. But I'm not sure on how to get there from frontdoor. In addition, can I perform a query through the API to get the custom tab GUID rather than statically referring to it?

Thanks,
-- Mark

I'm able to successfully set the a user password using the 4.0 api.  However, the next time I login at SF, it brings me to the Change Password page saying that my password has expired which requires me to set my new password for the second time.  Can you tell me why?

Thanks.

p.s.

Also, it would be nice/helpful to provide a method to verify the old password.

The 10000 character limitation on the sql string for the query method limits the number of records that can be filter by IDs to approx. 340 records.  Any plans on removing the limitation?