• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to include related lists for Related Content and Content Deliveries on a VF page and I can't figure out their relationship names. I searched in the docs but couldn't find that info. Can someone help?

Where is that info (list of all standard relationship names) documented?

I tried the following and few other names without luck.

<apex:relatedList list="RelatedContent" />
<apex:relatedList list="Content" />
<apex:relatedList list="ContentDeliveries" />

Thanks much

• February 15, 2011

I posted this under another long thread which probably is buried some where. No responses there, so posting here again-

The way SP initiated SSO is currently supported in SFDC, it will only work if there was IdP initiated SSO once. My requirement needs SP initiated SSO and we can't do IdP initiated even once. "My Domain" feature would have addressed my need but I guess its not going to be available till winter release (anyone knows the date?)

My question is- Shouldn't SP initiated SSO work seamlessly with Sites given that a site uses custom domain? I haven't tried but based on other posts here, looks like it doesn't. So, is there any solution to make SP initiated SSO work (without IdP initiated once)?

I came across this in the help-

If you wanted to use SAML for Sites for when a service provider initiates sign-on, you must first create a Visualforce page that provides a redirect to your server. The following is an example:
<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
 <script>
     var PingSpURL = "https://my.pingserver.com:9031/idp/startSSO.ping?PartnerSpId=salesforce.com.sp";
     var siteLoginPage = "&TargetResource={!$Site.CurrentSiteUrl}siteLogin?startUrl={!$Site.OriginalUrl}";
     window.location = PingSpURL+siteLoginPage;
 </script>
</apex:page>

Where does this page go? Does it need to be the error page on Sites?

Or what if I set the cookies required for SSO from the visualforce pages the user hits first? Will that kick off SSO?

A few other questions-

1. When SAML is enabled in Single Sign-On settings, does it apply to all users including Sites/Customer portal users? Is it possible to have SAML apply to only a set of users, and how?

2. Is it possible to have Delegated SSO for regular users and SAML SSO for Sites/portal users?

Thanks in advance.

• October 06, 2010

Single Sign-On for customer portal requires that "portal_id" be specified in SAML assertion. How do you implement SSO for multiple portals then? I have 2 portals (and sites). How can I make users access either of the portals via SSO?

Thanks much.

• September 23, 2010

I was thinking about using IBT but apparently it only works for one community. Not sure of the reason behind that limitation, I'm wondering if anyone was able to tweak it to make it work for multiple communities. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Still can't figure out why they put that limitation.

Thanks in advance.

• September 23, 2010

I have a Visualforce page embedded in a regular page layout. The embedded VF page has a search field and a button. On clicking the button, it opens another VF page with the search results. The search works ok, but the resulting VF page (second one) is being displayed in the same place as the first one, embedded in the layout. I would like to open the second page like a standard page (with sidebar, tabs etc) in the main frame. It sounds like a very simple thing, but I just can't figure it out. Can someone pls help?

Thanks

• February 19, 2010

I need to display KML overlays on Google map embedded in a Visualforce page. The KML files are stored either in a custom object/field or in CRM content.

I googled and came across some gadgets that can be embedded in a page but they seem to use an external service that typically accepts a URL of the KML file which I'm not sure works in my situation.

Can someone pls help me get started on this? Some code samples would be very helpful.

Thanks

• February 03, 2010

Looking for a Force.com consultant/developer who can start working on a project with our client immediately. Must be local to San Francisco bay area. The consultant will be responsible for building customizations using triggers in Salesforce.com, and providing assistance in integrating Salesforce.com data with other business applications. Experience with APEX Code is essential.

The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of the software development life cycle and have proven experience with the implementation of complex projects including technical design and analyzing requirements. The consultant is expected to start contributing to the project with no training. 2+ years of Hands on experience with SFDC preferred. Experience with Java or other Web based technologies preferred.

Please reply to vasu@banyanside.com with resume and hourly rate.

Thanks

• February 24, 2009

I have a visualforce page based on standard Event controller. The fields StartDateTime and EndDateTime do not render correctly. I'm using inputField for them in a pageBlockSection, and they are rendered as non-editable text fields. No calendar widget or time field etc. Is this a problem in Visualforce? Any solution to this?

