• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible rewrite email2case to do another thing?. For example: I want to create a new contact when the case is created.
Which is the class/method where the case is created?

thx

Hi, I´m trying to make a report to list all cases who have: one reply of a forwarded email.

like:

select case.id
from case c
inner join email_1 e1(c.id=e1.case_id)
inner join email_2 e2 (c.id=e2.case_id)
    where email_1.status=new
   and un email_2.status=forwarded
   and email_1.date>email_2.date

It is possible using the advanced filter??:smileysurprised:
Hi, Again:

It is posible to send the values of a PickList as parameter in a url like "....&param1={!PickList_Multi__c} " ??

thanks for your time!
Hi.

I`m trying to make a link whit parameters to fields (custom and standar), for example:

https://na1.salesforce.com/80030000000JwE1/e?returl=2%F800&00N300000011uAD=4

where 80030000000JwE1 is the object ID and 00N300000011uAD is the custom field ID

the edit view appear ok, but the custom field is empty

what is wrong ??

thanks
Hi

One question from sForce community is it possible to make the field readonly on a page layout after it was changed, based on the value of that field. ie - if status is approved already, I don't want it to be "un-approved".

Thanks,
Martin
I stumbled acros a technique that many of you may already be using, but I've found it really helpful. I call S-Controls from custom formula fields that have querystring variables that control their function.

Calling an S-Control from a link is easy. The hyperlink looks something like this:

https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N300000008grl&eid=01N300000008jkl

The first ID is the S-Control's ID. The second ID is the ID of the current context object. If you click the link on a Contact layout, this will be the ID of that Contact.

The servlet handles that second ID and makes the fields for that object available to your S-Control in the form {!Contact_Id}.

The cool thing is you can add more querystring variables. This allows you to use a single S-Control for multiple links, each with different behavior because the extra querystring variables are different. Here's an example:

https://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=01N300000008grl&eid=01N300000008jkl&type=Individual&opptype=Membership

In this case, the Type and Opptype variables let me use this one S-Control in links to create Opportunites from a Contact record. I get 6 different functions (2 Types x 3 OppTypes) from one S-Control, greatly simplifying my setup.

Steve
  • February 26, 2006
Hi.

I`m trying to make a link whit parameters to fields (custom and standar), for example:

https://na1.salesforce.com/80030000000JwE1/e?returl=2%F800&00N300000011uAD=4

where 80030000000JwE1 is the object ID and 00N300000011uAD is the custom field ID

the edit view appear ok, but the custom field is empty

what is wrong ??

thanks
I realize this is unsupported currently, but is there any way to create a new template e-mail and have it send immediately from an scontrol? I'm already creating the new e-mail, but currently it just opens into a standard send e-mail window and I can't find any URL parameter to just have it send the e-mail without requiring a second click.

What I'm currently doing:

window.location.href = "/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Contact_ID}&rtype=003" + "&p2_lkid={!Contact_ID}&new_template=1&nosave=0&template_id=";

I could of course handle this outside an scontrol with an external web server and a custom link, but I'd prefer to handle everything within an scontrol to keep it contained within SFDC.

Is there any way to do what I want (supported or not) or am I stuck with manual intervention or an external solution?

BTW, adding &save=1 to that URL causes an internal server error, not sure if save=1 is supposed to work and is just currently broken or is just an unexpected URL parameter for this page that causes an error.

Thanks,
E.J.
  • January 31, 2006