• 1635 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can hackathon submissions utilize 3rd party APIs?

Hi.

Cant get to any of the docs that require a DFC login (ex. cookbook, library, etc). I am a DFC member but when i attempt to log in, i get an error. I have been getting this error for weeks thinking it would be fixed. Does anyone have these docs they could email me?

Thanks

Chris

(If there's a better place to post this question, please let me know. Thx.)

I'm trying to figure out how to enable my new Winter 09 Developer Edition Org for Sites Developer Preview. I'm following the directions in Tutorial #8, Create a Public Web Page Using Force.com Sites (http://www.adnsandbox.com/df08/workbook-sites.pdf):

Step 1: Enable your Developer Edition Organization for Sites Developer Preview

Force.com Sites is currently in developer preview. As such, functionality is subject to change.

To enable your Developer Edition organization for Sites Developer Preview:

1. Open a browser and navigate to http://developer.force.com/sitespreview.
2. Fill out the new member form or use the existing member shortcut.

In a few moments, Force.com Sites will be enabled for your Developer Edition organization.
You can verify that Force.com Sites has been enabled for your Developer Edition organization by clicking Setup➤Develop.
You should see the link for Sites.

When I go to http://developer.force.com/sitespreview, I get a page where I can register for the webinar using the existing member shortcut, which I've done. However, there's nothing that refers to enabling Sites for my Developer Edition org. I've waited at least 15 minutes since registering (more than the "few moments" that the tutorial says), and when I go to Setup / Develop, I don't see the link for Sites.

How do I enable Force.com Sites in my Developer Edition org?

Thanks,

Jeri

Using PHP to add Attachments

Does anyone have a complete piece of PHP code to add attachments?

(PHP5/API7).

I’m getting “INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'sObject' is not supported.”

Thx – joshQ

• June 06, 2006

As a member benefit of the Developer Force community, you can get first access to developer previews and special programs.  Starting yesterday evening, if you are from one of the 59 countries in the Asia-Pacific region (with the exception of Japan) and sign up for a free Developer Edition environment (aka organization), you will be provisioned an environment on our new APAC data center located in Singapore! 

Because of the proximity to the Asia-Pacific region, users in this region will get the best possible performance and network response time. This new data center was developed to the same industry-leading quality and service delivery specification as our facilities located in the U.S. Additionally, it benefits from being on our next-generation database clustering technology.

If you are from this region, you have to sign up for a new account to get hosted on the new data center, even if you have an existing Developer Edition environment.  Sign up at http://developer.force.com/join.  Share the good news with your partners and peers!

Once you get your new environment and log in, you will notice ap1.salesforce.com in the browser URL.

Paying customers (i.e. production orgs) will be phased in after the Summer '09 release later this year.

If you have any feedback on the new data center, simply reply to this discussion board thread.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 04-06-2009 05:28 PM
The PHP toolkit provides you an easy way to make Web service API method calls.

Newly supported or enhanced in this release are:
* Metadata API
* Email
* Merge
* Workflow
* EmptyRecycleBin
* Proxy Server
* LoginScopeHeader
* Header Options at the Connection Level

Click this link to enjoy.  Be sure to check out the extensive Samples section as well.

The new PHP Toolkit 1.1 Beta is out!  The toolkit now supports the 9.0 API as well as the Enterprise WSDL for the first time.  Some of the new features include:  merge, undelete, queryAll, and API Relationships.  A special thank you to hemm, Claiborne, and Bill Eidson for the early testing and feedback. 

Go get it here:  PHP_Toolkit_1.1 wiki page

Written in Java, a tool for power admins and developers to help in updating fields on large number of records.

Check it out here:  https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Mass_Update_Anything

The Self-Service Portal Toolkit for PHP 5 is now on sourceforge.net.  Download from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=188531

This toolkit makes it easy to embed the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal within an existing PHP web application. It comes with a sample, Berkeley Frozen Pizza, that demonstrates how a web site can authenticate a user and then access the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal seamelessly--all without the need for two sign-ons.

Keep in mind that this is a 0.9.0 release, so feedback is especially welcomed.

Changes in version 0.9.1:
=========================
* Updated to PHP5 toolkit 1.0.5
* Added missing Users.xml

Message Edited by Tran Man on 05-11-2006 03:32 PM

PHP 5 Toolkit 1.0.2 has just been released to SourceForge.net.

