• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're trying to create a local copy of our Salesforce data.  We did a quick-and-dirty CSV import to get started, but everything is a varchar and we don't have any referential integrity.

How are people doing this on their local RDBMS systems?  I think I could build some "CREATE TABLE ..." strings in Java using describeSObject, but is there an easier way?  Or has someone already invented this wheel?

I'm already having problems using the 'field.getReferenceTo()' method.  It tells me that Contact.AccountId is a reference to the "Account" object, but I don't know to which field it is referring.  Of course, Contact.AccountId is a reference to Account.Id, but I don't see how to make that connection using the API.

How are you folks creating your local schema?  Is there a tool to read the enterprise.wsdl file and create ANSI SQL schema or something?

Thanks,

Adam

• January 20, 2005

We're trying to create a local copy of our Salesforce data.  We did a quick-and-dirty CSV import to get started, but everything is a varchar and we don't have any referential integrity.

How are people doing this on their local RDBMS systems?  I think I could build some "CREATE TABLE ..." strings in Java using describeSObject, but is there an easier way?  Or has someone already invented this wheel?

I'm already having problems using the 'field.getReferenceTo()' method.  It tells me that Contact.AccountId is a reference to the "Account" object, but I don't know to which field it is referring.  Of course, Contact.AccountId is a reference to Account.Id, but I don't see how to make that connection using the API.

How are you folks creating your local schema?  Is there a tool to read the enterprise.wsdl file and create ANSI SQL schema or something?

Thanks,

Adam

• January 20, 2005