• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can you access the salesforce.com plug from VBA Macros? If so, what are the subroutine/function names in the project and what are their parameters...

I would like (from a macro):

1) Login to sfdc
2) Refresh ALL reports (or even use Refresh Selected Reports and select the reports by name)

Richard
  • November 04, 2005
Can you access the salesforce.com plug from VBA Macros? If so, what are the subroutine/function names in the project and what are their parameters...

1) Login to sfdc
2) Refresh ALL reports (or even use Refresh Selected Reports and select the reports by name)

Richard
  • November 04, 2005
I found the problem...you need to download and use the latest version of the Office Edition for the new connector to work...I had 1.2.0.1 installed.

But this brings up another problem....I use the Office Edition extensively for internal use and for utilities we supply our clients.

I have opened 2 cases against the Office Edition re: bugs (#478411 and 458111)...both involve problems with the newer version of the Office Edition 1.3.1.10 vs. 1.2.0.1

I would like to use the sforce connector; however, the bugs mentioned above are forcing me to stay with the old version of the Office Edition.

So, my question is can you run a report from the sforce connector...this way I can write my own code and not rely on your (protected) Office Edition project.

To explain the bugs quickly....
a) the last modified date in the hidden worksheet is not getting properly updated in v1.3.1.10 (worked in v1.2.0.1)

b) if you reference cells in a sheet containing a imported report from sfdc, if on a subsequent refresh the number of rows decreases the referenced cells get a #REF!. Again, this occurs in v1.3.1.10 not v1.2.0.1.

For (b) I think you are not executing a ClearContents, but rather a "cut"...not sure.

So the best would be a bug fix to the Office Edition...then I can start using the connector for "new" work not retrofitting the report pull. However, I will do whatever to make it work.....
Can't seem to get this to work with Excel 2000....can't find an Add-In....

I know it is advertised as only working in Excel 2003.....but seems like it would be useful to be supported as far back a the Office Edition?
  • April 26, 2005

1) Login to sfdc

Richard
  • November 04, 2005
I found the problem...you need to download and use the latest version of the Office Edition for the new connector to work...I had 1.2.0.1 installed.

But this brings up another problem....I use the Office Edition extensively for internal use and for utilities we supply our clients.

I have opened 2 cases against the Office Edition re: bugs (#478411 and 458111)...both involve problems with the newer version of the Office Edition 1.3.1.10 vs. 1.2.0.1

I would like to use the sforce connector; however, the bugs mentioned above are forcing me to stay with the old version of the Office Edition.

So, my question is can you run a report from the sforce connector...this way I can write my own code and not rely on your (protected) Office Edition project.

To explain the bugs quickly....
a) the last modified date in the hidden worksheet is not getting properly updated in v1.3.1.10 (worked in v1.2.0.1)

b) if you reference cells in a sheet containing a imported report from sfdc, if on a subsequent refresh the number of rows decreases the referenced cells get a #REF!. Again, this occurs in v1.3.1.10 not v1.2.0.1.

For (b) I think you are not executing a ClearContents, but rather a "cut"...not sure.

So the best would be a bug fix to the Office Edition...then I can start using the connector for "new" work not retrofitting the report pull. However, I will do whatever to make it work.....