The biggest change is that the Update and Upsert methods now take arrays of sObjects to handle multiple records.  Examples can be found in SforcePartnerClientTest.php.

Changes in version 1.0.2:
* Updated Upsert and Update methods to handle multiple records.
* Added capability to specify Client ID for Partner Apps.
* Test fixes.
* Minor doc fixes.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 03-20-2006 12:43 PM

We have moved the PHP 5 toolkit zip file to SourceForge.net.  Here is the URL:  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=183732

Changes in version 1.0.5:
* Fixed setClientID issue for Partners
* Updated documentation

Changes in version 1.0.4:
* Fixed setPassword and resetPassword methods.

Changes in version 1.0.3:
* Updated Create method to handle multiple records.
* Set the default encoding to UTF-8
* renamed constructor methods to __constructor

* Test fixes.
* Minor doc fixes.

Changes in version 1.0.1:
* Fixed query and queryMore to return all records (whether 1 or many) in an array.
* Consistent quotation marks.
* Moved getAccounts method to a separate file.
* Removed errant &=.
* Changed NULL checking to isset($variable).
* Updated sample code in documentation.
* Clear SOAP headers prior to logging in.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 05-11-2006 03:25 PM

As a member benefit of the Developer Force community, you can get first access to developer previews and special programs.  Starting yesterday evening, if you are from one of the 59 countries in the Asia-Pacific region (with the exception of Japan) and sign up for a free Developer Edition environment (aka organization), you will be provisioned an environment on our new APAC data center located in Singapore! 

Because of the proximity to the Asia-Pacific region, users in this region will get the best possible performance and network response time. This new data center was developed to the same industry-leading quality and service delivery specification as our facilities located in the U.S. Additionally, it benefits from being on our next-generation database clustering technology.

If you are from this region, you have to sign up for a new account to get hosted on the new data center, even if you have an existing Developer Edition environment.  Sign up at http://developer.force.com/join.  Share the good news with your partners and peers!

Once you get your new environment and log in, you will notice ap1.salesforce.com in the browser URL.

Paying customers (i.e. production orgs) will be phased in after the Summer '09 release later this year.

If you have any feedback on the new data center, simply reply to this discussion board thread.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 04-06-2009 05:28 PM
The PHP toolkit provides you an easy way to make Web service API method calls.

Newly supported or enhanced in this release are:
* Metadata API
* Email
* Merge
* Workflow
* EmptyRecycleBin
* Proxy Server
* LoginScopeHeader
* Header Options at the Connection Level

Click this link to enjoy.  Be sure to check out the extensive Samples section as well.

The new PHP Toolkit 1.1 Beta is out!  The toolkit now supports the 9.0 API as well as the Enterprise WSDL for the first time.  Some of the new features include:  merge, undelete, queryAll, and API Relationships.  A special thank you to hemm, Claiborne, and Bill Eidson for the early testing and feedback. 

Go get it here:  PHP_Toolkit_1.1 wiki page

Written in Java, a tool for power admins and developers to help in updating fields on large number of records.

Check it out here:  https://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Mass_Update_Anything

The Self-Service Portal Toolkit for PHP 5 is now on sourceforge.net.  Download from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=188531

This toolkit makes it easy to embed the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal within an existing PHP web application. It comes with a sample, Berkeley Frozen Pizza, that demonstrates how a web site can authenticate a user and then access the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal seamelessly--all without the need for two sign-ons.

Keep in mind that this is a 0.9.0 release, so feedback is especially welcomed.

Changes in version 0.9.1:
* Updated to PHP5 toolkit 1.0.5
* Added missing Users.xml

Message Edited by Tran Man on 05-11-2006 03:32 PM

PHP 5 Toolkit 1.0.2 has just been released to SourceForge.net.

The biggest change is that the Update and Upsert methods now take arrays of sObjects to handle multiple records.  Examples can be found in SforcePartnerClientTest.php.

* Test fixes.
* Minor doc fixes.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 03-20-2006 12:43 PM

We have moved the PHP 5 toolkit zip file to SourceForge.net.  Here is the URL:  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=183732

Changes in version 1.0.5:
* Fixed setClientID issue for Partners
* Updated documentation

Changes in version 1.0.4:
* Fixed setPassword and resetPassword methods.

