• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I need conceptual direction towards addressing 2 things. I want to do these 2 things, please read on, and provide your valuable advice/suggestion/tip.

1) I have created a custom object. I want that when ever a new record is added or an existing record is edited from this custom object, My application should be notified. I know about WorkFlow rules and alerts, but will they work for my custom object? Also, instead of getting an email alert, Is it possible to get a software alert (e.g. a callback ...etc) ?

2) I have added a custom field "PreviousOwnerId" to the "Lead" Object. When ever the owner of any Lead record changes, I want to save its previous owner id in this custom field. Any idea about this? Also, the real need is to find the previous owner id, (if not by saving it in a custom field, then by some other mechanism). Can we use Activities to track the change in owner id of a Lead ?

Please give your ideas and tips. I am quite a new one to this, so don't have much information about this. I would "Thankfully" welcome every suggestion.

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

PS: Language = VB.NET, Version = 6.0

Hi,

I want to track the changes done in the Lead object. If any Lead is Handled (ACCEPT button in the web site), what change are done on the record and where it goes, What was the previous OwnerId of that Lead record ... etc.

How come I acheive this. Any type of help, I will be most thankful ...

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

• September 05, 2005

Hi,

I have a requirement, in which I need to query for Leads object and get a list of all Lead information available in any of the QUEUES. This I am able to do.   :-)

I am evaluating the OwnerId field every time I get an update. I want to know a way, using which I can know that what was the previous value of the OwnerId field.

Can some one heps ?

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

• September 02, 2005
Hi,

I need conceptual direction towards addressing 2 things. I want to do these 2 things, please read on, and provide your valuable advice/suggestion/tip.

1) I have created a custom object. I want that when ever a new record is added or an existing record is edited from this custom object, My application should be notified. I know about WorkFlow rules and alerts, but will they work for my custom object? Also, instead of getting an email alert, Is it possible to get a software alert (e.g. a callback ...etc) ?

2) I have added a custom field "PreviousOwnerId" to the "Lead" Object. When ever the owner of any Lead record changes, I want to save its previous owner id in this custom field. Any idea about this? Also, the real need is to find the previous owner id, (if not by saving it in a custom field, then by some other mechanism). Can we use Activities to track the change in owner id of a Lead ?

Please give your ideas and tips. I am quite a new one to this, so don't have much information about this. I would "Thankfully" welcome every suggestion.

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

PS: Language = VB.NET, Version = 6.0

Hi,

I have a requirement, in which I need to query for Leads object and get a list of all Lead information available in any of the QUEUES. This I am able to do.   :-)

I am evaluating the OwnerId field every time I get an update. I want to know a way, using which I can know that what was the previous value of the OwnerId field.

Can some one heps ?

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

• September 02, 2005