• 10 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Select Id, (Select Id, Subject, Location, ActivityDateTime From RecurringEvents) From Event

This query works in the Eclipse Schema Explorer, but I cant iterate the innerquery in an Apex trigger...any ideas?

Thanks
Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: NumberFormatException: For input string: "39
Class.CustomApprovalDeal.myCustomApprovalTest:"   

I keep getting these NumberFormatException errors when trying to save inside Eclipse, but when I use "Deploy to server" it seems to work.

Any ideas?  Or should I stick to using "Deploy to server"?

Message Edited by jf317820 on 03-11-2008 09:52 PM
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it in the Wiki, Apex docs, or search...

Is it possible to send an "outbound" message to an Apex class defined as a web service?
How do we detect whether there's an authenticated session in an air application?

thanks in advance

Message Edited by jf317820 on 01-18-2008 11:44 AM
Any chance the flex toolkit will be updated to allow the templateId to be set for an email message?

Thanks in advance.
perhaps i'm doing this incorrectly, but I'm trying to grab the User name using the following code:

Code:
for (var i:int=0;i<qr.records[j].Responsible_Party__r.records.length;i++)
{
  partyArray.addItem( { id:qr.records[j].Checklist_Comment__r.records[i].Id, who:qr.records[j].Checklist_Comment__r.records[i].User__r.Name, item:qr.records[j].Checklist_Comment__r.records[i].Checklist_Line_Item__c
} ); }

I keep getting "TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties." on the "who" line of the addItem method.  I know it's there because I've debugged it in Flex and I've tested the SOQL query in apex explorer 8.0. 

Any ideas?
I'm having trouble sending emails to multiple recipients via an scontrol

my code is as follows:

Code:
var addresses = ["test@xyz.com", "test2@xyz.com"];
singleRequest.subject = "test";
singleRequest.plainTextBody = "test";
singleRequest.htmlBody = "test";
singleRequest.toAddresses = addresses;
singleRequest.useSignature = false;
var sendMailRes = sforce.connection.sendEmail([singleRequest]);

the error I get is "The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup."  When I change the var addresses line to:

Code:
var addresses = "test@xyz.com";

it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

in the flex toolkit, is there a way to catch the "Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference." when a query returns a null value?  my problem is I have a query with a nested query and whenever the nested query returns zero records, the object is returned as "null" and the null reference message is thrown, even thwarting my best attempts at catching it.

thanks in advance
i have a swf embedded in an scontrol and i'm using it in a dashboard...the only problem being that the swf is being cached...how can i prevent this?

i've tried the headers:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

but no luck.

any ideas?
All,

I have a checklist about 75 fields long, each field being a picklist field with 3 values: "N/A, In Process, Complete."  The problem is, I have to create 75 corresponding date fields that serve to store the completion date for each item.

Do I label every field "Completion Date"?  The caveat being that the concatanation of the corresponding field label + " Completion Date" is becoming entirely too long.  If I do label each field simply "Completion Date" does this cause problems when generating reports because each field shows up as "Completion Date"?  How has anyone else accomplished a form similar to this?

Thanks in advance

Just a heads up, I've started a new Salesforce-oriented blog.
Are there plans to expand the approvals process to allow for more actions than simply an "approval" or a "rejection"?
 Code:
  var buildings = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Id, (Select Id, Name, Building_Street__c, Building_City__c, Building_State__c FROM Buildings__r) FROM Site__c WHERE Deal__c = '{!Opportunity.Id}'");

how do i get the length (or size) of the nested buildings query?

thanks in advance
I'm running a number of queries, but when one of them returns a null data set, it's prematurely terminating my script...am i missing something here...how can i move on with my script after the error is handled?  thanks in advance.
Does anyone know an effective method to pull a parent record and all its assocated children and grandchildren?

For example, I have an opportunity, but within the opportunity there are maybe 3 or 4 hierarchical levels of data in custom objects...is this just a matter of doing a bunch of queries?

Thanks in advance.
Hey guys,

I need help writing this SOQL-R query...I think I'm overanalyzing the query, but I haven' been able to figure it out.

I want to select all opportunities where I own the opp or are a part of the opp team.

Thanks in advance.
Does anyone recall the Dreamforce session in which the "hack" for refreshing a related list was discussed.  I think the presenter was Dave Carroll.  I'm interesting in utilizing this method and I was wondering what the call was.

Thanks in advance.
I'm trying to test soql-r queries...is it simply a matter of linking up with the 8.0 api or do i need to reference the 8.0 ajax toolkit as well?

if it's simply an api issue, how can i link up with the prerelease 8.0 api?

Thanks in advance.
Has anyone attempted a mash-up of Xcelsius and Salesforce.com via XML mapping and Excel?  If so, help is needed.  If not, what's the easiest way to generate an XML file of data from the Salesforce.com web service that can be mapped to an Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.
Is there a way to limit the records displayed in a related list?  For example show only records that meet a specific criteria?  If not, is this in the pipeline?  Also, are there any further enhancements to related list capabilities in the pipeline?

Thanks!
Get an error on this ...

newEvent.AccountId = '0017000000NB5vCAAT';

I need to write new events with Apex. I'll need to set the AccountId to which the event is related.

I get an error : Error: Compile Error: Field is not writeable: AccountId at line 51 column 5

What can I do to write an AccountId to the AccountId field in Event?
Select Id, (Select Id, Subject, Location, ActivityDateTime From RecurringEvents) From Event

This query works in the Eclipse Schema Explorer, but I cant iterate the innerquery in an Apex trigger...any ideas?

Thanks
Is it possible to get the day of the week ("Friday") from Date or DateTime?