Changes in version 1.0.3:
* Updated Create method to handle multiple records.
* Set the default encoding to UTF-8
* renamed constructor methods to __constructor

* Test fixes.
* Minor doc fixes.

Changes in version 1.0.1:
* Fixed query and queryMore to return all records (whether 1 or many) in an array.
* Consistent quotation marks.
* Moved getAccounts method to a separate file.
* Removed errant &=.
* Changed NULL checking to isset($variable).
* Updated sample code in documentation.
* Clear SOAP headers prior to logging in.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 05-11-2006 03:25 PM

Hi All,

during my work with apex, I had issue with searching data in maps of maps of maps... or combinations in lists. Sometimes I want to run a debug log and I want to see all values in fields. Salesforce put debug log into long string only, so it's hard to read. After time, I desided to create a new tool, which parse salesforce log into nice format for easy reading. Try it, and say if you like it. Feel free to request some improvements and ideas for implementing

http://www.cassacloud.com/nice-salesforce-debug/

enjoy!

PS: if you do not have any debug try this one:

16:55:49:253 USER_DEBUG [59]|DEBUG|{Best Case=(), Closed=(OppInfoTotal:[OppCategory=Closed, OppId=MyId, OppName=TestOPP1, OppProjectType=null, OppV2Practice=null, sumTotals=(sumQuarterRow:[RevenueType=Deposit, SumOfRow=null, month1=1.0, month2=0, month3=3.6], sumQuarterRow:[RevenueType=Milestone, SumOfRow=null, month1=3.0, month2=0, month3=0])]), Commit=(OppInfoTotal:[OppCategory=Commit, OppId=myId, OppName=TestOPP2, OppProjectType=null, OppV2Practice=null, sumTotals=(sumQuarterRow:[RevenueType=Final, SumOfRow=null, month1=1.0, month2=2.5, month3=1.9])]), Pipeline=()}

Hello, what are the rules for the on-site finalist presentations? Main question: how much time will be given to present?

Thanks!

• November 02, 2013

The Hackathon Rules state: 

"That the demo video submitted is solely the work of you or your team, including but not limited to, the actual filming, editing, graphic design, etc. of the video"

Are we able to use pre-existing assets, designs, and materials we've built up prior to Dreamforce or does the video need to be made onsite with only a screencast?

• October 31, 2013

Can hackathon submissions utilize 3rd party APIs?

jEmail ID= Jaya@global.com

company name=global

How to split the global in the ID?

plz send code.

We are developing a php/ html5/css3 application running on our own LAMP server.

At this point we would like to be able to connect the mysq database php app on our web server to SF. 

Our intention is to have our contacts utilize the php app and portal running on our server and then use the REST API to sync contact data with SF so that we can utilize the CRM functionality.

Is this possible and if so could you suggest the best method to accomplish this?

Thanks,

David

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there'll be a PHP toolkit for the 21.0 API available soon?

I'm sure it's completely fine to use 20, but ideally we'd start with the latest one.

Stan

• February 11, 2011

Can any one tell me how can i implement a spell check functionality in salesforce.

I tried many things but nothing seems to be working inside salesforce..plz help...

Hi,

I've got a php import script, which moves data from webserver to salesforce.

Some data needs assignment rules during import and some not.

I have only one client for the whole script

$sf = new SforceEnterpriseClient();

and I enable my default assignment rule

$useAssignmentRule = new AssignmentRuleHeader(null , true);
$sf->setAssignmentRuleHeader($useAssignmentRule);

for an import function.

I'd like to know, what happens after setting the assignment rule. Is it valid for the whole script lifetime?

I thought, it doesn't but seems it does..

I recognized, that some other following import functions use the assignment rule as well and I don't need that. I just need enabled rule for some exceptional import cases.

How can I disable the assignment rule after the success exceptional import?

Thanks,

Viktor

hi,

can anybody plz explain what is diffrence between develper edition and sandbox ?

