• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Probably a stupid question, but I cannot figure this out.

I have a custom object that we will called "Main information".  This has simple info.  Then I have another custom object that we will name "Distribution List".  What I am looking to do is have multiple "Distribution Lists" tied to one or more "Main Information" records.

Example:
"Main Information" name = Test 1234
"Distribution List" name = List 1
"Distribution List" name = List 2
"Distribution List" name = List 3

List 1, 2, and 3 all tie (join) to Test 1234.

Then I add a "Main Information" name = New 1234, and want to tie Distribution List 1 and 2 to this new "Main Information" record.

Something like this...
                                     Custom Object 2           
                                 /
Custom Object 1  -     Custom Object 2
                                 \
                                     Custom Object 2
                                  /
                                 /
Custom Object 1    -   Custom Object 2

Possible?  All I am able to get is one lookup field at the "Disribution List" level, so I can only associate the Distribution List with one "Main Information" record.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Bill_G on 03-06-2006 03:17 PM

• March 06, 2006
I know this is probably a very simple thing, but I am stuck.

I am returning a custom checkbox field using AJAX (through SControl). I am then trying to do a if statement (if true, then...)

Here is that part of the code.

var CUSTOMFIELD = queryresult.get("customfield");
if (CUSTOMFIELD == true)
{
"CUSTOMFIELD is True"
};

I have tried

== true
== "true"
== 1

None seem to work. If I am getting the result, what value can I use? I put in an alert and the value returned says true.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Bill_G on 01-24-2006 11:05 AM

• January 24, 2006
We have a app. that runs to change record owners based on zip code. Basically mass reallignment of terroritories based on zip code. It changes the account owner, along with open activites, opps, contacts, etc...that are associated with the Account.

The issue we are having is the account owner is getting updated, but when trying to update the contact owners we get the error that the user is inactive. This doesn't happen on all records, though..just some.

I have tried to troubleshoot to see why it only happens on some, but perplexed. The owner of the account and contacts is indeed active. And the owner of the account is changed. So why would it error saying that is cannot update the contact owner because they are inactive....but changes the account owner to the same person? Any help or thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Here is the error:

SystemErr R Code: CANNOT_REPARENT_RECORD
SystemErr R Message: owner is inactive, cannot reparent record
  • October 14, 2005
Probably a stupid question, but I cannot figure this out.

I have a custom object that we will called "Main information".  This has simple info.  Then I have another custom object that we will name "Distribution List".  What I am looking to do is have multiple "Distribution Lists" tied to one or more "Main Information" records.

Example:
"Main Information" name = Test 1234
"Distribution List" name = List 1
"Distribution List" name = List 2
"Distribution List" name = List 3

List 1, 2, and 3 all tie (join) to Test 1234.

Then I add a "Main Information" name = New 1234, and want to tie Distribution List 1 and 2 to this new "Main Information" record.

Something like this...
                                     Custom Object 2           
                                 /
Custom Object 1  -     Custom Object 2
                                 \
                                     Custom Object 2
                                  /
                                 /
Custom Object 1    -   Custom Object 2

Possible?  All I am able to get is one lookup field at the "Disribution List" level, so I can only associate the Distribution List with one "Main Information" record.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Bill_G on 03-06-2006 03:17 PM

• March 06, 2006
I know this is probably a very simple thing, but I am stuck.

I am returning a custom checkbox field using AJAX (through SControl). I am then trying to do a if statement (if true, then...)

Here is that part of the code.

var CUSTOMFIELD = queryresult.get("customfield");
if (CUSTOMFIELD == true)
{
"CUSTOMFIELD is True"
};

I have tried

== true
== "true"
== 1

None seem to work. If I am getting the result, what value can I use? I put in an alert and the value returned says true.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Bill_G on 01-24-2006 11:05 AM

• January 24, 2006