• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'd like to start a discussion on what IDE support there is going to be.   It took me a long time to get the eclipse working for the S-Controls and it was almost life-changing when I did.  What a joy it was being able to edit my companies S-Controls in a convenient manner.

So, some initial questions:

- Have the SalesForce development team planned for the use of IDEs.  I read through the (marketting) descriptions of how wonderful the new world of Apex will be, and I think I remember the seeing the acronym dotted around.

- Will SalesForce be championing a particular IDE
    - will it be an extension of the current Eclipse plug-in?

- Will IDE support be available during the beta phase?

- As we have a full description of the new Apex language - what functionality might we expect in any IDEs sanctioned by SalesForce:  syntax highlighters, checkers, documentation...#

- Is any of the wonderful SalesForce developer community out there planning on doing anything along these lines?
I am starting to develop more and more scontrols and am getting bored of pasting the code into the web page when I want to run/debug it.

I thought I'd found my saviour when I found the announcements about the eclipse integration -- I then spent the next few hours trying to install it and, at the last hurdle, it all failed.  I can't get eclipse to install any of the 'The Eclipse Project' updates to eclipse.  I just get errors.

As well as that, I can't find any information about how to use eclipse with salesforce...the link: http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/ gives me a 404 and I can't find anything anywhere else.  Has the eclipse integration gone out of fashion?

Any way - can anyone help me with tips on how best to edit the s-controls.  If that is eclipse, then how do I get it all installed.

Thanks in advance.
Just out of interest, but is there any technical reason why an object may not have two masters detail relationships?

E.g.

A
 \
  A_has_B
 /
B

If an A or B record is deleted, it would be nice if any related A_has_B records are also deleted.

At the moment, SF stops multiple masters being allowed, but I can't see the sense in that.
While developing our sales force, I keep coming across the need to denormalise data to show in list. I think this is only because we have many-to-many relationships between objects within out data structure. The relationship therefore has to be represented by a third object, a _has_ table. E.g. we have two objects A and B that have a m-2-m relationship, so we implement an A_has_B object that simply contians a unique key, the id of an A object and an id of a B object.

However, for example when showing the list of B items in A, I would also like to show other data from the B object in the list, especially if I am using an auto-number id for the B object.

The only way I can think to do this is to write in code to denormalise the data from the B object to the A_has_B object. Of course this is horrible and I can't think of a simple way of ensuring that data is kept up to date.

Any suggestions?
I am starting to develop more and more scontrols and am getting bored of pasting the code into the web page when I want to run/debug it.

I thought I'd found my saviour when I found the announcements about the eclipse integration -- I then spent the next few hours trying to install it and, at the last hurdle, it all failed.  I can't get eclipse to install any of the 'The Eclipse Project' updates to eclipse.  I just get errors.

As well as that, I can't find any information about how to use eclipse with salesforce...the link: http://adnsandbox.com/appexchange/updates/ gives me a 404 and I can't find anything anywhere else.  Has the eclipse integration gone out of fashion?

Any way - can anyone help me with tips on how best to edit the s-controls.  If that is eclipse, then how do I get it all installed.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have an application that allows users to add products from our database. I want this to be the only way users can add products as the pricelist in Salesforce.com may not be the most recent. Is there a way to disable the Add and Edit Products button in the Opportunity page Layout?

Thanks,

Rhonda