Thanks in advance
Please anybody can help regarding dynamic query building in Apex. For example I have a variable

String sSql = 'Select Id, Name from User';

User[] userObjs;
userObjs = [sSql];

Here in the above step it throwing synax error.  Please help me regarding this, how I can form dynamic query.

• April 04, 2008
Here is my code. I am using XMLReader class. Please let me know how to parse the xml to get the error-code and error-desc

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project-entities>
<error>
    <error-code>Failure</error-code>
    <error-desc>I dont know</error-desc>
</error>
</project-entities>

I would like to select all objects (e.g. opportunities or other)  with CloseDate within next 7 days. I am trying to use the following code:

Code:
date MyDate = system.today().adddays(7);

Opportunity[] opps = [select name from Opportunity where CloseDate < MyDate];

but I am getting "Compile Error: unexpected token: MyDate at line..."

What expression should I use for my query?

I was happily using the new IDE yesterday as I created my first Apex email service. I deployed it successfully to production and the service successfully processed inbound email.

Today, I can't deploy changes I've made. In the deployment wizard, I get a null pointer error as it's trying to develop a deployment plan.

I changed my class code, but there are no errors and the tests pass, so not sure why it would be bombing like this.

Any ideas what this might be or how to troubleshoot such an error in deployment?

Thanks,

Steve
Hi,

How can we aceess or use "ASP.net WSDL" in Apex class.
when i am trying to use this its give the following error
"Failed to parse wsdl: Found more than one wsdl:binding. WSDL with multiple binding not supported"

Please help

• February 20, 2008
I have a sales order object and want to update a field on all the records, but i keep getting errors about governor limits
can anyone give me a quick pseudo code on how to do it, thanks.
Hi,

Can anybody help me in addressing the following error..

when i am trying to deploy a trigger from sandbox to production instance using Eclipse 3.3.1.1 i am getting "Null pointer : Exception error".

But the same trigger i am able to deploy from sandbox to developer instance with out any error..

I am using API 11.1 version..and eclipse 3.3.1.1 

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

Is there a way to access data through a parent child relationship without using a querry?

I have an object Vehicle__c where the field Driver__c is a lookup to a Contact. I would like to have the AccountId of that contact. I tried the following, but it returns always null (although the AccountId of that Contact is not null):

for(Vehicle__c vehicle : System.trigger.new){

System.debug('vehicle.Driver__r.AccountId = '+vehicle.Driver__r.AccountId);

}

Is there another way, or do I have to use a querry?

Thanks for your help,

François de Bergeyck

Hi,

I am tried to set the selected datetime value in a reminderdatetime field of task object in the following format.
  1. Complete date plus hours and minutes:
      YYYY-MM-DDThh:mmTZD (eg 1997-07-16T19:20+01:00)
  2. Complete date plus hours, minutes and seconds:
      YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD (eg 1997-07-16T19:20:30+01:00)
  3. Complete date plus hours, minutes, seconds and a decimal fraction of a
     second
      YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sTZD (eg 1997-07-16T19:20:30.45+01:00)
but it gives me error when i try to use above format.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Exception :
{faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring:''2007-12-25T00:00:00+05.5:30' is not a valid value for the type xsd:dateTime', }
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to set the value in this datetime field by using following code 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
var strReminderDate = document.getElementById("ReminderDateTime").value;//strReminderDate = yyyy/mm/dd
var strTime = document.getElementById("cboReminderDateTime").value //strTime = 00:00(hh:mm)
var remdateArr = new Array();
remdateArr = strReminderDate.split("/");
var remnewDate = remdateArr[2]+"/"+remdateArr[0]+"/"+remdateArr[1]+" "+strTime+"Z";
task.ReminderDateTime = new Date(remnewDate);
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So how do I assign the selected date & time in the ReminderDateTime field 
of Activity Object through javaScript.
Thanks & Regards
Rameshwar
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I couldn't find it in the Wiki, Apex docs, or search...

Is it possible to send an "outbound" message to an Apex class defined as a web service?
How do we detect whether there's an authenticated session in an air application?

thanks in advance

Message Edited by jf317820 on 01-18-2008 11:44 AM
I'm new to Apex - so sorry for asking a simple question.  I see where I can add a trigger to regular objects.  Where do you add a trigger to a custom object?  (I'm talking about using the UI directly rather than going through eclipse.)

Thanks.

Franco
  • January 13, 2008
I have used apex.query to query Salesforce and then I use a function to generate an XML object.
Code:
[Bindable]
private var myDevNotes:XML = <notes></notes>;

private function loadDevNotes():void
{
//Apex Query code removed for brevity
for (var j:int=0;j<qr.records.length;j++)
{
var newNote:XML =
<note sfid= {qr.records[j].Id}>
<name>{qr.records[j].Name}</name>
<detail>{qr.records[j].QA_Detail__c}</detail>
<createdBy>{qr.records[j].CreatedById}</createdBy>
<lastModified>{qr.records[j].LastModifiedDate}</lastModified>
</note>;
myDevNotes = myDevNotes.appendChild(newNote);
}
} 

Does anyone know of a way to then output this xml (myDevNotes) to an XML file, such as "data/devNotes.xml" ?

Thanks,
Colin
Any chance the flex toolkit will be updated to allow the templateId to be set for an email message?

Thanks in advance.
I've got a project that is a production org. When I try to make custom field changes I get this:

Unable to perform save on all files: AxisFault: INVALID_OPERATION: rollbackOnError option must be true on a production org

Any clue on what this means and how to get around it?

Thanks!

Steve