• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

We are seeing some strange behaviour with the email2case tool. The tool generally works well (apart from my previous post ) however we are getting some tickets being raised with no ticket origin set. and because of this it means that the auto response is not happening.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any thoughts on where to start looking? should I turn up the logging if so how?

thanks

Gareth

• September 08, 2005

Hello, we have started using the email2case tool in anger today (read - gone live).

We have faced an unexpected (but understandable) problem. If a user submits an email with the images embeded in the mail then it breaks the email2case. This scenario means that the image does not have a filename and so the parser has a problem with the null filename. it does not save it out or do anything at all except throw an exception. it will continue to do so until the email is moved out.

The problem has been described by others as I believe its the nullpointerexception in the getfilename method.

http://forums.sforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=sforceExplorer&message.id=89

Has anyone found this specific problem? more interestingly has anyone else found a fix for this or modified the code such that it handles the error better?

I am not a java programmer but am quite okay with a PC  so anything anyone has to offer would be great.

Many thanks for you time

Gareth

• September 07, 2005

Hello,

I have a question regarding email alerts.

If I have a case open I would like to be notified if an email comes into it (we use email2case so the emails automatically goes against the ticket).

Does anyone else have this working. I have started looking at a Konfabulator widget as in the example http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2005/08/ajax_toolkit_ko.html i need to get my head around the coding to see if i can work with this.

Does anyone know of an off the shelf solution or process to fix this?

Thanks for your help

Gareth

• September 02, 2005

Use of Email2Case in the world of SalesForce.

We are currently undergoing an evaluation of SalesForce.com. We are looking to use Email2Case however after reading some of the comments posted in this community I am not sure if we should. if anyone can help us with this area then we would be most grateful

The product does not seem to be supported by SalesForce.com will this change in time?

How do other companies feel about using a product that is not officially supported? This could be costly for us if we miss an SLA (more in image than cash) due to the application failing and not being noticed or because of network errors that are not reported.

Are there examples of code that will provide some of the more interesting functionality. Getting it to log a ticket was straightforward but we obviously want it to log against the contact and append it if the ticket already exists etc.

I thought that it didn't handle attachments (due to the read-me included saying it doesn't) but from messages in this forum it would seem that it does. Could someone let me know yes or no?

What sort of problems have people run into with it? I have seen some people have had problems with the message headers, does it log anything with this error or not?

Am I missing any points that I should be aware of?

Many thanks for your time

Gareth

• July 25, 2005

Hello,

I have a question regarding email alerts.

If I have a case open I would like to be notified if an email comes into it (we use email2case so the emails automatically goes against the ticket).

Does anyone else have this working. I have started looking at a Konfabulator widget as in the example http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2005/08/ajax_toolkit_ko.html i need to get my head around the coding to see if i can work with this.

Does anyone know of an off the shelf solution or process to fix this?

Thanks for your help

Gareth

• September 02, 2005

Hi,

We are thinking of using EmailToCase Agent and we were wondering about how this application should run in the background (it can't be a scheduled task?). Is it just clicking the bat file?  What happens when server is to be rebooted? 

Readme.txt has following:

To run the Email Agent now, on win32 you can use the supplied bat file
  email2case.bat and the agent will start polling your mail servers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

• September 02, 2005

We are experimenting with the email-to-case agent.

Is there a way to stop the creation of the follow-up task when the case is created from the email?