The same problem described in this message as well, but no solution.

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=3503

Thanks

• February 09, 2009

The fundamental problem I'm struggling with is that Force.com platform doesn't allow adding a lookup field related to Event/Task on a custom object or vice versa. I need to have a related list section on Event page and display the records of a related custom object, so I've been playing with this idea-

- Create a text field to represent Event ID, in my custom object. Manage the relationship with Event through this field in custom controller/extension classe.

- Create a visualforce page mimicking all the functionality of the standard Event page and then add a pageBlock for the related list. I need to create pages for both edit and view functions. I'm assuming this is doable, although very painful. Pls point out if I'm wrong with this whole idea. 

Assuming it works out as planned, here's a problem I see already- I can have a button (say on Opportunity page/Open Activities section) to open a new Event in my visualforce page in edit mode and have the record created. Once a record is created, it will show up in the list in "Open Activities" section. Now if I click on this record or the Edit link next to it, the record is not going to open in my visualforce page. It will probably open up in the native page layout thats associated with the record type... that doesn't serve the purpose. 

I don't want to override the standard buttons/links because I have a bunch of other record types that use different native page layouts. Is it possible to tie up certain record types to always use my visualforce page, i.e., override the standard buttons/links based on record types? If not, what other options I have?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vas

• February 06, 2009

I'm trying to mimic creating a New Event from the related list section (Open Activities) on Opportunity page through a custom button (called "New Event X"). This custom button, on clicking, should open a visualpage in edit mode. This visualpage is based on a standard controller for Event, has fields from Event and a few other objects.

Here's the problem- I have the visualpage created, but can't attach it to the custom button because the button type is "List Button" and the page is based on a standard controller for Event. If I change the button type to Detail Page Button then I can attach the visualpage to it, but Salesforce requires the custom button to be of "List Button" type in order for it to appear on the related list section of Opportunity page.

I don't want to override the standard button "New Event". It seems like a pretty common requirement, and I'm wondering how others have done it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vas

• February 05, 2009

I'm wondering how to go about building visualforce pages with graphics. My graphics are like flow diagrams or hierarchical diagrams (like org charts). Does Force.com platform offer any drawing tools/API to draw shapes like line, rectangle, connectors etc?

I searched for apps on AppExchange and the closest I found, to what I need, was OrgView from DreamFactory but it doesn't meet all my requirements. OrgView just allows you to generate org charts on contacts or accounts using their relationships but thats about it. I need to be able to generate more complex diagrams using data from various objects including custom objects.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• January 27, 2009

I have a custom object with a lookup to Opportunity, so I can display the custom object's records in the related list section of opportunity. I'm trying to display the fields of this custom object record in a free form on the opportunity page (just like any other fields of opportunity) as opposed to the columns which seem to be the default for dataTable or pageBlockTable.

To illustrate the problem, this is how its currently displayed-

Opportunity page:

.... some opportunity fields here...

Related list- Custom object

field1      field2        field3          field4

----------------------------------------

value1    value2      value3        value4

valueA    valueB      valueC        valueD

I want to display the custom object records (one block for every record) like this-

field1:  value1

field2:  value2

field3:  value3

field4:  value4

field1:  valueA

field2:  valueB

field3:  valueC

field4:  valueD

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• January 21, 2009
I'm trying to create an object that is exactly same as one of the existing custom objects. Basically I need a 'clone' operation at the object definition level. I tried using the metadata in Force.com IDE, copying the XML and renaming it. But I noticed that the XML of the original object is incomplete with a bunch of missing fields. I refreshed it from the server (a number of times), but its still missing the fields. Has anyone experienced this problem before? How can I get complete XML of the objects in IDE? The original object is part of a package, would that make any difference? It is my own object though, I created it a few months ago.
Is there another way to accomplish this - cloning object definition?

Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
  • October 27, 2008
I have a few custom objects (packaged) in my Eclipse project, and I'm trying to use "Save to server" option to save them to sandbox. It doesn't work. No error messages, I just see red cross icons on the files after the attempt. These objects were first created and packaged in sandbox and then downloaded into Eclipse project. I had to refresh my sandbox losing all the changes and now I'm trying to restore them from my Eclipse project. Does "save to server" work for anybody at all? Pls help.
  • January 29, 2008
I want to add a custom button or a link on the account detail page which, when clicked, simply copies billing address to shipping address and saves the record. How can I do that? Pls provide the code if possible. Thanks in advance.
  • January 29, 2008

I'm getting the following error while trying to generate Java classes out of wsdl. Does anyone know what could be the problem? I'm using Maven plugin for axis to do wsdl2java.

Thanks in advance

=======================================================================================

[axis-wsdl2java] Running Wsdl2javaAntTask with parameters:

[axis-wsdl2java] verbose:true

[axis-wsdl2java] debug:false

[axis-wsdl2java] quiet:false

[axis-wsdl2java] server-side:false

[axis-wsdl2java] skeletonDeploy:true

[axis-wsdl2java] helperGen:false

[axis-wsdl2java] factory:org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory

[axis-wsdl2java] nsIncludes:[]

[axis-wsdl2java] nsExcludes:[]

[axis-wsdl2java] factoryProps:[]

[axis-wsdl2java] testCase:true

[axis-wsdl2java] noImports:false

[axis-wsdl2java] NStoPkg:{}

[axis-wsdl2java] output:C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\axis\src

[axis-wsdl2java] protocolHandlerPkgs:

[axis-wsdl2java] deployScope:session

[axis-wsdl2java] URL:C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\wsdl\enterprise.wsdl

[axis-wsdl2java] all:true

[axis-wsdl2java] typeMappingVersion:1.1

[axis-wsdl2java] timeout:45000

[axis-wsdl2java] failOnNetworkErrors:false

[axis-wsdl2java] printStackTraceOnFailure:true

[axis-wsdl2java] namespaceMappingFile:null

[axis-wsdl2java] username:null

[axis-wsdl2java] :passwordnull

[axis-wsdl2java] :noWrappedfalse

[axis-wsdl2java] :jaxrpc11mappingsfalse

[axis-wsdl2java] :implementationClassNamenull

[axis-wsdl2java] :classpathnull

[axis-wsdl2java] http.proxyHost=null

[axis-wsdl2java] http.proxyPort=null

[axis-wsdl2java] http.proxyUser=null

[axis-wsdl2java] http.proxyPassword=null

[axis-wsdl2java] socks.proxyHost=null

[axis-wsdl2java] socks.proxyPort=null

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: C:\Documents and Settings\vpulipati\.maven\cache\maven-axis-plugin-0.7\plugin.jelly:106:33: <axis-wsdl2java> WSDL processing error for C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\wsdl\enterprise.wsdl :

Duplicate file name: C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\axis\src\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java.

Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name.

org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate file name: C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\axis\src\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java.

Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name.

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:113)

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaTypeWriter.generate(JavaTypeWriter.java:113)

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory$Writers.generate(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:424)Total time: 5 seconds

Finished at: Fri Apr 14 22:49:24 GMT 2006

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generateTypes(Parser.java:540)

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:427)

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:44)

at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:357)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

BUILD FAILED

File...... C:\Documents and Settings\vpulipati\.maven\cache\maven-axis-plugin-0.7\plugin.jelly

Element... ant:fail

Line...... 161

Column.... 37

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: C:\Documents and Settings\vpulipati\.maven\cache\maven-axis-plugin-0.7\plugin.jelly:106:33: <axis-wsdl2java> WSDL processing error for C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\wsdl\enterprise.wsdl :

Duplicate file name: C:\dev\workspace\paypal\salesforce-lib\src\axis\src\com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java.

• April 14, 2006
.. so that I can download the partner wsdl once and use that to automatically download enterprise wsdl everytime I need.
  • April 14, 2006
I'm trying to run a query from Eclipse plugin's schema browser which I think is failing... but I don't see any error messages so I don't know what is going on. Is there any info available to help me debug the problem?

