• 40 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

One of my user getting an alert after install Salesforce for Outlook, "Salesforce for Outlook was unable to open successfully. You'll need help from your administrator... Error in reading configuration: SFDCPassword Configuration Name:SFDCPassword at SFDC.Configuration.Server...." using windows XP with Office 2010.

any idea how to fix this?

I just create new DE org from https://developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/analytics-de
But, do not see the option to create "Event Monitoring Analytics App"

Help needed...
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/wave_analytics_enable_and_produce/modules/wave_dashboard_designer_basics/units/wave_add_key_metrics_evaluate_business

Error happened when click "Check Challenge" button
There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: MGXHGBCZ. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: 550: Value [[insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@76848be5, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@53082ca5, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@7b4243ed, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@5b2c9f3c, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@925ec1f, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@1b5a949a, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@726ef137]] for field [filters] can't be downgraded to API version 39.0.

same error for https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/wave_analytics_enable_and_produce/modules/wave_dashboard_designer_basics/units/wave_add_selectors_allow_filters

Is it possible to run a report to know where a field used in

- workflow
- field update
- apex class
- trigger
- page layout
etc.

If no, is there any free appexchange app can achieve this?

sq

We are looking for:

1. sf developer .
Requirement: experience code in Apex class, trigger, and visualforce page.

2. sf data admin .
Requirements:
- knowledge with salesforce.com database management
- export / import data to salesforce.com
- knowledge with Apex class, trigger in plus

Please email me your CV and salary request to johan@sqwarepeg.com

We are looking for:

1. sf developer based in China.

2. sf data admin based in China.
Requirements:

We are looking for:

1. sf developer based in India.

2. sf data admin based in India.
Requirements:

Hi,

Anyone have experience using API Web Service from Progress programming language?

I managed to login, but do not know how to put the serverurl and sessionid into sforceservice.

Any sample will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

regards,

sq

Hi,

is it possible to develop visualforce page with apex to make a signature pad using any writing tab like wacom or genius? If yes, how to start it? Thanks.

sq

Hi,

Can we stream video file in sfdc after upload to sfdc?

thanks. -- sq

Hi,

Can we get Used Data Space and % space used from sforce API ?

Thanks.

sq

Hi,

Is there any tools to migrate salesforce config (include custom object, custom fields, vf pages, trigger, etc) and data with preserved the link (between account vs contact, etc) from 1 instance to other instance?

Thanks.

sq

Hi,

Is salesforce.com have out of the box email broadcast feature to Lead and Contact with email template?

This can be use as promotion tool.

regards,

sq

Hi,

Is it possible or is there any API call to know object name using first 3 letters of object id,

without have to call DescribeGlobal + DescribeSObject, because it take too long to call all objects just to find out the object name from an object id.

Thanks.

sq

Hi,

I would like to build idea website like starbucks or dell ideastorm, how do I start?

I am currently use enterprise edition, do I need to buy more license or what?

Please advise and thanks.

sq

Looking for full time apex developer based in Beijing.

Please email johan@sqwarepeg.com if you are interested.

regards,

Johan 

Hi,

I use Outbound Message to send message to asmx end point. This process is success.

The endpoint call another web service and it work successfully.

My issue happen when asmx call web service, salesforce.com keep sending Notification

I check in Outbound Messaging Delivery Status and I log it, sfdc send the keep send the same Outbound Message ID.

But, If I do not call web service from asmx, it only send once. How do I fix this issue to make Outbound Message not keep sending notification?

sq

Hi,

Is it possible to run an apex class from .NET code?
Thx.

sq

Hi,

Why I cannot link Event to Account in relationship query, such as: Event.Account.Name ?

sq
Hi,

I try to call a web service from apex class. Generate from WSDL, enter path and Parse Error.

Failed to parse wsdl: Found more than one wsdl:portType. WSDL with
multiple portType not supported.

http://www.abn.business.gov.au/ABRXMLSearch/ABRXMLSearch.asmx?WSDL

What is the issue here? Is this web service not valid for apex?
But, I can call it and work nicely from Visual Studio.