Thanks,

daya

Force.com Developers can have fun too! :)

<apex:page showHeader="false" controller="drinkingsong">
  <apex:repeat value="{!song}" var="s">
      {!s}<br/>
  </apex:repeat>
</apex:page>

public class drinkingsong {
    public String stanza(integer bottles){
        string stanza1;
        string stanza2;
        string stanza;
        if (bottles > 1){
            stanza1 = bottles + ' bottles of beer on the wall, ' + bottles +' bottles of beer. Take one down pass it around, ';
            bottles = bottles - 1;
            stanza2 = bottles + ' bottles of beer on the wall.';
        }else if(bottles == 1){
            stanza1 = '1 bottle of beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer. Take one down pass it around, ';
            stanza2 = 'No more bottles of beer on the wall. ';
        }
        stanza = stanza1 + stanza2;
        return stanza;
    }

public List<string> getSong(){
        integer bottles = 99;
        List<string> song = new List<string>();

while (bottles > 0){
            string stanza = stanza(bottles);
            song.add(stanza);
            bottles = bottles - 1;
        }
        return song;
    }
}	

I know there is are issues surrounding the use of Eclipse and the Force.com IDE on Windows 7 64-bit.  Here's what I've done and what I'm experiencing.

1. Uuninstalled the 64-bit JRE and installed the 32-bit version from the Sun website.

2. Installed Ganymede version of Eclipse from the Eclipse.org website

3. Followed the wiki instructions for installing the force.com IDE through the Eclipse software updates path.

Everything seems to install just fine.  I am able to create a Force.com project and download Apex components from my org and edit some of my triggers.

Then the trouble begins.  I close Eclipse and restart.  It is as if I never installed the Force.com IDE.  It does not show up in Perspectives or in New Project -> Other.  When I go to Help->Software Updates, Force.com IDE does show up as installed software.

Anyone have any suggestions to make this work on the 64-bit Windows 7 environment? 

I am considering "buying" a new laptop to complete my project.  Fortunately I have a Windows 7 upgrade license available.  I'm hoping to reinstall Windows 7 32-bit on this new machine over the 64-bit version (which is all that seems to come preloaded on anything anymore).  Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?

Thanks.

Hey all, if you have a chance, think about signing up for and coming to the mothership in San Francisco this Thursday for our latest developer meetup.

This one is slightly different in that it is only one track, and both sessions are Chatter-related. The first session is an intro to developing with Chatter, and the second session is an advanced Chatter development session. Like always, experts will be on hand to answer questions and give feedback.

We'll also feed you beer and pizza -- how good does it get? Hope to see you all there! Please sign up by clicking here!

• April 12, 2010

Hello All,

I'm in the process of trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can about development on the Force.com platform.  I've found a number of resources to look at on the Force.com site, including the incredibly intimidating 2400+ page "How to be Successful with Salesforce" eBook.  There is a huge amount of documentation, and I've found it difficult to tell where to start really, since there are so many eBooks they have available for download, each of which is anywhere from 200 to 600 pages in length

If cost were no object, I'd be signing up for the developer courses offered by Salesforce.com:

1. Dev 401 ($4,000)
  2. Dev 501 ($4,000)
  3. Dev 502 ($2,400)
  4. Dev 531 ($4,000)

That is so far beyond my training budget as an independent developer that it's just not even an option.  I got all excited when I saw that perhaps the 401 & 501 classes could be downloaded (for free, no less) as a podcast from the iTunes Music store... but it became quickly apparent that significant chunks of the hands-on coding part of the class are not there, making things difficult to really follow along with from a very early point in the series.  They're still a great source of information, but they seem more like a preview/teaser to the class than a suitable substitute.  I would gladly pay for some sort of online version of the course that was (a lot) less expensive than the in-person class, but no such thing seems to exist.  I would sign up for 3rd party training if it seemed to be of sufficient quality, and again, was affordable... but so far, I've not found anything useful.

Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of some resources I can use to gain the equivalent experience one might get from the courses Salesforce.com provides, without the accompanying bankruptcy forms I'd probably have to fill out if I took those courses?

Thanks in advance for any tips, hints or pointers!

Cheers,

Jon

Hi,

Does anyone know when the 2009 dreamforce hackathon is going to be held? I couldn't find it anywhere on the dreamforce site, but it was mentioned in an email I got recently :)

Thanks!

Scott

When I use Safari 4.03 (osx) to post nicely formatted code here, using the code block feature, the forum breaks the code formatting. I'm posting this here so I can refer to it in a case I am logging.

for (Lead l: trigger.new) { if (l.OwnerId == vendorQueueId && l.IsConverted == false && l.Source_type__c == Literal.groupNames.get('vendorRegistration') && l.ExternalId__c != null) { leads.add(l); } }

If I post the same code using FireFox, the formatting is not mangled.