The plugin is definitely helpful, but I think it just has very basic features. Selecting fields constructs the query automatically, but it doesn't unselect those fields when you select a different object's columns. No syntax checking for handwritten statements. How do I create complex queries? Can I join objects? Although SOQL doesn't support joins, it would be nice to have a feature in the plugin that allows you to see object data along with its related objects data.

Message Edited by vas on 04-06-2006 03:36 PM

• April 06, 2006

Hello,

I am wondering if we can convert the SOAP WS written in APEX to REST based? What are steps in doing it? Do I need to change the Integration logic also written in .NET? 

Here is my APEX Class - 

global class putLocationId {
  webservice String City;
  webservice String State;

global class LocationInput {
    webservice String GUID; 
    webservice String locationinfo;
    webservice String LocationId;
    }
 global class LocationOutput {
    webservice String errorMessage; 
    webservice boolean Success;
    // webservice List<LocationInput> vlocationinfo;    
    }
  webservice static LocationOutput createLocationws(List<LocationInput> vlocationinfo) {

integer newcount = 0;
     List<Location__c> newloc = new List<Location__c>();
     for (integer i = 0; i < vlocationinfo.size() ; i++) {
     Location__c l = new Location__c();
     l.Location_ID__c = vlocationinfo[i].GUID;
     l.Name__c = vlocationinfo[i].locationinfo;
     l.LocationIntStatusLastChanged__c = System.now();
     l.Current_Backlog_Minutes__c = 100;
     l.Postal_Code__c = '03801';
     newloc.add(l);
     newcount = newcount + 1;
     }
     insert newloc;
     system.debug(' the locations added:'  + newcount);   
     LocationOutput ops = new LocationOutput();
     ops.errorMessage = 'No Errors from this API';
     ops.success = true;
     return ops;

}
}

I'm trying to include related lists for Related Content and Content Deliveries on a VF page and I can't figure out their relationship names. I searched in the docs but couldn't find that info. Can someone help?

Where is that info (list of all standard relationship names) documented?

I tried the following and few other names without luck.

<apex:relatedList list="RelatedContent" />
<apex:relatedList list="Content" />
<apex:relatedList list="ContentDeliveries" />

Thanks much

• February 15, 2011

Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know how to paste screen shot when we post message? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• October 06, 2010

From what I understand, you can forcibly set a default site language, and you can also dynamically set a language on a per page basis with something like

<apex:page language="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.lang}">

but what about keeping that language when navigating to another page?  Is it possible to set and get session-level parameters for reuse on subsequent page loads without using the portal authentication and user-language settings?

Hey guys,

trying to write a very simple trigger. I need to keep track of all the people in an account under the age of 18. I figured easiest way to do this was have a trigger attached to contacts, that says whenever a contact inserted, updated, or deleted to find all contacts in the same account as the one we are modifying that are under the age of 18 and update the counter on the account.

Just in the sake of efficiency I have a few questions.

1) How can I tell how many rows were returned in a query? I don't really need the data in the query, just how many rows it returned. Seems wasteful to do a loop to count the records.

2) Can I update an object without selecting it first? For example, I need to update the account, I already know the Id of the account to update because it is on the contact. I am simply updateing a field, and it seems inefficient to have to select the account object with it's own query before I am able to update it. However it says I cannot specify the ID of a contact object.

Here is my code.

(Yes I know its not bulk safe, I still don't understand how to code in that style)

trigger UpdateNumberOfChildrenCounter on Contact (after insert, after update, after delete)
{
//The account object we will be updateing. The same account as the one the contact is in.
Account contactAccount = new Account();
//All the contacts in the given account under the age of 18
Contact allAccountContacts = new Contact();

//Find all people in this account under the age fo 18. Don't need any data,
//just the number of them there are.
allAccountContacts = [select Id From Contact Where AccountId =:Trigger.new[0].AccountId and age__c < 18];

//This line tosses an error because "field is not writeable". Well I am just
//trying to do an update.
contactAccount.Id = Trigger.new[0].AccountId;

//I don't know the syntax for getting the number of records a query returns, so I
//am using .recordCount as a place holder.
contactAccount.Number_of_Children__c = allAccountContacts.recordCount;

//Update the accoutn object.
update contactAccount;

}

Thanks a bunch for any help. I know it is all totally novice stuff.