Is this something need to improve by apex?

sq
Hi,

I get error "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." more frequently.
This is not happen all the times, but happen frequently, anyway how to handle this? thanks

sq

Hi,

Why I cannot link Event to Account in relationship query, such as: Event.Account.Name ?

sq
Hi,

I keep get "QUERY_TIMEOUT: Your query request was running for too long." when do query. Can anybody help....

sq
Hello,

I can't seem to complete this challenge.     Create a Lens Using a Polar Gauge Chart with Chart Icons

even though I think i did every think correct.  

Attached is the screenshot of what i have done.
Screenshot with Polar Gage selected

Can the Moderator or anyone help please

Thank you
Bo
I just create new DE org from https://developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/analytics-de
But, do not see the option to create "Event Monitoring Analytics App"

Help needed...
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/wave_analytics_enable_and_produce/modules/wave_dashboard_designer_basics/units/wave_add_key_metrics_evaluate_business

Error happened when click "Check Challenge" button
There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: MGXHGBCZ. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: 550: Value [[insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@76848be5, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@53082ca5, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@7b4243ed, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@5b2c9f3c, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@925ec1f, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@1b5a949a, insights.api.model.dashboard.FilterModel@726ef137]] for field [filters] can't be downgraded to API version 39.0.

same error for https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/wave_analytics_enable_and_produce/modules/wave_dashboard_designer_basics/units/wave_add_selectors_allow_filters
Hi everyone, 
I keep on getting the same Error message referenced below when working through the Build a Gauge Chart That Visually Identifies Regional Data Project.  Any insight is really appreciated.  I've tried creating a new DE and still keep getting the same error message.
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: DNJSHIOX

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
According to the requirement of Project  I have created Lense named worldwide_sales_with_flags. But still I am getting the error:User-added imageUser-added image
Hi,

I am on wave trailhead "Add Key Metrics to Evaluate Your Business" , While I have done requisite for the trail I am getting below error 

"Could not find the correct dashboard state. Please verify the endpoint and results are correct." 
User-added image
When I update a user's email, no email is sent to the new address, and the old email remains. The only way to change an email is to deactivate the user and create a new user. How can I change the email for an existing user?
Hi there, The below script works well on case list views. however the problem is with the refresh, after the page refresh list view changes to something else. It not showing the selected list view, instead it's showing the first view or random(not sure). 

Is there way to update records, refresh the list view and select the same list view ? 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/34.0/connection.js")} 

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Case)}; 
var newRecords = []; 

if (records[0] == null) 

alert("Please select at least one row") 

else 

for (var n=0; n<records.length; n++) { 
var c = new sforce.SObject("Case"); 
c.id = records[n]; 
c.Status = "Canceled"; 
c.ownerid='{!$User.Id}'; 
newRecords.push(c); 

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords); 
window.location.reload(); 
}

For the T-Shirt challange , I try to import the contacts_to_import.csv file which were downloaded from the challange page but I got the folowing error 
contacts_to_import.csv
There was a problem uploading the CSV file. Try again, or choose another file.

Hi,

I wrote a custom button that call a class to insert a pdf in chatter feed of a Custom Object.

This was successfully done with the code snippet below:-

global class  ImportFileToSF { 

Webservice static String  uploadPDF(Id testId) { 

Boolean isAnUpdate = false;

Http h = new Http(); 

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest(); 

string url = 'http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/salesforce_migration_guide.pdf'

url = url.replace(' ', '%20'); req.setEndpoint(url); 

req.setMethod('GET'); 

req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/pdf;'); 

req.setCompressed(true); 

req.setTimeout(120000); 

HttpResponse res = null

res = h.send(req); 

blob file = res.getBodyAsBlob(); 

blob oldFile = null;

FeedItem post = new FeedItem();

post.ParentId = testId;

post.ContentData = file;

post.ContentFileName = 'SF migration.pdf';

post.CreatedById = '005E0000000i4VFIAY';

post.Type='ContentPost';

post.Visibility = 'AllUsers';

insert post;

}    

}

Now the requirement is when I click the button again a new version of that document should be inserted.

Could some one give me a code snippet that does the job?

Hi,

Is there a way to identify if an opportunity is converted from lead or not in apex?

Thanks

Hi there

There is an Age field available on Opportunity reports. 

We are trying to find it to see how it is calculated, but can't find it anywhere.

Is it just a calculated field on the report?  If so, how do we find out how it calculates?

Thanks.

Roz
  • January 15, 2009
Hi,

sq