I created a Plug-in for FireFox and IE7+ that searches the entire SFC Developer Community. The plug-in can be found at http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=salesforce+developer.

Enjoy,

Mike
Hi all,
Iam working on tutorials from Forcedotcom_workbookv2.pdf in eclipse 3.2 IDE.
As per the tutorial 8, step 1 in the above mentioned pdf file i have registered with developer sites preview
since then iam not getting the Force.com sites enabled.
Can any one pls guide me regarding this issue ....?
  • December 02, 2008
(If there's a better place to post this question, please let me know. Thx.)

I'm trying to figure out how to enable my new Winter 09 Developer Edition Org for Sites Developer Preview. I'm following the directions in Tutorial #8, Create a Public Web Page Using Force.com Sites (http://www.adnsandbox.com/df08/workbook-sites.pdf):

Step 1: Enable your Developer Edition Organization for Sites Developer Preview

Force.com Sites is currently in developer preview. As such, functionality is subject to change.

To enable your Developer Edition organization for Sites Developer Preview:

1. Open a browser and navigate to http://developer.force.com/sitespreview.
2. Fill out the new member form or use the existing member shortcut.

In a few moments, Force.com Sites will be enabled for your Developer Edition organization.
You can verify that Force.com Sites has been enabled for your Developer Edition organization by clicking Setup➤Develop.
You should see the link for Sites.

When I go to http://developer.force.com/sitespreview, I get a page where I can register for the webinar using the existing member shortcut, which I've done. However, there's nothing that refers to enabling Sites for my Developer Edition org. I've waited at least 15 minutes since registering (more than the "few moments" that the tutorial says), and when I go to Setup / Develop, I don't see the link for Sites.

How do I enable Force.com Sites in my Developer Edition org?

Thanks,

Jeri

Today we’re excited to announce the new Salesforce Developers Discussion Forums. We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can improve the forums.  With Chatter Answers, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we were able to implement an entirely new experience, integrated with the rest of the Salesforce Developers site.  By the way, it’s also mobile-friendly.

We’ve migrated all the existing data, including user accounts. You can use the same Salesforce account you’ve always used to login right away.  You’ll also have a great new user profile page that will highlight your community activity.  Kudos have been replaced by “liking” a post instead and you’ll now be able to filter solved vs unsolved posts.

This is, of course, only the beginning  and because it’s built on the Salesforce1 Platform, we’re going to be able to bring you more features faster than ever before.  Be sure to share any feedback, ideas, or questions you have on this forum post.

Hats off to our development team who has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring this new experience to our community. And thanks to each of you for helping to build one of the most vibrant and collaborative developer communities ever.

Hi All,

during my work with apex, I had issue with searching data in maps of maps of maps... or combinations in lists. Sometimes I want to run a debug log and I want to see all values in fields. Salesforce put debug log into long string only, so it's hard to read. After time, I desided to create a new tool, which parse salesforce log into nice format for easy reading. Try it, and say if you like it. Feel free to request some improvements and ideas for implementing

http://www.cassacloud.com/nice-salesforce-debug/

enjoy!

PS: if you do not have any debug try this one:

16:55:49:253 USER_DEBUG [59]|DEBUG|{Best Case=(), Closed=(OppInfoTotal:[OppCategory=Closed, OppId=MyId, OppName=TestOPP1, OppProjectType=null, OppV2Practice=null, sumTotals=(sumQuarterRow:[RevenueType=Deposit, SumOfRow=null, month1=1.0, month2=0, month3=3.6], sumQuarterRow:[RevenueType=Milestone, SumOfRow=null, month1=3.0, month2=0, month3=0])]), Commit=(OppInfoTotal:[OppCategory=Commit, OppId=myId, OppName=TestOPP2, OppProjectType=null, OppV2Practice=null, sumTotals=(sumQuarterRow:[RevenueType=Final, SumOfRow=null, month1=1.0, month2=2.5, month3=1.9])]), Pipeline=()}

I have created a custom field and set its attribute "Unique" to true. Is it possible to throw a trigger or have some popup message or a workflow rule that prevents a user from unchecking that attribute.

Please help!