Message Edited by Kenji775 on 02-11-2010 09:36 AM

I need to display KML overlays on Google map embedded in a Visualforce page. The KML files are stored either in a custom object/field or in CRM content.

I googled and came across some gadgets that can be embedded in a page but they seem to use an external service that typically accepts a URL of the KML file which I'm not sure works in my situation.

Can someone pls help me get started on this? Some code samples would be very helpful.

Thanks

• February 03, 2010

I have a visualforce page sitting on the home page within an iframe.  I want the user to be able to click a link on that visualforce page and display the details page for the specific object (e.g. a Task).

When the user clicks the link the page refreshes but only within that iframe. How do I get the parent window (i.e. my main salesforce window) to refresh as if the page was being accessed normally?

Thanks in advance...

• April 29, 2009

We use salesforce and are pleased with it. However, we are bringing on sales people who use freecrm and I wish to build an automated system to automatically populate freecrm with the lead data we collect in salesforce so we can use both systems at the same time. We take advantage of the salesforce web to lead forms as well as google adwords integration. Please let me know your solution to this and how much you would charge.

I have a visualforce page based on standard Event controller. The fields StartDateTime and EndDateTime do not render correctly. I'm using inputField for them in a pageBlockSection, and they are rendered as non-editable text fields. No calendar widget or time field etc. Is this a problem in Visualforce? Any solution to this?

The same problem described in this message as well, but no solution.

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=3503

Thanks

• February 09, 2009

The fundamental problem I'm struggling with is that Force.com platform doesn't allow adding a lookup field related to Event/Task on a custom object or vice versa. I need to have a related list section on Event page and display the records of a related custom object, so I've been playing with this idea-

- Create a text field to represent Event ID, in my custom object. Manage the relationship with Event through this field in custom controller/extension classe.

- Create a visualforce page mimicking all the functionality of the standard Event page and then add a pageBlock for the related list. I need to create pages for both edit and view functions. I'm assuming this is doable, although very painful. Pls point out if I'm wrong with this whole idea. 

Assuming it works out as planned, here's a problem I see already- I can have a button (say on Opportunity page/Open Activities section) to open a new Event in my visualforce page in edit mode and have the record created. Once a record is created, it will show up in the list in "Open Activities" section. Now if I click on this record or the Edit link next to it, the record is not going to open in my visualforce page. It will probably open up in the native page layout thats associated with the record type... that doesn't serve the purpose. 

I don't want to override the standard buttons/links because I have a bunch of other record types that use different native page layouts. Is it possible to tie up certain record types to always use my visualforce page, i.e., override the standard buttons/links based on record types? If not, what other options I have?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vas

• February 06, 2009

I'm trying to mimic creating a New Event from the related list section (Open Activities) on Opportunity page through a custom button (called "New Event X"). This custom button, on clicking, should open a visualpage in edit mode. This visualpage is based on a standard controller for Event, has fields from Event and a few other objects.

Here's the problem- I have the visualpage created, but can't attach it to the custom button because the button type is "List Button" and the page is based on a standard controller for Event. If I change the button type to Detail Page Button then I can attach the visualpage to it, but Salesforce requires the custom button to be of "List Button" type in order for it to appear on the related list section of Opportunity page.

I don't want to override the standard button "New Event". It seems like a pretty common requirement, and I'm wondering how others have done it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vas

• February 05, 2009
It appears that any links in a Visualforce page that is rendered as pdf are not hyperlinks in the pdf.  They have a line underneath them but you cannot click on them.  Is this standard functionality or am I missing something?  I simply put an outputlink component on the page and it was not clickabled.  Thanks for clarification.
  • February 03, 2009
I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.
We are trying to make a custom page where the user could create a few meetings related to one person. We want a fastest way to do it with some fixed values.

We have created and event object on the controller and then we add fields form that event to the page, the problem is that when we add the start and end date for the event the page renders it as a non editable field. We have tried many ways to do it and nothing worked.

Anyone has any idea?

Thank you.