• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using Excel SForce Connector, which is a great tool when compared to what you can't do in SalesForce without it, but what I really need is an SForce Connector for Microsoft Access that would let me bring data down into Access tables directly, and to update SalesForce from Access. 

Why do I need this?  I'm doing a lot of prospecting work to find contact names and addresses for a specific group of opportunities (we sell advertising in "guides" and companies with products related to the topic of a guide are our prospects) and then postal mailing them an advertising media kit.

To do this I query SalesForce for opportunities, accounts, and contacts. I do my research in Excel and then add or update the information I find about accounts and contacts back into SalesForce.  Then I copy all that information into Access and create a join so I can print letters and labels using my Dymo label printer.  (As far as I know I can't do this latter in SalesForce because:

• SalesForce won't let me create a report with two joins (grrr), and

• SalesForce doesn't support my Dymo label printer

So a Microsoft Access SForce Connector would be a godsend, but it would have to work with Professional Edition.  SalesForce, you've already got 80% of the work done in the Excel Connector; any chance of creating a Microsoft Access SForce Connector?

Using the Excel connector, is it possible to query for the accounts associated with a list of opportunities? Alternately, is it possible to query for accounts given a list of account IDs?

When I try to get all my accounts using the Excel connector by querying Account for System Modstamp > 1/1/2000, I get the following error and it doesn't look like all accounts can through.

Salesforce: Query()
    invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,
    type is: Account
    Application-defined or object-defined error

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?

I'm using the Professional edition.

When I try to use the Query Wizard I get a pop-up error "No table name found near $A$1" when I select "Contact" or "Lead."

When I select Opportunity or Account, it has no problems.

I'm using Professional Edition. What am I doing wrong?
    I am using Excel SForce Connector, which is a great tool when compared to what you can't do in SalesForce without it, but what I really need is an SForce Connector for Microsoft Access that would let me bring data down into Access tables directly, and to update SalesForce from Access. 

Why do I need this?  I'm doing a lot of prospecting work to find contact names and addresses for a specific group of opportunities (we sell advertising in "guides" and companies with products related to the topic of a guide are our prospects) and then postal mailing them an advertising media kit.

To do this I query SalesForce for opportunities, accounts, and contacts. I do my research in Excel and then add or update the information I find about accounts and contacts back into SalesForce.  Then I copy all that information into Access and create a join so I can print letters and labels using my Dymo label printer.  (As far as I know I can't do this latter in SalesForce because:

• SalesForce won't let me create a report with two joins (grrr), and

• SalesForce doesn't support my Dymo label printer

So a Microsoft Access SForce Connector would be a godsend, but it would have to work with Professional Edition.  SalesForce, you've already got 80% of the work done in the Excel Connector; any chance of creating a Microsoft Access SForce Connector?

Using the Excel connector, is it possible to query for the accounts associated with a list of opportunities? Alternately, is it possible to query for accounts given a list of account IDs?
      My company has a Professional account, English-language Salesforce.

I am currently trying to build an Excel app that can query my company's Salesforce account and make edits to certain fields. (Right now, what I'm trying to do is set up a system to collect tracking numbers for our outbound packages, and upload that data into Salesforce, all automatically. Once I have that built, I will be doing other projects along similar lines.)

I have the Excel Connector for Professional Edition. However, I need to be able to call the sfQuery and sfUpdate functions from my own macros. So far, I have not been able to work out how to do this. When I try the following:

Call sfQuery

...in my own project, I get "Sub or Function Not Defined." Is there something else I need to do in order to make this happen?
      When I try to use the Query Wizard I get a pop-up error "No table name found near $A$1" when I select "Contact" or "Lead."

When I select Opportunity or Account, it has no problems.

I'm using Professional Edition. What am I doing wrong?
      Can you access the salesforce.com plug from VBA Macros? If so, what are the subroutine/function names in the project and what are their parameters...

I would like (from a macro):

1) Login to sfdc
      2) Refresh ALL reports (or even use Refresh Selected Reports and select the reports by name)

Richard
      • November 04, 2005
      Hi All,

I've downloaded the sforce_connect_for_pe.xla. Is that not the open source version of Sforce connector because it prompts me for password. Thanks.

Sincerely
      Jeremy
      • November 02, 2005